• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
search for idle in the server search bar. Join a game where the map is listed as "achievement_idle" or something similar.

Thank you. It's taking a while to download a 2MB map but hopefully it'll work.

Edit: Of course it will take a while to download if Steam is downloading a game at the same time. It seems to be running fine. Now we play the waiting game...

Durante

Daily Zestiria report:
zest2wpb37.png

Looks like it should make it to 50k before release (!).

aw350

Banned
A bit off-topic, since that's not Steam:

Whoever is interested in LoL Worlds and didn't yet watch the first quarterfinal, I am genuinely jealous for you, you are in for quite a treat. Be sure to grab a beer.

Tizoc

A bit off-topic, since that's not Steam:

Whoever is interested in LoL Worlds and didn't yet watch the first quarterfinal, I am genuinely jealous for you, you are in for quite a treat. Be sure to grab a beer.

When does it start?

Ludens

Banned
Nice, I can't use DS4 on DS2 SINS, I tried some workaround (I'm using InputMapper) but nothing, the screen just spins around when I but the game, X does nothing, Square works but nothing else.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder what is it that makes Zestiria pre-release available on Steamspy, but not other games.

It doesn't have the section_type = ownersonly flag. It's what stops pre-orders counting as +1s and related Steam Community content from appearing in user activity feeds/profiles (screenshot uploads and the like). If you have the game and look at your Steam Community games list, you'll see that Zestiria is listed but Symphonia is not.

Daily Zestiria report:
zest2wpb37.png

Looks like it should make it to 50k before release (!).

If these numbers are true, 50k is a pretty good number for PC debut.

Considering it's the first Tales game on PC, and Zestria didn't get the greatest reception during the Japanese release, I'd say those are at the very least good pre-order numbers. Hopefully we end up with healthy enough sales to warrant more Tales ports and new releases on PC.

To compare it to other North American numbers:
Tales of Destiny - 68k
Tales of Destiny 2 (Eternia) - 58k
Tales of Symphonia - 470k
Tales of Legendia - 83k
Tales of Phantasia - 88k
Tales of the Abyss - 72k
Tales of the World - 39k
Tales of Vesperia - 144k
Tales of Symphonia 2 - 136k
Tales of the Abyss 3DS - 45k
Tales of Graces F - 63k
Tales of Xillia - 230k (estimation of both US+Europe)​
(Source: Randos on Gamefaqs that I found on Google, and Gamespot. Feel free to correct.)

Looking at this, 38k on day 1 seems like a decent portion to add to the pile.

According to this board:

Tales of Xillia got 100K at 25 days.
Tales of Xillia 2 got 43K at 12 days.
Tales of Graces got 64K at 19 days.

I think it's a safe bet that Zestiria Steam will hit 50k owners at release, and it's a good number for this series.

Anyway, that Symphonia number is just insane.

Zestiria is the first JRPG that is launching simultaneously with consoles right? And at full price even.

Those numbers are really encouraging.

Arthea

I think it was not posted yet

let's guess what that unknown spot could be,
if it's anything

edited: it actually reminds me something, but I'm yet to remember what exactly

Zestiria is the first JRPG that is launching simultaneously with consoles right? And at full price even.

Those numbers are really encouraging.

I'm not sure that Bamco sees it as a full priced game, they give two games for those preorders after all

edited:
another thing to consider, if Trails and Corpse Party get pushed to 2016, doesn't it mean 2016 games are pushed too? Although they all only have estimate release dates (except LKS), not real ones.

Tizoc

I think it was not posted yet

let's guess what that unknown spot could be,
if it's anything

edited: it actually reminds me something, but I'm yet to remember what exactly
The blurred image is from one of their next releases right? Not just a random image?

Tizoc

Having gotten ToZ for $40-41 via a trader, I find having gotten 2 'new' games for $41 to be a decent outcome. With ToS intended to be USD 20 on release, that would mean I got ToZ for $20-21.
Good deal for me ;)

Arthea

I'm not sure those ToV numbers are correct, lemme check something

edited: checked, those were not US numbers. Anyway, ToV is above half million sold.

edit2: ToX is above 1mln worldwide too, which is ironic as I would consider ToX one of worst mainline games.

edit3: Anybody have played Planetbase yet?
It looks interesting and is a topseller now

I'm not sure those ToV numbers are correct, lemme check something

edited: checked, those were not US numbers. Anyway, ToV is above half million sold.

edit2: ToX is above 1mln worldwide too, which is ironic as I would consider ToX one of worst mainline games.

I believe those are first day/week numbers, as we were actually talking about that on the OT.
Tales of games pulling a million on first day is kinda unbelievable.

Arthea

I believe those are first day/week numbers, as we were actually talking about that on the OT.
Tales of games pulling a million on first day is kinda unbelievable.

ya, I didn't mean day one sales, obviously

Am I the only one excited for EDF?

could you kindly go play Gray Goo (it's almost EDF!) and tell me should I bother with this free weekend or not.

edited: while I'm at work working, I mean

I just want Destiny, Destiny 2, Eternia, Rebirth, and maaaaybe Vesperia. :(

But
Symphonia ain't good
:p

but I don't want this game :<

It's not the best, but it's good.

Anyway, apparently you can't take screenshots and record videos of PS4 Zestiria due to licensing issue. I mean, what's the point if a few days later PC users can freely spread them anyway. :/
Is this licensing thing the main reason why the west (specially PC) can't have lots of those Japanese games?

It's not the best, but it's good.

Anyway, apparently you can't take screenshots and record videos of PS4 Zestiria due to licensing issue. I mean, what's the point if a few days later PC users can freely spread them anyway. :/
Is this licensing thing the main reason why the west (specially PC) can't have lots of those Japanese games?

It tends to be an issue with some games. Especially anime stuff because that stuff is usually licensed in a weird way in the west. It's why we never got Jump Ultimate Stars. The
only good
best Smash game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom