• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Dang, missed all these great giveaways today.

Also, I suck at Resident Evil 4 (so far).

Make sure you upgrade stuff. I tried to do a playthrough being stingy as hell, and it didn't really work out.

There you go.
5p5rd.gif

A+

Anyone can tell me the difference between a HDD-dock (like I found a USB-3 6 bay HDD-dock for about 150$) and a NAS?

"A NAS and a docking station serve two totally different purposes.

A dock like that is intended for quickly swapping between drives to access data and is most likely not intended for prolonged use.

A NAS, on the other hand, is intended for a longer term storage solution giving the option for more advanced settings such as RAID and sharing out a volume via different protocols (SAMBA, NFS, FTP, HTTP, etc) among many other things. It is essentially a purpose built computer and can run stand-alone unlike the dock you linked. Like mentioned, there are many other things that can be done on a NAS besides just network storage.

In terms of accessing content on the drives, it's like comparing a tricycle to a car."

https://www.quora.com/Why-would-I-buy-a-NAS-over-a-docking-station

I think it will do better numbers than Xillia 2 first week sales on US. I believe that was 61k. 80-100k should still be a good number considering its the first time they put a Tales of game on PC and if the port is good and word of mouth yadda yadda special sales there might be more interest in bringing the series to Steam. (P.S: Port everything except Vesperia for shits and giggles)

Xillia 2 only did that much? Damn.
Well, I enjoyed the first Xillia more than that one.

Dsyndrome

Hearts of Stone's OT gets decent traffic, but we all know steamgaf is not known for playing games.

Seriously people get on it!

Some of us have it on GOG, and another subset of that have Wasteland 2 DC, then more people have lives... definitely gets in the way of me gaming other than Clicker Heroes.

Some of us have it on GOG, and another subset of that have Wasteland 2 DC, then more people have lives... definitely gets in the way of me gaming other than Clicker Heroes.
Yeah, Wasteland 2 DC, I need to play that too.

Some of SteamGAF does.
And then they post pictures with story spoilers in the caption, even if the screen doesn't really impart anything spoilerish.
Huh, haven't noticed it, my Chrome has problem with spoiler tags lately.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Xillia 2 only did that much? Damn.
Well, I enjoyed the first Xillia more than that one.

Yeah but gotta see what the PSN sales did to the game sales in the long run since it has been in like 2 or 3 sales already. Namco is happy to put the Tales of games on sales often lately.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hard to say -- Namco can be stingy with stuff... look at the Xenoverse pricing outside of the 5 minute price mistake.

Namco is usually stingier with the licensed games cause they want to milk that full price as long as they can but if its something that is not a big seller they can be pretty chill about it and make quick deals.

Dsyndrome

Feeling generous tonight, who's in the mood for old school kick in the nuts?
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dsyndrome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mega Man Legacy Collection -- MB-F14E99689640BB75 - Taken by Iron Badger. 52 entrants total.

t1444976900z1.png

I've just realized that it's blocked after I posted it.
I didn't preview it, yes. :)

More reason to pre order Zesty now then.
2 games for 50 bucks is quite a good deal. :D

$42, as benardo claims, seems more accurate if you can find someone in Norway to help... however, fantomena seems busy, so I've not pulled the trigger as of yet.

MUnited83

For you.
$42, as benardo claims, seems more accurate if you can find someone in Norway to help... however, fantomena seems busy, so I've not pulled the trigger as of yet.

If you know CS GO key traders, you can get it even cheaper actually.

You can actually get Zestiria for 35/36$.
The hard part is finding a reliable CS GO key trader with a good price, but if you do, there's people selling the game for 18 CS GO keys(not the base ones)

And if Fantomena is willing to, if you give him 18 CS GO keys and he sells them in the market, he will have more than enough money to get the game.

Jazz573

MangaGamer has a sale right now until the end of the month, for all you pervs in this thread. :p No link, because NSFW.

And I'm sorry Anteater, but Higurashi Watanagashi is still not done.

Also on the topic of MangaGamer, Go! Go! Nippon 2015, DLC for Go! Go! Nippon is now out. As far I can tell it's only available on MG. It's available in a bundle with the original for $14.99, but it's $11.24 now because of the sale. Or you can buy it by itself for $7.99, but it's $5.99 during the sale. Either way you get Steam keys. And if you get the DLC you'll get a code to upgrade your Steam version.

Khronico

Welp.

Steam denied my refund request for The Crew because it exceeded the 2hr time limit (I had 3.7 hrs in the game).

I doubt they even read the extensive write up I did on the freezing issue and how it's extremely common.

So now I'm stuck with a game that almost unplayable and my (paypal) wallet is 9 bucks lighter.

Yay.

go go nippon is trash

I still like how the protagonist seems to come from some poor country. Like totally normal things like metro/bus cards or vending machines amazed him. Then when he slept in a tatami-room in a futon he almost ejaculated by how great japanese rooms are.

It seemed like the writer of that VN never stepped a foot outside of Japan and is a total nationalist.

Edit: Undertale was a mistake. Its nothing but trash. (at least judging from the screenshots).

fertygo

Welp.

Steam denied my refund request for The Crew because it exceeded the 2hr time limit (I had 3.7 hrs in the game).

I doubt they even read the extensive write up I did on the freezing issue and how it's extremely common.

So now I'm stuck with a game that almost unplayable and my (paypal) wallet is 9 bucks lighter.

Yay.

LOL Valve only had machine to check your playtime for this refund stuff bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom