• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... my computer took almost a minute to display my desktop after logging in. That's probably not good.

The bothers never cease.
Welp.

Steam denied my refund request for The Crew because it exceeded the 2hr time limit (I had 3.7 hrs in the game).

I doubt they even read the extensive write up I did on the freezing issue and how it's extremely common.

So now I'm stuck with a game that almost unplayable and my (paypal) wallet is 9 bucks lighter.

Yay.
Escalate. Steam's worst-in-class support system shouldn't be tolerated.

MUnited83

For you.
Welp.

Steam denied my refund request for The Crew because it exceeded the 2hr time limit (I had 3.7 hrs in the game).

I doubt they even read the extensive write up I did on the freezing issue and how it's extremely common.

So now I'm stuck with a game that almost unplayable and my (paypal) wallet is 9 bucks lighter.

Yay.

Make a support ticket.

Khronico

Hmm... my computer took almost a minute to display my desktop after logging in. That's probably not good.

The bothers never cease.

Escalate. Steam's worst-in-class support system shouldn't be tolerated.

I have a list of possible solutions that I'll go through before writing up something. I want to be thorough because I'd like to fix this issue if possible because I want to continue owning and playing it.

It's odd that this issue is so common though. Searching for 'freeze' in the forum brings up approximately ~80 separate threads opened up on the same issue.

Edit: Did more investigative work, ubi forums is FILLED with people complaining about this issue. Jeez, this game is a hot mess.

Knurek

Play Age of Decadence. And realize how decadent you were.

Still have that Shani xpac to do. And then Dandelion xpac whenever that releases.
No to mention god awful amount of other RPGs, c and j alike.
What exactly makes Age of Decadence worth it over, say, Zesty or D:OS?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

xheRJRF.gif
Postal -- MB-B616E3CB64E7F95D - Taken by rainking187
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-8BF6D6C106BAD8E8 - Taken by aw350
Warlocks vs Shadows -- MB-837AE31AF4AC4B65 - Taken by Haunted
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss -- MB-1AF92E606871202C - Taken by Mikurden
Zombie Driver HD Complete Edition -- MB-F4D9D5EDB867206A - Taken by WinterDemons
1953: NATO vs Warsaw Pact -- MB-62741349ED4EDD57 - Taken by Purkake4

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Actually playing games always makes me miss good giveaways!

Stopped at the final area in Broforce's campaign. Did you know you can oneshot the boss of the 13th level by making it eat a turkey bomb as it comes up? That made me super happy, especially because it was kicking my ass for a good twenty minutes.

LOL you got whooped up by 3rd party trader tbh

can easily get it with 21$ if you trade with Philipine trader by yourself

Shame I'm too broke now :(

Nine just really like the game and want to spread it I think.

$27 is the base Philipine price, how can you get it for $21. -_-
But yeah, I hope I have a credit card so I can buy games by myself. Most of the times, I'm glad I don't have one though.

zkylon

zkylewd
I still like how the protagonist seems to come from some poor country. Like totally normal things like metro/bus cards or vending machines amazed him. Then when he slept in a tatami-room in a futon he almost ejaculated by how great japanese rooms are.

It seemed like the writer of that VN never stepped a foot outside of Japan and is a total nationalist.
i duno, i can't remember much about my game other than how boring it was and how creepy the non loli girl's boobs were

or something

i duno, it was from my weird phase in which i tried not to idle stuff and give things an honest shot

fertygo

$27 is the base Philipine price, how can you get it for $21. -_-
But yeah, I hope I have a credit card so I can buy games by myself. Most of the times, I'm glad I don't have one though.

An philippine trader does the trade for 12 CSGO key, which you can buy around 1,85-90$ per each with right trader

but I made an mistake, not 21 but around 22 bucks.

Dsyndrome

Forgot to do autorepost, enter for free Mega Man.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dsyndrome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mega Man Legacy Collection -- MB-F14E99689640BB75 - Taken by Iron Badger. 52 entrants total.

t1444976900z1.png

An philippine trader does the trade for 12 CSGO key, which you can buy around 1,85-90$ per each with right trader

but I made an mistake, not 21 but around 22 bucks.

Sounds too complicated for me. :p

--------------------------------------------

This post has totally sold me on Age of Decadence. But then I realized that I'm currently broke. Oh well..
This game is incredible and you should all play it.

Let's get some stuff out of the way. The graphics suck (aside from the really nice character portraits). The combat system isn't particularly fun. The game isn't a giant, epic, open-world adventure; it has relatively few locations and much of the story is Game of Thrones-style intrigue and backstabbing rather than big existential threats.

If none of those things are dealbreakers, here's why you should play AoD: it has the best dialogue-based gameplay of any game, ever. I'm including Alpha Protocol, Deus Ex: Human Revolution's conversational battles, and New Vegas in that comparison.

Why is it so great? First, the dialogue is very well-written. It has a super-cynical, dark tone that's very different than any other game I've played. NPCs can lie to you convincingly, and a few lines of dialogue can plant some vivid characterization in your brain.

Second, AoD has the best dialogue-based choice & consequence ever. You can affect large-scale events and go down some radically different branching paths, but you can also use your dialogue skills to alter many smaller choices. Let's say you're trying to convince a soldier to betray his commander and give you secret information (this is a situation in the game, but altered to avoid spoilers). You can use your Trading skill to make a deal; you can use Persuasion to make the situation seem like a winning one for him; you can use both Trading and Persuasion in a single check to make a more favourable deal; you can gamble against him and get him deep into debt (if your Intelligence is high enough, or if you have the skills to cheat) then use that as leverage against him. In a lot of dialogue systems, all of these would lead to the same outcome. In AoD, each of these options has different consequences. Get the guy into debt, and the Thieves' Guild might come collecting and kill him. Make a Trade, and you'll have your end of the bargain to hold up. Use Persuasion, and he might take advantage of the situation to improve his own lot later.

Point is, there's ridiculous depth in the game's dialogue. You can succeed with JUST conversations and no battles. This aspect of the game is so strong (along with some great atmosphere, story, and choice & consequence) that the game's flaws meant almost nothing to me.

If you're not convinced, and don't mind spoilers, you can watch these Youtube playthroughs of the first section of the game. They're based on an old build, and they're hybrid builds (rather than pure dialogue) but they should give you an idea of what I'm talking about:

The Tough Trader
The Smart Soldier

Soulflarz

Banned
I would enter- I want megaman- but my backlog would make me feel guilty if I won it as a +1

GAF Help I Have No Time, Too Many Games, and I Must Scream

fertygo

This post has totally sold me on Age of Decadence. But then I realized that I'm currently broke. Oh well..

Its interest me too, but aside being broke I think I have too many turn based strategy RPG like that on my playlist. Shadowrun, XCOM game.. and still wishlisting Divinity: OS Enhanced Edition too.

I think I'm gonna buy Grim Dawn and/or Darkest Dungeon first before get that one.. long list to get through.

But AoD seem a great RPG and hardcore audience even claim its might've one of GOAT RPG, wow..

Shadownet

Banned
If anyone wants the Canadian price for Zestiria, I could try to help. Gotta figure out what method though. XD

OMG What happened to your face?!

Also made the mistake of playing Killer is Dead before bed time..

btw Bundle Stars is asking me to reset my password but nothing is showing up in my email inbox.. Now I cant even buy any games until I reset my password.

Tizoc

OMG What happened to your face?!

Also made the mistake of playing Killer is Dead before bed time..

btw Bundle Stars is asking me to reset my password but nothing is showing up in my email inbox.. Now I cant even buy any games until I reset my password.

Did you apply the 60 FPS fix for KiD?

i kinda wanna ditch the ken avatar honestly
too many kens round these parts

Go Afro Ken

I love that they made an honest sequel to the Witcher 2 in spite of going mainstream. I can't think of any other studio that's pulled it off; Bioware crashed and burned with their 'mainstream' franchises. Bethesda, of course, is the one to beat, but they gave up everything except mod support to get there (keeping in mind that they kept mods for a reason).

CDPR deserve their success and acclaim. I only hope they can continue their shock and awe development style.

You know what. Lost Planet 3 is okay so far. I mean it isn't 1 or anything but it's not horrible. I got a few laughs from the story so far too I kinda like it.

Wonderful news on LKS, Xanadu Next, and SK:SV coming to PC. I already got SK:SV on Vita som will happily throw money on the better version of Little King's Story and XN.

Hektor

The Payday 2 community has always been pretty toxic honestly,

They go from 0 to 60 at the drop of a hat, they are very passionate about the game, to a fault almost. I like Payday 2 as much (if not more) than the next guy, but god damn I'm that much of a fan lol.

You have to understand, the devs promised 2013 right before the release, that the game will never, ever have microtransactions. And now it does. That the hardcore fans feel betrayed and are mad is absolutely understandable imho.

Tizoc

You know what. Lost Planet 3 is okay so far. I mean it isn't 1 or anything but it's not horrible. I got a few laughs from the story so far too I kinda like it.

While riding the mech you can play any music track that's on your pc/laptop.
Even anime music :p

MUnited83

For you.
You have to understand, the devs promised 2013 right before the release, that the game will never, ever have microtransactions. And now it does. That the hardcore fans feel betrayed and are mad is absolutely understandable imho.

Well, they didn't promise anything. One guy said "I hope not". A guy that stopped working there a while ago.

Shade

A few old extras, enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 42 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orborun -- MB-E384B637400E46C0
Syder Arcade -- MB-2CC30B20018980C2 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
DARKSTONE -- MB-4CCEF7DC8655BD01 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
Dungeon Lurk II -- MB-2899BB0335595091 - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
CHAOS DOMAIN -- MB-0AEBBE15D9E4ADDD
Amnesia : A Machine For Pigs -- MB-505F312CBE749EFC - Taken by BorntoPlay. 2 entrants total.
Dustforce DX -- MB-521224BF39A5535A - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Zafehouse -- MB-70B320C5E5C74E06 - Taken by titch. 3 entrants total.
Ludwig -- MB-B855CCA670F1238B - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
RACER 8 -- MB-E0035D13F1FF146F
Tower of Guns -- MB-275D7080AB256C15 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Deadly Sin 2 -- MB-41743BF40E708F9A - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Osmos -- MB-2D97C5D5890BC77F - Taken by user237. 3 entrants total.
Data Hacker (Corruption or Initiation) -- MB-751B59BD1F9DE3AC
Betrayer -- MB-85305F2854B1AFCF - Taken by XDDX. 1 entrants total.
Rage Runner -- MB-A9720A9C56140E54 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
THE CULLING OF THE COWS -- MB-054202345B78BDF5 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 2 entrants total.
Skyborn -- MB-0812F8B23CBBF1E0 - Taken by Red Hood. 1 entrants total.
Tales From Space -- MB-77C85F2F999409EF - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.
Urban Trial Freestyle -- MB-02B947F558E5259E - Taken by anastef. 3 entrants total.
SOULBRINGER -- MB-A31C9E93884D9965
VOYAGE : JOURNEY TO THE MOON -- MB-9C77F3594EE9A78C - Taken by Hektor. 1 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-341BF99D76AF56A5 - Taken by calyx. 1 entrants total.
Five Nights at Freddy's -- MB-52DE06DC7700B5B4 - Taken by wetflame. 5 entrants total.
MIND: PATH TO THALAMUS -- MB-DBDB0B503EAF3F26 - Taken by Natty1. 2 entrants total.
SPACE FARMERS -- MB-537D2D0827DFE688 - Taken by criesofthepast. 1 entrants total.
Galactic Arms Race -- MB-BFFFDE3A4B3E57B3 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-F9E236CD55F4292C - Taken by Nyteshade517. 3 entrants total.

Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-B50A7822C230D516 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
THE LAST DOOR -- MB-4D48A30A3208F5A8 - Taken by KainXVIII. 3 entrants total.
Eldritch -- MB-2B1EE949D801C045 - Taken by Lobogris. 3 entrants total.
Data Hacker (Corruption or Initiation) -- MB-D3104B3DB19E5A36
REFLEX -- MB-02EC59FD8CDCBF8F - Taken by Accoun. 1 entrants total.
ORBITAL GEAR -- MB-1E6D479C1576CCF1 - Taken by xGreg. 3 entrants total.
Zenbound 2 -- MB-381C3E054F27BF47 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Type:Rider -- MB-A18F22CC33CB7B0D - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.
KU : SHROUD OF THE MORRIGAN -- MB-2E9CAC6FF23ABFFB - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Home -- MB-AE8BDE17EE0AAD5A
ROVER RESCUE -- MB-78E8307D52C82417 - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.
REALMS OF THE HAUNTING -- MB-F4FCD391FC1B4C1A
SPEED KILLS -- MB-62779A5622B17DCF - Taken by pantsattack. 1 entrants total.
4 Elements -- MB-504E84DB38A12472 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.

t1444978040z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Copons

Uh.
First time I read about a hypothetical TW4 and, against my better judgement - TW3 is GOTG material after all - I find it to be quite disappointing.

I got the worst ending possible ever in TW3, it was all my choices' fault and when I read about what I got wrong, I was frankly bothered by how it made sense, both from the narration standpoint and my IRL decisions and approaches
even though I don't have a son or daughter, so I can relate only up to some point - and of course IRL it would be quite uncommon to have to convince a daughter to not go fighting the white frost
Now the fact that I may have a chance to redeem myself, one way or the other, it would greatly detract from my experience of that ending.

Tizoc

I didn't even know there was one. I'll get on that tomorrow.

KiD is like an acid drip man.

You can also remove the HUD ;)
Just check the Steam Community Guides and Forum for various fixes etc.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Killer_Is_Dead

Note that with the 60 FPS fix, one of the gigolo missions crash when you play through it, it's for the Japanese lady. Just don't do her gigolo mission and you'll be fine.
I played through the game with the 60 FPS fix and never had any issues.

Durante

Still have that Shani xpac to do. And then Dandelion xpac whenever that releases.
No to mention god awful amount of other RPGs, c and j alike.
What exactly makes Age of Decadence worth it over, say, Zesty or D:OS?
I was about to quote Chairman Yang's excellent post in reply, but it's already on this page. It's what convinced me to get the game immediately rather than waiting.

Its interest me too, but aside being broke I think I have too many turn based strategy RPG like that on my playlist. Shadowrun, XCOM game.. and still wishlisting Divinity: OS Enhanced Edition too.
Note, I've played the game for ~2 hours so far and I haven't fought a battle yet. So, depending on how you play it, your character type and how you relate to the factions, it might not be a turn based strategy RPG in the traditional sense.

Is Planetbase the spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper/Startopia we've been waiting for all along?

Yeah I saw that I tried to see how to get to my folders on my computer but, couldn't figure that out :(.

The keyboard controls aren't too great though.

Well, it wouldn't be a Capcom game if the KB&M controls were good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom