• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Mugen Souls will be out very soon. Probably within the next 30 days if I was to guess from Ghostlight Ross' tweets. If you're into that sort of thing, I'll probably pick it up. Release date announcement incoming anyway.

Ludens

Banned
I really don't understand GMG anymore. Why having now a sale for Capcom games when you can buy the (Strider) for 1$ in HB?
Even two weeks ago they had a Deep Silver sale while everywhere you can buy the same games they were offering, only for much less. In example Dead Island Riptide was 50% off, but basically everything was 50% off, even stuff usually discounted up to 80%.

I really don't understand GMG anymore. Why having now a sale for Capcom games when you can buy the (Strider) for 1$ in HB?
Even two weeks ago they had a Deep Silver sale while everywhere you can buy the same games they were offering, only for much less. In example Dead Island Riptide was 50% off, but basically everything was 50% off, even stuff usually discounted up to 80%.

Probably planned way ahead of the time and nothing they can do about it. I managed they're as annoyed/confused as their consumers. The real question is why would Capcom make a deal with both GMG and Humble at the same time.

Edit: Remembered, it's because they are Capcom.

Knurek

PC-Does-what-640x317.jpg

STEAM | November 2015 - PC does whaaat?

Vazduh

Deus Ex: Revision mod is out. Free but requires the original Deus Ex.

If anyone still doesn't have this game in library:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-A9EFFE5FC1B13EE6 - Taken by Se7enSword

Saty

Steam Machines\Controller does what? is more appropriate considering Valve's bad marketing and explanations are going to turn the launch of those products to a mess for the non-informed players.

Sajjaja

Pretty funny.

Nice jab at nvidias usual anti-consumer practices (Though I own a card from nvidia, 280x played 30 fps/low on witcher 3 so bought a 970)

My 260X ran TW3 on medium/high at 30-40 fps. You did something wrong or there was something wrong with your card.

Sarcasm

Its for only one game out of the 600+ that I own. I've never really look at the page (on steam) and now that I have I need something that CTRL+F finds.

or something that actually lists all of them on onepage. I couldn't find one I even earned.

Wowzers guys!

Phawx

So here's the thing. I like AMD gpus because of the value. I got a R9 290 for $230 July 21st last year. To get the same performance from Nvidia at the time, I would have had to pay ~$450 if I could manage a deal.

And I've always been able to get things to work. There is a OBS forked build so I could record games at 1080p60 with great quality and very little performance hit.

The biggest fault for AMD is they always create these things that they expect third parties to accomplish. You want 3D? Well we support it, but buy some software from a third party to get it working. You want video recording? We do have something that we offer, but it's pretty limited.

But AMD had two different methods to record video, OVE and AMF. And with their recent driver updates, they completely removed support for OVE and AMF isn't bad, but the dude working on the forked build of OBS doesn't really have AMF optimized so now I can only record at 1080p30.

That's the type of shit that upsets me. But to be fair, their drivers of late have been *much* better than where they were previously. Nvidia is still miles ahead in the software front. The only thing that I see from Nvidia that interests me is that new GameShare thing they have. Where you can play local co-op games by streaming to a friend.

But I do like Freesync more than Gsync.

Tizoc

Probably planned way ahead of the time and nothing they can do about it. I managed they're as annoyed/confused as their consumers. The real question is why would Capcom make a deal with both GMG and Humble at the same time.

Edit: Remembered, it's because they are Capcom.

If Deep Silver had a humble bundle and they had a sale on GMG, would you feel the same way? :p

There is no Capcom sale at GMG, GMG has a bunch of games on sale and among them is Strider.

So here's the thing. I like AMD gpus because of the value. I got a R9 290 for $230 July 21st last year. To get the same performance from Nvidia at the time, I would have had to pay ~$450 if I could manage a deal.

And I've always been able to get things to work. There is a OBS forked build so I could record games at 1080p60 with great quality and very little performance hit.

The biggest fault for AMD is they always create these things that they expect third parties to accomplish. You want 3D? Well we support it, but buy some software from a third party to get it working. You want video recording? We do have something that we offer, but it's pretty limited.
Yup, that is the problem with AMD I noticed too. They start something and expect other people to finish it. I like AMD GPUs and never had problems with them myself.

THE KING
H
E

K
I
N
G

If Deep Silver had a humble bundle and they had a sale on GMG, would you feel the same way? :p

There is no Capcom sale at GMG, GMG has a bunch of games on sale and among them is Strider.

I would, Deep Silver are also mostly terrible.

I assume GMG still have to ok it by Capcom and they would have had this sale planned for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom