• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

1438002762-adventure-time-finn-and-jake-investigations-coming-soon.jpg

Release this Oct. 20th likely since that's when the PSN versions go up

Turfster

The biggest fault for AMD is they always create these things that they expect third parties to accomplish. You want 3D? Well we support it, but buy some software from a third party to get it working. You want video recording? We do have something that we offer, but it's pretty limited.
Nvidia makes you pay extra to get their 3D stuff working too, so it evens out.
Also, 3D sucks.

Its for only one game out of the 600+ that I own. I've never really look at the page (on steam) and now that I have I need something that CTRL+F finds.

or something that actually lists all of them on onepage. I couldn't find one I even earned.

Wowzers guys!

The steam page should, unless some are "hidden".
ctrl+f should work in your browser if you visit the page... (should work in the steam browser too)

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Happy Weekend! :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 30 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nandeyanen The 1st Sutra -- MB-8BC68B5A9DB2FAC6 - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.
Deja Vu II MacVenture Series Steam Key -- MB-0C78AAD827205BCA - Taken by Teppic. 2 entrants total.
Trace Vector -- MB-043E3F9A725DE1C8 - Taken by tylergregg. 8 entrants total.
Porradaria Upgrade -- MB-D14E4752F131385E - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 1 entrants total.
Showtime! -- MB-E53C2F879502E7BD - Taken by septicore. 4 entrants total.
Squarelands -- MB-8293492E7D0FA253 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition The Director's Cut -- MB-0E4E7655823CFBB6 - Taken by aw350. 11 entrants total.
HassleHeart -- MB-47C6CCEE7923FDDA - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Uninvited MacVenture Series Steam Key -- MB-0CD82995F77A9117 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
Velocibox -- MB-E24EB04F0B8927D3 - Taken by Ben652. 5 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess Lilith Pack -- MB-99E89F5C34CA591C - Taken by AsylumX. 3 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess Hilda Rize Pack -- MB-E5704C8F6F055BAB - Taken by Gez. 2 entrants total.
Braveland -- MB-D28877D33DCE62D1 - Taken by Loptous. 5 entrants total.
Shan Gui -- MB-F2916A0107D3B17F - Taken by KainXVIII. 6 entrants total.
Doctor Who The Adventure Games -- MB-52C008ADF71FA35D - Taken by Stronghammer22. 6 entrants total.
Stay Dead Evolution -- MB-FB6FE922525F24AD - Taken by Kifimbo. 6 entrants total.
Diadra Empty -- MB-9820989B02B019D5 - Taken by XDDX. 7 entrants total.
Doodle God -- MB-674FA882DFCA784D - Taken by Vuze. 6 entrants total.
Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale Key!!!) -- MB-EAB9308B2AEB1A5D - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 7 entrants total.
Riddled Corpses -- MB-C63ABD681B9F4D8D - Taken by NingenJanai. 5 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo -- MB-358D7E55A42FF870 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Abducted -- MB-CD9A1D2CB5D8BF98 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 5 entrants total.
Jurassic Park The Game (Telltale Key!!!) -- MB-4176196C48D4348B - Taken by Xanathus. 7 entrants total.
Paranormal State Poison Spring -- MB-C4772056591354EB - Taken by xGreg. 3 entrants total.
Stranded In Time -- MB-622559A43000ACDC - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-3B91067AF250B8F6 - Taken by Madn. 2 entrants total.
Garshasp The Monster Slayer -- MB-3F5F345EB6848655 - Taken by Knurek. 4 entrants total.
Game of Thrones A Telltale Games Series (Telltale Key!!!) -- MB-76217D535C32BEA4 - Taken by Cth. 11 entrants total.
Rise of the Triad (2013) -- MB-CEFB455A37211A20 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 7 entrants total.

AR-K -- MB-BF10CEC5B3982D80 - Taken by Aleskar. 4 entrants total.

t1445021301z1.png

Dr Dogg

Well Steam Controller certainly does what I expected a little bit more. Makes Mass Effect 3 handled better for me that either a controller did on 360 or what kb&m does on OC, even Dark Souls II has a sort of best of both worlds touch about it as you can whip the camera round from direction to direction really fast as well as having every button you'd want combat wise right under your finger tips. Bulletstorm and Titanfall are two other great examples where having a fast camera and not have to move your fingers to have access to the core controls feel really good. Got something decent set up for Diablo III but can feel me tinkering this away to death before I'm happy but certainly very serviceable though not as efficient as I'd like (I'd imagine MMO's would have the same nonstop tinkering obsession).

Also is it opposite day? EA: HD Remakes Happen ‘When You’ve Run Out of Ideas’. I'm actually agreeing with something Peter Moore says? *shudder*

Well Steam Controller certainly does what I expected a little bit more. Makes Mass Effect 3 handled better for me that either a controller did on 360 or what kb&m does on OC, even Dark Souls II has a sort of best of both worlds touch about it as you can whip the camera round from direction to direction really fast as well as having every button you'd want combat wise right under your finger tips. Bulletstorm and Titanfall are two other great examples where having a fast camera and not have to move your fingers to have access to the core controls feel really good. Got something decent set up for Diablo III but can feel me tinkering this away to death before I'm happy but certainly very serviceable though not as efficient as I'd like (I'd imagine MMO's would have the same nonstop tinkering obsession).

Also is it opposite day? EA: HD Remakes Happen ‘When You’ve Run Out of Ideas’. I'm actually agreeing with something Peter Moore says? *shudder*
Dont feel bad, every dog has its day and today happens to bet that day for peter. I fully agree with him too, but really he shouldnt be saying that since all they do are sequels.

Yeah but when was the last time EA released something that isn't sequel/prequel? For me that means lack of ideas, remakes are quick money.

To be fair when they took a chance and tried to make original IP nobody bloody bought them. They make sequels because they are safe. Not saying I agree with it but there's a reason.

APB – Realtime Worlds
Brütal Legend – Double Fine Productions
Bulletstorm – Epic Games
Crysis series – Crytek
DeathSpank – Hothead Games
Fuse – Insomniac Games[62]
Hellgate: London – Flagship Studios
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – 38 Studios, Big Huge Games
Rock Band series – Harmonix and MTV Games
The Secret World – Funcom[63]
Shadows of the Damned – Grasshopper Manufacture
Shank – Klei Entertainment
Syndicate – Starbreeze Studios
Titanfall – Respawn Entertainment
Warp – Trapdoor

EA Partners games. You can see why they don't take chances anymore, almost all of these sold poorly or were completely forgotten about even though a lot of them are great games.

dex3108

To be fair when they took a chance and tried to make original IP nobody bloody bought them. They make sequels because they are safe. Not saying I agree with it but there's a reason.

I can understand that there is too much remasters/remakes and that is not an issue. And I can understand that sequels are safer than new IP but to be honest their new IPs were bad that is why they were accepted poorly. But he really shouldn't talk about lack of ideas.

Red Hood

Banned
Is the Deus Ex Revision mod worth it? I wanted to download it but then I read it adds quite a bit of its own, which defeats the whole purpose of a (visual) mod for me. Unless it was never meant to be a visual mod in the first place.

I can understand that there is too much remasters/remakes and that is not an issue. And I can understand that sequels are safer than new IP but to be honest their new IPs were bad that is why they were accepted poorly. But he really shouldn't talk about lack of ideas.

IMO they had as many cool games as bad ones and most of the bad ones had neat ideas that weren't pulled off well. Either way they sold poorly, so now they take less chances. Mirror's Edge 2 is still quite a risk and definitely something worth looking at. At least they aren't just rereleasing old games like every other pub.

Dr Dogg

Well I'll agree it's a bit rich coming from EA who primarily make their money from franchises that are irritative rather than evolutionary but as much as people want to rag on them for only releasing incremental updates for their sports titles since the very early 90's onwards they're still pulling in the punters every year. But then again so are all these pubs making rehashes as peeps are happily gobbling them up despite probably already owning the game once already at least. Both are cheap to produce and have potential for high ROI if you don't muck them up (heya NBA Live and wonky 'remasters').

dex3108

IMO they had as many cool games as bad ones and most of the bad ones had neat ideas that weren't pulled off well. Either way they sold poorly, so now they take less chances. Mirror's Edge 2 is still quite a risk and definitely something worth looking at. At least they aren't just rereleasing old games like every other pub.

From what I remember they made only Mirrors Edge, Army of Two, Spore and Fuse in last couple of years and only Mirrors Edge was decent one. And Dragon Age is onl newy IP that was successful for them.

Khilandros

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/mugen-souls-to-be-released-on-the-22nd-october

"Mugen Souls will be released on PC via Steam on the 22nd October, priced at just $19.99 with a stunning 40% launch discount."

"The week after launch, on the 29th October, we will be releasing the console DLC, which will again have a mighty 40% launch discount in addition to some substantial savings over the console release. In addition to this we will also be including a massive 30 items of DLC* from the console version as part of the base game for free."

I won't be home for a while but does anyone know an easy game plan for fixing my computer?

Get a "a disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl+alt+del to restart" and when I unplug the drive that's been having issues it switches to ""reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" but that's not my OS drive. Given that I imagine my OS drive has failed so what is the best process for reinstalling windows? That drive must be toast so I don't want to install it on there. Should I transfer everything on my 1 TB ssd to an external hard drive and then reinstall windows using a recovery disk to it, erasing everything, and then move the transferred files back over?

Also, Dead Space 3 is
great and the second game already abandoned all pretense of horror.

gelf

I was wondering, do you people understand that "anime hate" is still xenophobia at its core, even if it's not named as such because it isn't truly harmful, but that's what it is.
Overly sexualization can be a legit complain if you are a prude, true and it can be pretty disgusting even if you are not, but aside from that... it's xenophobia. Not that xenophobia is rare but it's rather amazing that people seem to be proud of it or freely admit it on daily basis.
just saying
How it xenophobic? It's just not liking a certain art direction and/or story focus. I fucking love a lot of Japanese games its just that very few of those games look overly anime.

Am I anti American/Western too for not liking the standard fantasy eleves and orcs stuff too?

From what I remember they made only Mirrors Edge, Army of Two, Spore and Fuse in last couple of years and only Mirrors Edge was decent one. And Dragon Age is onl newy IP that was successful for them.

APB – Realtime Worlds
Brütal Legend – Double Fine Productions
Bulletstorm – Epic Games
Crysis series – Crytek
DeathSpank – Hothead Games
Fuse – Insomniac Games[62]
Hellgate: London – Flagship Studios
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – 38 Studios, Big Huge Games
Rock Band series – Harmonix and MTV Games
The Secret World – Funcom[63]
Shadows of the Damned – Grasshopper Manufacture
Shank – Klei Entertainment
Syndicate – Starbreeze Studios
Titanfall – Respawn Entertainment
Warp – Trapdoor
They also published these under EA partners. Most of which were fairly risky (Shadows of the Damned like wtf) but a lot of them were good and sold poorly.

dex3108

They also published these under EA partners. Most of which were fairly risky (Shadows of the Damned like wtf) but a lot of them were good and sold poorly.

I ment games that EA made because they can control that. But even from that list most of these games are not good.

Khronico

The Crew mystery continues...

Just tested the beta for the new expansion Wild Run (which overhauls the base game graphics and stuff) and... unless the freezing issue runs on a different, longer interval in which it decides to show up, I think they fixed it? So odd.

I ment games that EA made because they can control that. But even from that list most of these games are not good.

I disagree. I think most of the games I quoted were good to great but obviously we have a difference of opinion. Point is, EA have taken chances and failed - whether the games are good are not they are obviously done with that. Even Titanfall just fell off the map completely but that's probably because of their stupid marketing. "HAVE YOU SEEN TITANFALL?!"

↓ That too

^Also being a full priced multiplayer game with lackluster community features that couldn't keep players around

NFS popularity in decline, BF suffered from rough launches, Sim City and The Sims ran into the ground, Dragon Age is commercially successful but it's dead to me.
But didn't DS2 began shifting towards more action instead of horror?
Eh, I'd say the combat control is improved from the first game, it's still scary.

Uzzy

Dragon Age wasn't an EA IP at first. And it shows too. Dragon Age: Origins is a fantastic RPG, while 2 and Inquisition are just nails in the coffin of a once great developer.

Perhaps I'm not being fair though. I mean, I'd sooner burn my pc and quit gaming than install Origin.

Eh, I'd say the combat control is improved from the first game, it's still scary.

DS2 on hardcore is one of the most tense things I've ever experienced.

--

Somewhere, at some point, I saw a website that would let you convert a GOG key for TW3: Hearts of Stone to a Steam key (or a key on a 3rd service that I don't remember).

(1) I can no longer find the URL... anyone know?
(2) Does it work with all GOG keys or only GOG keys from physical editions?
And most importantly:
(3) Is there a similar URL for conversion of an expansion pass key from GOG to Steam if the answer to (2) is yes?

Hektor

How it xenophobic? It's just not liking a certain art direction and/or story focus. I fucking love a lot of Japanese games its just that very few of those games look overly anime.

Am I anti American/Western too for not liking the standard fantasy eleves and orcs stuff too?

But "Anime" describes neither an art direction nor a Story focus.

I have to agree with him, tho i got to say, EA definitely isnt the first Pub that comes to my mind when thinking of New and original games.

EA made Dead Space a franchise then killed it within the same generation.

DS released 2008, DS3 released 2013, one could say that they only needed half the generation to accomplish that.

Somewhere, at some point, I saw a website that would let you convert a GOG key for TW3: Hearts of Stone to a Steam key (or a key on a 3rd service that I don't remember).

(1) I can no longer find the URL... anyone know?
(2) Does it work with all GOG keys or only GOG keys from physical editions?
And most importantly:
(3) Is there a similar URL for conversion of an expansion pass key from GOG to Steam if the answer to (2) is yes?
That sounds like a phishing site.

The game, which cost about $81 million to develop [...]
Wow, that is a load of money. They made a shit ton more back, so good for them the investment paid off. Really crazy when I think about the first game. Some aspects impressive but it never felt triple-a. Very nice to see how the studio evolved.
Earth Defense Force 2 & Earth Defense Force 4.1 are also coming? Totally missed those yesterday. Awesome.

gelf

But "Anime" describes neither an art direction nor a Story focus.
I'm open to hearing how we should describe the tropes that turn us off about this subset of games.

Whatever it is its not xenophobic to not be into it as I was responding to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom