• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khilandros

Lots of games. May as well say bye to us now. You've disappointed plenty by not listing LiS Episode 5 on the 20th, though, JUST SAYING. You should buy that, too. Your wallet will recover eventually.

Supposed to snow tomorrow, too. It was good while it lasted, eh? :")

oh damn, knew I forgot something to add to my list...working on that now.

Snow already?? oh man, guess I should go out later and pick all my herbs for storage before a frost hits. Curse this evil time of the year.

FloatOn

How it xenophobic? It's just not liking a certain art direction and/or story focus. I fucking love a lot of Japanese games its just that very few of those games look overly anime.

Am I anti American/Western too for not liking the standard fantasy eleves and orcs stuff too?

yes. thank you

I've been slightly annoyed all day for being called xenophobic over having a particular taste in games.

Phawx

or you are missing said forest for the trees?
or maybe aren't looking into it deep enough? It goes both ways, you know

OK, now I'm really done, relax, steamgaf

Yes. Did you read the part of the sentence of mine that begins with ironically? :)

derExperte

I was trying to get mad but then realized I'd rather be called a xenophobe than an anime fan. Am I a monster?

See the difference of not liking something and disliking or hating it to the point of phobia?

I always thought zkylon's spider hate is just deeply buried racism.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 30 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nandeyanen The 1st Sutra -- MB-8BC68B5A9DB2FAC6 - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.
Deja Vu II MacVenture Series Steam Key -- MB-0C78AAD827205BCA - Taken by Teppic. 2 entrants total.
Trace Vector -- MB-043E3F9A725DE1C8 - Taken by tylergregg. 8 entrants total.
Porradaria Upgrade -- MB-D14E4752F131385E - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 1 entrants total.
Showtime! -- MB-E53C2F879502E7BD - Taken by septicore. 4 entrants total.
Squarelands -- MB-8293492E7D0FA253 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition The Director's Cut -- MB-0E4E7655823CFBB6 - Taken by aw350. 11 entrants total.
HassleHeart -- MB-47C6CCEE7923FDDA - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Uninvited MacVenture Series Steam Key -- MB-0CD82995F77A9117 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
Velocibox -- MB-E24EB04F0B8927D3 - Taken by Ben652. 5 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess Lilith Pack -- MB-99E89F5C34CA591C - Taken by AsylumX. 3 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess Hilda Rize Pack -- MB-E5704C8F6F055BAB - Taken by Gez. 2 entrants total.
Braveland -- MB-D28877D33DCE62D1 - Taken by Loptous. 5 entrants total.
Shan Gui -- MB-F2916A0107D3B17F - Taken by KainXVIII. 6 entrants total.
Doctor Who The Adventure Games -- MB-52C008ADF71FA35D - Taken by Stronghammer22. 6 entrants total.
Stay Dead Evolution -- MB-FB6FE922525F24AD - Taken by Kifimbo. 6 entrants total.
Diadra Empty -- MB-9820989B02B019D5 - Taken by XDDX. 7 entrants total.
Doodle God -- MB-674FA882DFCA784D - Taken by Vuze. 6 entrants total.
Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale Key!!!) -- MB-EAB9308B2AEB1A5D - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 7 entrants total.
Riddled Corpses -- MB-C63ABD681B9F4D8D - Taken by NingenJanai. 5 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo -- MB-358D7E55A42FF870 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Abducted -- MB-CD9A1D2CB5D8BF98 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 5 entrants total.
Jurassic Park The Game (Telltale Key!!!) -- MB-4176196C48D4348B - Taken by Xanathus. 7 entrants total.
Paranormal State Poison Spring -- MB-C4772056591354EB - Taken by xGreg. 3 entrants total.
Stranded In Time -- MB-622559A43000ACDC - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-3B91067AF250B8F6 - Taken by Madn. 2 entrants total.
Garshasp The Monster Slayer -- MB-3F5F345EB6848655 - Taken by Knurek. 4 entrants total.
Game of Thrones A Telltale Games Series (Telltale Key!!!) -- MB-76217D535C32BEA4 - Taken by Cth. 11 entrants total.
Rise of the Triad (2013) -- MB-CEFB455A37211A20 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 7 entrants total.
AR-K -- MB-BF10CEC5B3982D80 - Taken by Aleskar. 4 entrants total.

t1445021301z1.png

FloatOn

and for the record I don't think I labored the point of hating anime. I said "typically" in that there are exceptions.

I was asking with an open mind whether or not you think I'd like zestria if I typically dislike anime inspired jrpg. I then went on to clarify which jrpgs I have liked in the past.

so yeah

I was trying to get mad but then realized I'd rather be called a xenophobe than an anime fan. Am I a monster?

lol9

Phawx

This is quality comedy.

Also real talk: there are people that throw the word misogyny around much like Arthea throws the word xenophobic around.

Taking a step back and examining these parallels is interesting.

zkylon

zkylewd
this weeks was pretty brotastic

i have no idea what this means

I always thought zkylon's spider hate is just deeply buried racism.
i don't hate spiders, i just fear them. i'd be fine by me if they just lived in happiness eating flies and making webs and crap. just in very far away from me place where they can't get out from and no one can get to

which i've named terror island

Why haven't you already? Kickass episode!
massive blackout in my city, so i've been just freezing at candlelight for the past couple of days

power (i guess you call it power in english?) came back yesterday (tho apparently it won't last) and just watched league worlds. will probably try to catch the episode tonight if it's not super dark again

it's kind of weird to see the city on a full on blackout, generally it's just my building, but seeing like blocks and blocks of darkness is pretty cool. and kind of scary

i have no idea what this means

i don't hate spiders, i just fear them. i'd be fine by me if they just lived in happiness eating flies and making webs and crap. just in very far away from me place where they can't get out from and no one can get to

which i've named terror island

massive blackout in my city, so i've been just freezing at candlelight for the past couple of days

power (i guess you call it power in english?) came back yesterday (tho apparently it won't last) and just watched league worlds. will probably try to catch the episode tonight if it's not super dark again

it's kind of weird to see the city on a full on blackout, generally it's just my building, but seeing like blocks and blocks of darkness is pretty cool. and kind of scary

hey that name is not fair to australians

Khronico

The Crew Mysterious Boogaloo Part Whatever

Now I can't seem to replicate the freezing bug, either it's fixed by me changing the game from fullscreen to borderless windowed, or it's just completely unpredictable. I DID discover another random weird bug though: alt-tabbing while in borderless windowed will sometimes cause the game to just silently crash and exit in the background.

I feel like I've spent more time QA testing this game than I have playing it.

zkylon

zkylewd
you will when you watch
ohh

i bet i'm gonna enjoy it

i always enjoy it

hey that name is not fair to australians
i don't mean australia -___-

look i'll pm u my therapist's phone number

she'll tell u all about it

DerExperte was joking.

IEY3cCF.png
well u know just clearing up misconceptions

i think spiders are kind of cool, if i didn't have a crippling fear of spiders i'd probably really like drawing them

Shadownet

Banned
i don't mean australia -___-
look i'll pm u my therapist's phone number
she'll tell u all about it
So only spiders scares you? What about things slightly resembles spiders. Like last night I was playing Killer Is Dead, Chapter 3 has a monster that looks like a spider/worm thing.

Messiah

OH, my bad. I didn't know that's how it was working. I also forgot to ask what continent this is taking place in.

Most of the players are from the United States I think. I'll have to see if I will be able to play with you guys as I am from europe. It works decently against Leaf though so here's hoping.

Hektor

€: Nvm that, i should factcheck before correcting others. :X

I'm open to hearing how we should describe the tropes that turn us off about this subset of games.

Whatever it is its not xenophobic to not be into it as I was responding to.

I have no better word for it, but Anime can depict a broad variety of Styles and Storys, generalizing it with a few tropes is just unfair imho.

You're right about the xenostuff tho.

Most of the players are from the United States I think. I'll have to see if I will be able to play with you guys as I am from europe. It works decently against Leaf though so here's hoping.

Eastern Europe* :p

zkylon

zkylewd
So only spiders scares you? What about things slightly resembles spiders. Like last night I was playing Killer Is Dead, Chapter 3 has a monster that looks like a spider/worm thing.
it's a case by case thing, but essentially most insects scare me

some other animals/creatures too

Warhammer 40,000 Deathwatch that came out today seems interesting enough (not almost $25 interesting though)...if Nuuvem adds it for cheap or it has a sale down the road I may pick it up

Nearly 2/3rds of the way through Ori and The Blind Forrest. It's been such an enjoyable experience. The save system and so many of the spike-filled corridor platforming sections remind me of They Bleed Pixels. A kinder, gentler one.

I know Vermintide is a FPS

what's deathwatch?

Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch - Enhanced Edition

Command the ultimate team of elite Space Marines.

Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch is a turn-based strategy game, set on the edge of Imperial space, where your Space Marines will take on the Tyranids in a series of tactical engagements. From war ravaged cities, to the insides of Tyranid bio-ships, the missions will see your Kill Team rise in strength and skill as you face ever greater threats and peril.

ENHANCED EDITION: The Enhanced Edition of Deathwatch is a remastered and upgraded release specifically for PC players.
High quality graphics powered by Unreal Engine 4
All missions remastered with dynamic lighting and special effects
Brand new Space Marines from the Dark Angels, Imperial Fists and Black Templar chapters
Fully re-designed, intuitive UI and customisable controls for keyboard and mouse

FIGHT: Embark on a journey to save the sector from the alien threat. Smash the alien threat in a bespoke campaign against the Tyranids.

COLLECT: Collect unique Deathwatch Space Marines. Customise them with a huge assortment of different weapons and wargear.

LEVEL UP: Gain experience points on missions and spend them on your Space Marines to unlock powerful skills and abilities.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I know this has nothing to do with steam but when I came here I thought it was a lot more strict and getting banned for arbitrary reasons.

But here where TB is heavily disliked he got a thread but on both reddit/r/games and gaming all posts about him (Even not about cancer) seems to get instantly removed. The modding teams there seems to have gone overboard.

zkylon

zkylewd
I know this has nothing to do with steam but when I came here I thought it was a lot more strict and getting banned for arbitrary reasons.

But here where TB is heavily disliked he got a thread but on both reddit/r/games and gaming all posts about him (Even not about cancer) seems to get instantly removed. The modding teams there seems to have gone overboard.

neogaf isn't perfect but it's better than reddit

anything is better than reddit

source: avid /r/leagueoflegends and /r/leaguefanart lurker

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm talking with a guy using it right now (the steam controller) he says it's pretty acurate and he got used to using the trackpads really quick, he dislikes the haptic feedback though. He said something about it just feeling wrong.

tmarg

reddit is a bit different in that they have to come up with vaguely democratic posting rules.

Neogaf has the benefit of being owned by one person who can unilaterally ban anyone who starts posting GG shit or whatever.

Ruruja

Those Steam Controller impressions are really tempting me. It's sounding like one of the most versatile PC peripherals every released.

I didn't realise that it had flappy paddles on the back. That was the main feature I was interested in with that Xbox One Elite controller, so it's nice to see it on a much cheaper controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom