• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

gotta go fast

CS15Server_.png

Ludens

Banned
1) the people in that thread completely missed the Hide DS4 option (it's an old thread from February). I guess no one bothered to point it out.
2) Hide DS4 has been broken in Windows 10 since launch. If you're using Inputmapper, you need to use one of the workarounds (batch file for instance). If you're using DS4Windows you need to just click that connect button before hand.

Some people in InputMapper forum say the Win 10 Hide DS4 bug has been fixed in Windows Insider Build 10532, but no hint when Microsoft will release it.
On DS4Win if I click that button I just receive an error about a bat file.
Frost helped me on fixing it by using a batch file, but I really hope Microsoft will release the updated build soon. Asking for official drivers by Sony is not a thing, right?

Knurek

Gee, CDPR, thanks for adding those giant spider enemies to Witcher 3 xpac.
Just what I needed for my narcolepsy problems. Now I will never sleep again.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can anyone copy/paste or summarize or screenshot the latest KS updates for:
- La-Mulana 2
- Shiness

I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Copons

Nah, fried green peppers are the bestest.

fried-green-peppers.jpg

WAT!

I've got so many questions about those, like... are they a thing outside Italy some areas in Southern Italy?
I mean, it's so hard to find someone from our north knowing them, but finding a pic on a worldwide forum is astounding!

And what is the white powder thingy on top? Salt? Breadcrumbs? Panko?
I just fry them as they are, and I'm fucking great at it, but I'd be totally up for some new recipe to try!

Chariot

And yet, Payday 2 is still "Very Positive" with 84% positive reviews. The mass downvoting didn't even make a dent.
We're talking 146,000 reviews overall here. What was it before? It's a downwards trend and when people scroll down to look at the reviews they will see negative reviews plastered all over the place.

WAT!

I've got so many questions about those, like... are they a thing outside Italy some areas in Southern Italy?
I mean, it's so hard to find someone from our north knowing them, but finding a pic on a worldwide forum is astounding!

I just fry them as they are, and I'm fucking great at it, but I'd be totally up for some new recipe to try!
In fact those are typical from Spain. "Pimientos del Padron" ( some are hot and some are non ), when you eat then some are really spicy and hot and others are sweet.
And yes, it's salt on top :)

Parsnip

Can anyone copy/paste or summarize or screenshot the latest KS updates for:
- La-Mulana 2

I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
Here's La-Mulana 2.

Now and Future
Oct 15 2015

4n9us5e.jpg

We were completely exhausted from 3 months of consecutive exhibitions and couldn't give you any updates, sorry about that. Now we're slowly getting back to normal.

So, even though La-Mulana2 is still in development, we cannot just ignore our PR; that's why we were so busy in those events. However, at the same time we need to fix the playable version to make it really playable. Since we fixed and implemented new features in a haste, those parts cannot be called perfect but rather rough.

We haven't decided about the upcoming schedule yet, but it is certain that we won't have any game event until next March. (Those wise La-Mulana fans may have already noticed that, but we are not saying aloud about the original completion date of "end of 2015"!) We are using this opportunity to fix and revise aforementioned "rough" parts with valuable feedback we got during the events.

The attached image is the new field we prepared to exhibit in the Tokyo Game Show, but due to some issues, we decided not to use. To be honest, the newest Unity version is creating some problems in our build, and we cannot test properly to improve our new lighting setups. The reason we released the latest alpha version is to let the users see our development, so it is meaningless to keep sharing the slow version. We will try our best to stabilize our development environment, and implement anything necessary to elaborate on maps or other data. In short, please wait a little more until the next alpha version so that we can share with you the light-footed Lumisa moving around the new maps with new system.

By the way, I was so surprised to see the user who said "Please don't make me play LA-MULANA 2 cuz I just wanna see the complete version!" I'm just so happy to see LA-MULANA being loved so much.

Copons

In fact those are typical from Spain. "Pimientos del Padron" ( some are hot and some are non ), when you eat then some are really spicy and hot and others are sweet.
And yes, it's salt on top :)

Ah, Spain! So maybe that's the origin here too, considering the Spanish domination of Naples back in the days.
Also, here we use sweet peppers, as hot ones are much harder to find.
Now I'm gonna crave them until next spring. :'(

I'm not in love with microtransactions, nor do I like the idea of them in PAYDAY 2. While I like the idea of weapon skins and I like the idea of having them be another way to customize weapon stats, I do not like the idea of having to buy PAYDAY 2 keys to open "crates" to get them.

Are people mad because they were added, or are people mad because they actually change weapon stats? Are CS:GO skins/TF2 items purely cosmetic or do they have the same model that PAYDAY 2 is introducing? If CS:GO/TF2 do the same thing, is there no backlash because "Valve"?

Chariot

I'm not in love with microtransactions, nor do I like the idea of them in PAYDAY 2.

Are people mad because they were added, or are people mad because they actually change weapon stats? Are CS:GO skins/TF2 items purely cosmetic or do they have the same model that PAYDAY 2 is introducing? If CS:GO/TF2 do the same thing, is there no backlash because "Valve"?
Mad about everything of the above. The microtransactions are really bad because the devs promised, they promised us that they won't do microtransactions. As someone who is never wrong and always remembers correctly, this is double hurtful.

Deques

I'm not in love with microtransactions, nor do I like the idea of them in PAYDAY 2.

One of the biggest reason is that they nerfed a lot of the weapons, and introduced stats boosting skins that marginally does anything

Sajjaja

I'm not in love with microtransactions, nor do I like the idea of them in PAYDAY 2. While I like the idea of weapon skins and I like the idea of having them be another way to customize weapon stats, I do not like the idea of having to buy PAYDAY 2 keys to open "crates" to get them.

CSGO skins are purely cosmetic.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
One of the biggest reason is that they nerfed a lot of the weapons, and introduced stats boosting skins that marginally does anything

Not only nerfed a lot of weapons, but heavily boosted others. There are pistols that out-DPS assault rifles currently, with better ammo return rate and higher pool of ammo to begin with. Much of the game's balance has been hastily switched up with very little rhyme or reason. They also removed movement penalties for the LMG class weapons. If one uses the kit to reduce the "weight" of the minigun, you can run faster than a charging cloaker when you wear a suit and sprint with the gun out.

Khronico

Also the new weapon rebalance they did alongside the microtransactions update is kinda borked. Shotguns where untouched so now they're trash since most weapons can outdamage them, accuracy is screwed up on a lot of weapons, etc

It's just an all round hot mess.

Edit: I've also seen pictures floating around where certain gun skins can increase certain weapon's accuracy by as much as 20%, so it's a huge difference if you get them.

WAT!

We have something somewhat similar in Mexican culture where we gut the peppers, put cheese in it, bread it, and then pan fry the shit out of it.

Edit: yeah all that payday 2 stuff is kinda annoying only because theyre nerfing weapons so the skins can be effective (at least thats what i interpreted out of previous posts. Give me the drill if wrong)

rtcn63

"The inhabitants of the stump(okapow) appear to have an interest in adornment. Why not let them be happy, and revel as babes?"

If only the game was 60fps. Or a steady 30fps. Or not so dark.

Chariot

To understand this you need to remember that PayDay 2 was already pretty grindy with it's random drops of stuff. With heavy nerfs the whole build you invested a lot in can suddenly be worthless. Some Shotguns are now apparently weaker than hitting people with a bundle of cash. Furthermore they promised to never put microtransactions into the game and now they suddenly reveal it when they announced something free for the players?

Remember when you were a kid and was waiting for Santa to bring you presents and then, when you open it, the present box is not only empty, Santa is suddenly slapping you with his dick. It's just like that Christmas fourteen years ago.

And no, the microtransactiosn aren't just skins. It's betrayal. It's Santa's betrayal all over again.

pahamrick

To understand this you need to remember that PayDay 2 was already pretty grindy with it's random drops of stuff. With heavy nerfs the whole build you invested a lot in can suddenly be worthless. Some Shotguns are now apparently weaker than hitting people with a bundle of cash. Furthermore they promised to never put microtransactions into the game and now they suddenly reveal it when they announced something free for the players?

Remember when you were a kid and was waiting for Santa to bring you presents and then, when you open it, the present box is not only empty, Santa is suddenly slapping you with his dick. It's just like that Christmas fourteen years ago.

And no, the microtransactiosn aren't just skins. It's betrayal. It's Santa's betrayal all over again.

Well, that escalated quickly.

tmarg

You had a strange childhood.

Grief.exe

CSGO's drops are purely cosmetic, completely irrelevant to the actual game.

TF2's drops actually add little abilities to your character that fundamentally change play style. For example, there might be a gun that allows you to move faster and jump higher, but drops your health and damage significantly. It ends up working out as you are still perfectly competitive with the default weapons.

With the new additions and whatnot, I decided to give Star Citizen a new try. The social thingie hub looks really nice. Great futuristic atmosphere. Visual settings are beyond barebones to my utmost surprise. Incredibly no more than resolution and choosing from "Low" to "Very High". Embarassing from a game touting its visual prowess so much. Yeah, yeah game is not finished, I know but it's nonetheless subpar to not have any more settings. Thus game runs inconsistent in performance.

Anyway, I actually liked strolling around the hangar base, going in shops etc. Shame for now there's zero-zilch to do. After that I went into Arena Commander Flight Tutorial. Pretty good until Combat Tutorial. The reticule plain vanished after first failed attempt, making it impossible to go after the drone. I did lock on it ("C" key) but following it or even seeing it is disgustingly non-fun. Frustrating and laggy movement. Pack in glitches, button presses sometimes not registering and you have a gorgeous looking something which makes you only frustrated and angry. For fuck! I want to love and have fun playing the game but the movement, fucking laggy controls and awful, AWFUL incompetent UI regards following enemies drives me mad! Gave it a solid 1-2 hours just at the same spot, trying to adapt to dogfights. Fuck I hate how angry it makes me how choppy firstperson and dogfighting feels. Make it more direct Roberts!

Yada yada game looks good apart awful AA. Gonna post some WebMs once I get back to PC.

Awful game feel. FUCKING AWFUL GAME FEEL. Aaaaaawwwwwfffffuuuuuullllll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom