• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
so mixed reactions on the steam controller it seems. no good for shooters or anything that requires good precision on the camera but good for other shit. shame, was really hoping that it would be able to replace my ds4 but realistically i wasn't expecting it. Its just you know, I thought that if i believed hard enough it would happen :( Idk if i should pick one up around the holidays or wait for the 2nd version.

Jawmuncher

so mixed reactions on the steam controller it seems. no good for shooters or anything that requires good precision on the camera but good for other shit. shame, was really hoping that it would be able to replace my ds4 but realistically i wasn't expecting it. Its just you know, I thought that if i believed hard enough it would happen :( Idk if i should pick one up around the holidays or wait for the 2nd version.

Like other Steam ideas, better to just wait on the community to fix it.
There was no way it was going to be a worthy replacement for FPS games. However the ideas for it and old games to me is where the potential fully lies.

Uzzy

I've played every AC game since AC3. There is 2 patches for day 1, frame rate is good, very stable unlike Unity. Visuals not that impressive (playing on ps4) though the pop-ins are not as bad as Unity.
The parkour feels clunky, AI is still stupid (I killed an enemy with the gun, and another enemy literally around the corner like 5 metres away didnt hear it and just stood there).
I like the new finishing moves you can do to finish off an enemy, but the combat itself isnt smooth and also looks clunky.
In this gif I jumped off the building into the hay, and the Queen's guards just jump off of the building and kill themselves lol
http://giant.gfycat.com/MixedDependentEskimodog.webm

AC Syndicate's looking amusing at least.

Like other Steam ideas, better to just wait on the community to fix it.
There was no way it was going to be a worthy replacement for FPS games. However the ideas for it and old games to me is where the potential fully lies.

i don't need it for competitive FPS cause as anyone who has me on steam knows that I mainly just play single player games, very rarely do i dabble in some online action, i just need it to be a decent alternative.

Jawmuncher

i don't need it for competitive FPS cause as anyone who has me on steam knows that I mainly just play single player games, very rarely do i dabble in some online action, i just need it to be a decent alternative.

Controllers are a decent alternative already personally.

I wish gamestop had a steam machine along with the controller set out to try :( im leaning towards not getting it and just keep doing what im doing which ks ds4 & M+K

Lord Gaben has blessed me with a Juggernaut foil from Gabe Newell Simulator.

Still not going to play the game.

But the "PC Master Race" badge looks awfully nice.

Jawmuncher

Gone Home Spoilers

My biggest complaint about the game is the whole military thing. There was absolutely no reason for her to run away. Hell in most cases it would be pretty hard to even manage doing so. I know you can argue the era it takes place in but not really. Especially since if she had any clue, she could have come right back. I guess you can just chalk it up to dumb/young love. But I really don't like that excuse. Might be a case of just knowing too much, sort of like the people at nasa who can't enjoy the space films. But oh well. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

MUnited83

For you.
So, anyone want to get on the 40$ Tales of Zestiria? My CS GO key trader finally has keys so I can hook people up with Zestiria at that price.

dot

Titan Souls is more like Shadow of the Colossus in the sense that there are only boss battles.

Just because it has souls in the title doesn't mean they're similar...

So I can't remember, what was the reception like for Arkham Knight? The actual game, not the cluster fuck of the launch.

I'm actually really enjoying myself with it. A bit too much in the way of 'codec conversations', but the story is pretty good so far. Quite dark. Not sure how much longer I have left, (STORY)
the Cloudburst just fired.

Good shit.

Titan Souls is more like Shadow of the Colossus in the sense that there are only boss battles.

Just because it has souls in the title doesn't mean they're similar...

But Titan Souls doesn't have any long riding sequences, boss climbing, or fur-clinging mechanics.

Jawmuncher

So I can't remember, what was the reception like for Arkham Knight? The actual game, not the cluster fuck of the launch.

I'm actually really enjoying myself with it. A bit too much in the way of 'codec conversations', but the story is pretty good so far. Quite dark. Not sure how much longer I have left, (STORY)
the Cloudburst just fired.

Good shit.

Pretty disappointing conclusion for the story, but it has it's moments.
So not all bad, but for the finale most expected more. The huge focus on batmobile didn't help.

Pretty disappointing conclusion for the story, but it has it's moments.
So not all bad, but for the finale most expected more. The huge focus on batmobile didn't help.

It was a lose-lose for the Batmobile for a lot of people. Everything about its design is about as good as it could've been, but it was always going to be used "too much" for certain people.

Jawmuncher

It was a lose-lose for the Batmobile for a lot of people. Everything about it's design is about as good as it could've been, but it was always going to be used "too much" for certain people.

I didn't mind it like some. But the whole tank battles they should have cooled off with.
That was my biggest hang up about it.

the fov in dead space is gross.
Oh indeed it is.
It was a lose-lose for the Batmobile for a lot of people. Everything about its design is about as good as it could've been, but it was always going to be used "too much" for certain people.
I'm one of those people, Gamespot's review was on point. Instead of being one of batman's many tools that he uses when it suits him, batmobile was in freaking everything!

Story has some cool moments, but it's very predictable IMO, Arkham Knight is wasted material.
Light years from now
But it's not a measuring unit for time!

Killed
Venom
on Assault Android Cactus, his fifth and sixth phase were annoying, fifth because too many targets to destroy with too many bullets on the screen that you need to destroy fast to the battery don't run out and the sixth phase because I still haven't figured how to avoid all the projectiles.

Gave Go!Go!Nippon a try just now. Already feel like I lost 10 IQ points.
This dude is beyond idiotic.
Bi9RZEM.jpg
There are some funny moments but I'm not sure if it was intended by devs.

Accoun

Man, I really wish Rock Band 4 or even Guitar Hero Live was on PC... I've been playing some Phase Shift buts it's just not the same man. :(

Well, there still is Guitar Hero 3 (and Aerosmith/World Tour, but they are pretty much whatever) at the very least. But yeah, would be nice to see Rock Band. ;_;

Well, there still is Guitar Hero 3 (and Aerosmith/World Tour, but they are pretty much whatever) at the very least. But yeah, would be nice to see Rock Band. ;_;

Yeah I toyed around with buying GHIII but Rock Band is the one I want the most. Hopefully Harmonix will change their minds but I doubt it.

Last I recall the issue was with the music licensing. Some sort of pain in the ass for doing a PC version.

Maybe they should ring up the Rocksmith duders because they seemed to have figured it out.

I also thought of emulation the PS2 or Wii versions of the Rock Band games if I can get it to work with all my instruments, I wonder how difficult it would be?

Jawmuncher

Maybe they should ring up the Rocksmith duders because they seemed to have figured it out.

Well you gotta remember Rock Band right now doesn't have major publisher backing now.
It's just mad catz helping them out. Though back when EA was helping them out, I think something could have been done, if they really wanted to.

Well you gotta remember Rock Band right now doesn't have major publisher backing now.
It's just mad catz helping them out. Though back when EA was helping them out, I think something could have been done, if they really wanted to.

Oh really, I thought it was EA still publishing. Well that makes more sense I suppose that they limit how many versions they put out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom