• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an fps mod? :eek:

I've also been meaning to go through this again since my first playthrough just consisted of me being mad because of how much it deviated from the "true max payne experience." Thankfully gaf convinced me of its own merits so I should really give it another shot (he he)
Nah, I just tilted the camera and it gltiched out and zoomed in way more than it normally does. I just find every tiny excuse to bring up Max Payne 3 that I can. Super old screenshot, I can now play that game at 120 FPS :D

1rf3ae4.gif

tumblr_mluxn9n9Wz1s66zsjo1_400.gif

There's a Broforce mod/trainer that was just released that allows you to play as any single bro through the entire campaign. Even ones that haven't been officially released yet.
I'm currently playing as "Brondle Fly" (from Cronenberg's The Fly), who spits acid, teleports as a special, and has a mullet and Robocop's face, and it's FUCKING AWESOME

The base game isn't nearly that much. You're looking at the deluxe version.

Fair point.

I think that saying that the game is receiving hate is kind of an overstatement, it's just not getting much exposure. Looking forward to seeing how Sword Coast Legends ends up, I wanted to play a new Forgotten Realms game and this might be the chance.

Not really, you can easily find the hate posts even on Neogaf threads.
Yeah, I even replayed NWN2 earlier this month in anticipation of SCL. I know it's not going as depth as NWN2, but I've been itching for more rtwp Forgotten Realms game. However, I'll not be playing this game at launch as I already have Zestiria. If Zestiria is bad I'll jump over to this asap.

Anyone doing an OT?

That's what I've been wondering as well.

Hey now, I've mentioned it several times. I'm hyped eventhough I fear it won't be the NWN I want. It's just 17 euroes:ish on Nuveem but you have to be or get help from someone local to buy it

It's 17 euros on Nuveem?
Oh but it's region locked, too bad. :(

It can. Its still a great game.

Idk can a GOTY be purely based on gameplay in today's day and age? If so, then sure MGSV is a magnificent candidate because I think that's all it had going for it. Well gameplay and a sweet ass David Bowie cover that is basically the theme song.

Bio infinite got goty. Keep that in mind.

I still need to get through that too. Is Bioshock 2 necessary? I think the only reason I really didn't like the first is because I immediately played it after going through SS2 for the first time

Hektor

Idk can a GOTY be purely based on gameplay in today's day and age? If so, then sure MGSV is a magnificent candidate because I think that's all it had going for it. Well gameplay and a sweet ass David Bowie cover that is basically the theme song.

Gameplay still trumps everything in my eyes. Its videogames after all. But yeah, nowadays its all about dem cinematic experiences so it'll probably be Until Dawn, especially with it beeing PS4 exclusive and all. At least its not from David Cage.

Uzzy

Gameplay still trumps everything in my eyes. Its videogames after all. But yeah, nowadays its all about dem cinematic experiences so it'll probably be Until Dawn, especially with it beeing PS4 exclusive and all. At least its not from David Cage.

Only SteamGAF GOTY counts, and Until Dawn will have a hard time winning that!

Yeah, only thing it has going for itself is the superb, best-in-class gameplay, vast amounts of content, multiple modes to play and excellent production values.

I still need to try the multiplayer. The only MGO I ever played was Subsistence. By the time I got my own ps3, MGS4's MGO was already down :(

Gameplay still trumps everything in my eyes. Its videogames after all.

I can dig this. I still love me some videogame ass videogames. I think a big reason why Im so salty about MGSV is because of the ending and how disappointing it can be for long-time fans of the series

zkylon

zkylewd
so, lost planet 3 suddenly decided to become a super linear corridor shooter for like 2 hours. there was even cover shooting with spider aliens, wtf is going on

Pretty sure u can skip curscenes?
Are u playing on easy? Normal is doable but the game overall isnt that challenging.
you can't

and it's not "hard", it's just bullshitty sometimes because you get swarmed in tight corridors and melee is useless

I think its too divisive at GAF atm for MGSV to win GOTY

Its either Witcher or Fallout.
it's gonna be fallout

don't waste ur time thinking about it too much

Volimar

Considering Fallout will probably be one of the few 2015 games I'll have played by voting time, it'll probably be my pick, barring some hellish Arkham Knight style debacle.

Monooboe

I think its too divisive at GAF atm for MGSV to win GOTY

Its either Witcher or Fallout.

Oh right! Totally forgot about Fallout. Whao, that actually can beat Witcher 3 for me. What a nice problem to have, trying to decide which is better with such good games.

One could go and check how MGS4, the game that is the worst ever* faired in the the GOTY nominations

* actual NeoGAF quote

It won the GOTY twice

Tizoc

so, lost planet 3 suddenly decided to become a super linear corridor shooter for like 2 hours. there was even cover shooting with spider aliens, wtf is going on
It's going for that alien feel :p The point of that part of the game is that Jim is cut off from his allies and must survive through that station.

you can't

and it's not "hard", it's just bullshitty sometimes because you get swarmed in tight corridors and melee is useless
Could've sworn you can skip cutscenes but I might be mistaking it with another game ^^;
I will say that playing on Easy is better so enemies die faster that way

As I've said this game's combat is serviceable nothing grand or noteworthy about it, it's the other stuff that make it entertaining.

it's gonna be fallout

don't waste ur time thinking about it too much

Did Fallout 3 or NV make it to the top 10 in any of the lists?

aw350

Banned
8 more hour until that I think.

there's an Halloween sale coming up soon too, next week i think
but better wait for the big sale

Great. My body is ready, like they say. :)

---
On a different topic, I am slowly getting sucked into VNs. After finishing the short one on SC2, which I liked, I decided to try some other VN, but not one of those big names that everyone is talking about and rather something rated positively but not too widely discussed - just to gradually go into the genre and form my own opinions. Somehow I landed on Everlasting Summer. I imagine it is pretty niche, because the setting - a summer camp modeled after those in former USSR - mostly appeals to those from Russia / CIS (I am not even sure about the quality of the English translation, the moment I saw the setting, I set the language to Russian), and there is some innuendo - but I like it. I see why one playthrough is not enough, I started my second and I am kind of looking forward to playing it as many times as I can to see all the endings.

zkylon

zkylewd
lost planet just makes me want to play dead space, tbh

It's going for that alien feel :p The point of that part of the game is that Jim is cut off from his allies and must survive through that station.
it's just weird cos it drags on and on and on

it was cool at first, but after like an hour and a half i just wanted to do something else...

Could've sworn you can skip cutscenes but I might be mistaking it with another game ^^;
I will say that playing on Easy is better so enemies die faster that way
i'm playing it on normal, enemies and specially bosses are mega bulletsponges

i probably should've set it to easy but i get super bored when a game is trivial to beat

As I've said this game's combat is serviceable nothing grand or noteworthy about it, it's the other stuff that make it entertaining.
i think the story is interesting and the world they've created is interesting too, it's just a weird ass game that has a lot of stuff going on that doesn't mesh in the slightest

Did Fallout 3 or NV make it to the top 10 in any of the lists?
yes, as did skyrim

mgs5 is def a contender, but i think this has been a pretty modest year and fallout will just sweep everything

On a different topic, I am slowly getting sucked into VNs. After finishing the short one on SC2, which I liked, I decided to try some other VN, but not one of those big names that everyone is talking about and rather something rated positively but not too widely discussed - just to gradually go into the genre and form my own opinions..

Ever 17.

Not that widely discussed
nowadays

Tizoc

Ever17 and Remember11 were both done by some of the people who worked on Zero Escape right?
If the IP holder of those titles in Japan ever wanted to make a quick buck, they'd work to get it released on Steam and watch the money flow in :p

Anyways for those interested, Aurion KS is less than 2 days away from ending. It met its goal recently. It's an RPG game inspired by African themes and lore, consider backing it if you're interested in that
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/plugindigitallabel/aurion-legacy-of-the-kori-odan?ref=discovery

fertygo

Great. My body is ready, like they say. :)

---
On a different topic, I am slowly getting sucked into VNs. After finishing the short one on SC2, which I liked, I decided to try some other VN, but not one of those big names that everyone is talking about and rather something rated positively but not too widely discussed - just to gradually go into the genre and form my own opinions. Somehow I landed on Everlasting Summer. I imagine it is pretty niche, because the setting - a summer camp modeled after those in former USSR - mostly appeals to those from Russia / CIS (I am not even sure about the quality of the English translation, the moment I saw the setting, I set the language to Russian), and there is some innuendo - but I like it. I see why one playthrough is not enough, I started my second and I am kind of looking forward to playing it as many times as I can to see all the endings.

Fault Milestone and World End Economica title currently on last day of weeklong deal, might want to check them out.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're giving me visions of Red Faction Armageddon and Dead Space 3 right now.

So bad.
yeah, no idea about those, but this game definitely has the foundations for something great, it's a pity that nothing about it really ties together in a coherent way and it's kind of a mess with very little to praise it for.

i wouldn't say i hate it or anything, but it's absolutely mediocre and feels very much like a product of its time, feature creep in all its glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom