• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Curious what Steam's goty will be
Life is Strange and Ori are likely to be up there along with MGS5.
TF Devastation too I think.
Honestly LiS finale will make or break its chances for being GotY contender I feel.

aw350

Banned
Ever 17.

Not that widely discussed
nowadays

Good choice. Remember11 if you want something more obscure.
And sadly not entirely finished.

Fault Milestone and World End Economica title currently on last day of weeklong deal, might want to check them out.

Wow, thanks a lot for the recommendations.

I think I will get World End Economica right away.

Ever 17 and Remember 11 aren't on Steam, right? If so, that's a pity, but I will find a way...

Hektor

So you're saying it's going to be The Order?

Not even in my worst nightmares.

Everybody who likes it should feel bad for it and should giveaway a copy of zestiria to make up for his own misdeeds.

To link myself: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=181609566&postcount=94

Curious what Steam's goty will be
Life is Strange and Ori are likely to be up there along with MGS5.
TF Devastation too I think.
Honestly LiS finale will make or break its chances for being GotY contender I feel.

For me so far its between MGSV, Hand of Fate, Undertale and LiS, as long as Episode 5 doesnt disappoint.

impact

Banned
So you're saying it's going to be The Order?

well Journey won in 2012 and Mass Effect 2 in 2011 so I wouldn't count anything out.

but Bayonetta 2 won last year so maybe the overall taste is improving.
The again Dragon Age Inquisition got more points than Dark Souls 2 LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

KainXVIII

For me MGSV will be definitely GOTY (i don't have PS4 for Bloodborne and still not bought Witcher 3). Maybe DS2:SOTFS on second place..
PS - don't care about Bethesda's Fallout..

5acRp9C.png

gelf

I'd say it's close to a dead cert that MGSV is my Steam GOTY with Bloodborne winning the all systems vote. Sorry guys.

so I'm replaying dark souls
I get to the Taurus demon right
Motherfucker walks clean off the ledge two seconds later

Haha. Thats exactly what happened to me the very first time I got to him. I was part disappointed as I wanted to fight him and part relieved because I was still struggling to git gud at Souls.

Tizoc

Forgot about Witcher 3 @_@ Yeah that sucker's bound to be GotY on steam at least.
Y'all good taste when all is said and done really.

Tizoc

tumblr_nwenb4jNgL1uw4h4no1_500.gif

This'll get some use with the sales coming up :V

Autumn Sale is in 12 days right? *checks calendar*
It starts on the 29th or before?

Arthea

guys, The Royal Trap is good, maybe not 20€ good, but totally worth getting that HWB for it alone, unless you don't like otome games, that is.
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Writing could do with some polish, but other than that it is good.

edited:
my GOTY list is rather empty still, considering that I'm close to 70 games finished this year, I tend to choose poorly or so it would seem.

Hektor

Is Hands of Fate that good? I've looked at it a couple times, but never managed to pull the trigger.

Its a mixture of Roguelite*, RPG, Cardgame, Chose your own adventure and Arkham-Combat and its just as good as it sounds. The combat may takes some getting used to and can get a bit repetitive, but the rest is a blast as long as you keep unlocking new cards with new Events.

And its presentation is amazing. Too bad i cant find a good gif of him shuffling the cards, so you'll have to settle with this:

tumblr_inline_nopgxwMgX21sxxix8_540.gif

*Roguelite only means that the dungeons are kind of randomly generated, but this game has an actual ending and all.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Even if ep 5 of LiS is terrible it would still be my choice because of the subject matters it handles. But then I'm the type of gamer in which story is very important and gameplay can be second-rate, only of the story surpasses gameplay.

Arthea

Even if ep 5 of LiS is terrible it would still be my choice because of the subject matters it handles. But then I'm the type of gamer in which story is very important and gameplay can be second-rate, only of the story surpasses gameplay.

I should have played LiS instead of Undertale, but you guys with your spoilers totally convinced me to wait until hype goes down.

well, I told you so, even about December, you unbelievers

Its a mixture of Roguelite*, RPG, Cardgame, Chose your own adventure and Arkham-Combat and its just as good as it sounds. The combat may takes some getting used to and can get a bit repetitive, but the rest is a blast as long as you keep unlocking new cards with new Events.

And its presentation is amazing. Too bad i cant find a good gif of him shuffling the cards, so you'll have to settle with this:

tumblr_inline_nopgxwMgX21sxxix8_540.gif

*Roguelite only means that the dungeons are kind of randomly generated, but this game has an actual ending and all.

I want that game so bad.

Arthea

I hope they do a trilogy pack, I'd buy it when
it's 10€ or something

That can happen in your dreams only
They probably will do a bundle, and it probably will be discounted at some point during the winter sale ten years from now or so.

edited: and I don't mean HB, but a steam bundle

edit2: considering that Trails SC releases in November it's still kinda possible to finish it this year, so that will be steamgaf GOTY, surely

Ludens

Banned

Nice, I knew that, right after GMG announced their credit thing.
I hope SE won't fuck up with the price, the game can be found for like 13€ new on PS3/360, I expect something like 16€ with all DLCs except FFX ones.
EDIT: In fact
https://gamestop.it/Xbox360/Games/32378/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii

It's 13€ from years, lol.

Arthea

Double pack already exists, 15€

It's rather strange that PC gets such a nice treatment, I was looking to buy FF13 (PS3, as a present) a year ago or so for several months, it was 10€ even used and new was like 30€ everywhere and not many retailers had it in stock.

http://abload.de/img/tumblr_nw0kfnjqa31qa2i8sz8.gif[/IMG

It's an episodic game though, the hype is not like MGS hype, or any triple A game.[/QUOTE]

True, MGS hype is on the level of its own

[quote="PetriP-TNT, post: 182163008"]Lighting Returns or a -50% coupon will be on the Square Enix christmas pack, don't buy it before that.[/QUOTE]

they won't give -50% coupon for a FF released the same month, that never happened before and it won't be in Xmas pack, no FFs ever were

edited: I wonder have they tried to make a better port all this time. Ya, I know it's naive to hope for that.

Ludens

Banned
It's rather strange that PC gets such a nice treatment, I was looking to buy FF13 (PS3, as a present) a year ago or so for several months, it was 10€ even used and new was like 30€ everywhere and not many retailers had it in stock.

Here you can find it easily and it's 12€ for PS3 new, while XIII-2 is 9€ (new).

Are you sure that's not just some fanart?

Looks to me like they're just trying to get some marketing going while Walking Dead was trending last night.
I really, really hope it's marketing. But it IS Ubisoft.
Thanks!
And I came up with another OT | Neverwinter Origins: Dark Alliance. :D
Can I just post the OT right now or should I wait for confirmation?

It's not out for another ~36 hours. Gotta be within 24 hours of release.

Deques

they won't give -50% coupon for a FF released the same month, that never happened before and it won't be in Xmas pack, no FFs ever were

edited: I wonder have they tried to make a better port all this time. Ya, I know it's naive to hope for that.

But what other games does Square-Enix have left to bundle in Christmas pack?

Corpekata

Banned
I'm on the fence with Win10. How's Witcher 3 on it? Any games I should know that stopped working on it?

Witcher 3 is fine.

I've experienced issues with Akiba's Strip, Velocity 2x, and Dropsy. Akiba got a patch for it eventually.

Really there's not a ton of incentive to upgrade gaming wise yet, it'll just introduce issues with various games and it doesn't benefit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom