• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

su8k9.jpg

Chariot

Apparently Sekai Project is no longer the publisher for Winged Cloud (Sakura games). See this VNDB thread. Also, their statement on Patreon for why they dropped SP:

"We will just release them without sekai. From my personal feeling most of the people at sekai just disagree with our ecchi / hentai games. We where just feeling very awkward working with a company where a lot of people straight out dislike our games. Its really regrettable but they prefere more "serious" storys and many of them just dont like our games."

I think we can replace "more serious storys (sic)" with "actually good stories". :p
Sekai Project did it! Amazing! Need to bust a bottle tonight.

header.jpg

Participants:
1 - Deques
2 - NingenJanai
3 - ExoSoul
4 - thesaucetastic
5 -
6 -

I think it's maximum 6 players in a match

t1445626800z0.png

By now most of us should have it from the Alienware giveaways

Let's put it this way... I checked my calendar and I have to be somewhere about 30 minutes after you guys start.
So yeah, I could play 1 game, maybe, and still be on time; so unless you happen to be playing for awhile and are still active when I get home (probably about an 90 minutes after this starts at the latest), it looks like I can't make this one. :\

Uh this doesn't stop Sakura Games from happening at all though. That bottle is pretty worthless.

If more ratbird dating games are coming, there's no reason to stop Sakura games from happening.

Jawmuncher

Going back to winged cloud though it is a shame they can't put that art work to good use. Say what you will of its style it's better than a lot of other VN games which hit steam.

Let's put it this way... I checked my calendar and I have to be somewhere about 30 minutes after you guys start.
So yeah, I could play 1 game, maybe, and still be on time; so unless you happen to be playing for awhile and are still active when I get home (probably about an 90 minutes after this starts at the latest), it looks like I can't make this one. :\

You can play with me anytime.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Enter the Dragon Punch, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Tales of Zestiria failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1445397392z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Enter the Dragon Punch, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Enter the Dragon Punch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Tales of Zestiria -- MB-FEF9718FBFB11231 - Taken by XBP. 96 entrants total.

t1445397452z1.png

Deitus

God save us from the 30fps.

Jesus, if you people think it's so fucking terrible, don't buy it. Simple, ain't it?

I only just now saw this, but you're really twisting my words here.

I am not part of the framerate police, and I don't boycott games that are frame locked. I played Dark Souls on the PS3, and even Blighttown didn't bother me too much. Frankly, I find the idea that 30 fps is unplayable a bit silly, but then everyone has their own priorities. 2-3 fps though, is unplayable for me, to the point where I get headaches, but I digress.

I didn't mention the framerate because it is such a horrible offense for a PC game to not be running at 240 FPS. I mentioned it because I noticed it while playing, and it was a bit distracting. I would have mentioned if the game had really bad aliasing as well, but so far that hasn't been the case. In case you missed it, my comment about the framerate was immediately followed by calling the port "pretty solid". It's not perfect, but it's certainly not going to ruin my enjoyment of the game.

I only just now saw this, but you're really twisting my words here.

I am not part of the framerate police, and I don't boycott games that are frame locked. I played Dark Souls on the PS3, and even Blighttown didn't bother me too much. Frankly, I find the idea that 30 fps is unplayable a bit silly, but then everyone has their own priorities. 2-3 fps though, is unplayable for me, to the point where I get headaches, but I digress.

I didn't mention the framerate because it is such a horrible offense for a PC game to not be running at 240 FPS. I mentioned it because I noticed it while playing, and it was a bit distracting. I would have mentioned if the game had really bad aliasing as well, but so far that hasn't been the case. In case you missed it, my comment about the framerate was immediately followed by calling the port "pretty solid". It's not perfect, but it's certainly not going to ruin my enjoyment of the game.

You criticized the game for being 30fps. Not sure how else that's supposed to come across, even if the port is "pretty solid". It definitely didn't come across as some sort of tongue in cheek commentary on the mouthbreathers of the #PCMR running around claiming they only got half a game, etc., either.

It wasn't intentionally directed at you, though, so if you took offense to my comments, I'm sorry; that's wasn't the point of my post. I just had a Bernie Sanders moment where the posts about Zestiria not being 60fps (and people wasting their time trying to unlock it with cheat engine and the like) were Hillary's emails. "The American people are sick and tired of hearing about your damned framerate."

I'm in the US, do I need a VPN to buy Vermintide from Nuuvem?

Quite possibly.
yes
You know how you can add the game to your cart and then try to checkout?
Well, when you try to check out, it will tell you that the game is not available in your region...
At this point, nuuvem will tell you if the game isn't available in your region; if this happens, you're going to need a VPN to change your region before you can try again.
This may or may not work, depending on if there's a paypal/cc address check for the game during checkout.
Also, it goes without saying, but make sure the game you're buying is redeemable in your region.

Deitus

You criticized the game for being 30fps. Not sure how else that's supposed to come across, even if the port is "pretty solid". It definitely didn't come across as some sort of tongue in cheek commentary on the mouthbreathers of the #PCMR running around claiming they only got half a game, etc., either.

It wasn't intentionally directed at you, though, so if you took offense to my comments, I'm sorry; that's wasn't the point of my post. I just had a Bernie Sanders moment where the posts about Zestiria not being 60fps (and people wasting their time trying to unlock it with cheat engine and the like) were Hillary's emails. "The American people are sick and tired of hearing about your damned framerate."

I suppose I can see that, and I hadn't really kept up with the thread, so I don't know if it was full of people complaining about the framerate (though I wouldn't be surprised it it was).

Though, I had basically the same reaction to your post. I literally had one minor comment about the framerate (and it wasn't even anything harsh), and you respond as you did. I wasn't really offended, I'm just "sick and tired" of having every minor criticism about performance being twisted into an argument about PCMR and framerate police. I don't really mind if you call out people for PC elitism, and frankly a lot of the times when you do I agree with you. But you need to pick your battles a little better (and that's not just directed at you, but everyone who gets super defensive about criticism of PC ports), otherwise you are just crying wolf.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Xbox Wireless Adapter For Windows Begins Shipping Today

With the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, you’ll simply plug the Adapter into the USB 2.0 or 3.0 port of your Windows 10 PC laptop or tablet and bind the Adapter to your Wireless Controller to enable the same gaming experience you’re used to on Xbox One, including in-game chat and high-quality stereo audio. The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows accommodates up to eight controllers per unit, and up to four chat headsets or two stereo headsets.

If you haven’t had a chance to try game streaming just yet, check out these step-by-step instructions. And be sure to try some of this year’s blockbuster games with built-in controller support including Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta, and Fable Legends.

The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows will be available for $24.99 USD (MSRP) or bundled with an Xbox One Wireless Controller for $79.95 USD (MSRP).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

I think you read too much into his post, surely there must be some middle ground between barely mentioning that a port is locked at 30fps as a negative, and master race dick swinging?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom