• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
It's not the best in the series at all, it ruined the series and completely overrated by people. It's only RE in name, for a non RE game it is pretty good and fun though.

It's basically what changed RE to whatever abomination it is now. It's the best "nu-RE" but it has nothing on Code Veronica and the likes. True horror with proper fucking zombies and not bullshit alien-ish tentacle-monsters, twenty foot tall zombie-goliaths and tentacles popping out of neckholes? Yeah, no, that's... Shit. That's not zombies, that's not horror, it's just gorey action that's reminiscent of cheesy, campy 80-90's gore flick.

RIP Resident Evil, we hardly knew ye'.
What makes it not a Resident Evil game?

It's what bastardized and ruined the series for a lot of people, including yours truely.

Never could get into it again after that. It was just... Too dumb, even if it was a mechanically solid game, it just wasn't what I wanted from Resident Evil.

Something about lack of puzzles, "less" tension (which I don't agree, first playthough can be pretty nerve wrecking), not true horror game (I'll admit that mid-castle it lacks that OOMPH for horror imo) , different camera and more action.

Anyway, no one can say it is or isn't a Resident Evil game. Because it is, and it is part of the canon already so.

My bad. I forgot RE:R was in it.
I think the newer versions of the game have alternate "non-tank" style controls, but don't quote me on it. They're fantastic games, but even if you don't like them, you're still getting the rest of the games you do want for a steal of a price. Just give the RE games to a friend or redeem 'em and give em another whirl. (Or you could go piece out the parts you don't want on trading forums, I suppose).

I'll have a look into the non-tank style controls, if true it would probably worth another go.

Also I've got a few games from this thread it would seem only right that any I didn't want from that bundle I gave back here.

The camera and aiming with the laser for a start. Also no zombies and lack of enemy variety in general. There was barely any puzzles and the few that did was so easy and not challenging. Not enough items and backtracking which I think is a huge part of RE.

Salsa

UnfinishedBigheartedBighorn.gif

this guy was trash talking me the entire game saying "trash" "you're trash" every time they scored and we ended up losing on overtime cause he passed it to them

I had to get up and walk a couple laps around the house. no kidding. I wish him death, legitimately. I hope he walks out today and gets run over by a truck while his family watches.

oh my god

Silent Hill was 20 times better than Resident Evil ever was prior to 4 so the old style was made redundant. Instead they revolutionized third person action games which is great to me!

Lomax

This seems like something the music industry came up with, because they want every time you play to be a single performance they make money on.

Interestingly, this might mean that they could do a blanket ascap performance license for the game, which would mean they could potentially have essentially any song without needing individual permission. So that would be one possible benefit.

this guy was trash talking me the entire game saying "trash" "you're trash" every time they scored and we ended up losing on overtime cause he passed it to them

I had to get up and walk a couple laps around the house. no kidding. I wish him death, legitimately. I hope he walks out today and gets run over by a truck while his family watches.

oh my god
who cares, 12 hour until the delorean unlocks!!!

Arthea

http://giant.gfycat.com/UnfinishedBigheartedBighorn.gif[/IMG

[B]this guy was trash talking me the entire game saying "trash" "you're trash" every time they scored and we ended up losing on overtime cause he passed it to them[/B]

oh my god[/QUOTE]

now you know why I don't bother with multi anymore, kids these days

Hektor

oh my god

Rocket League™ featuring The Dota experience™

zkylon

zkylewd
bundle is kinda cool, i doubt dmc or re4 will go below 10 for a long while so i guess i should grab it

i just don't want to have payed money AGAIN for remember me

that game sux

oh my god
soudns like league of rockets

..it's just a videogame. Relax.
Interesting experiment. Very shitty that they add a 10$ fee for participating in it though.
I was right :p
image.php

..half right :)

Momentary

Banned
The no zombies things doesn't bother me one bit. The game has always been about bio terrorism. I expected it to deviate from zombies even back in the 90s. Resident Evil was some bullshit name that Capcom of America cooked up because Biohazard was already trade marked in the states by the band.

Uzzy

oh my god

That's a Neuer level save that.

In other news, looking for a new house is bloody miserable. Or rather, it wouldn't be if the town I'm moving to wasn't in the fucking dark ages with it's maximum of 7.8mbps. I feel like I'd get burnt as a witch for pulling out my 4G phone.

Eila

When is RE 1-2-3 hitting steam, anyway? I have to admit I never played the first one. 2 and 3 are the shit, though.
But 4 is also awesome, just in a different way.

eh, opinions and how they work, those who liked pre 4 RE were fans invested in series, they were kinda betrayed with 4, I totally can understand this complaint.

I suppose.
At one point I owned RE2, 3, & CV (all on Dreamcast), but I got them after playing through RE4 & RE5. The older mechanics, the extremely limited inventory, running past everything, it was all so gross.

I think Silent Hill 2 & 3 are awesome though, so whatever.

You're both dead to me.

Sorry that I never saw the appeal of awkwardly trying to run around zombies, instead of shooting their kneecaps and suplexing them.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is it a video, is it a game or is Enhanced Steam having a funny 5 minutes? Still more Decent of any form is always a good thing.

It's an early access game that's using the incorrect icon overlay (wrong thumbnail uploaded by devs). So it's like the ultimate in confusion, especially since Enhanced Steam's Early Access banner shares a lot of the same colors with the Video overlay.

Dr Dogg

I actually like old style, action style and spin off style Resi just as much as each other for different reasons. Even got a soft spot for Steve Burnside and crazy Alfred from Code Veronica.

It's an early access game that's using the incorrect icon overlay (wrong thumbnail uploaded by devs). So it's like the ultimate in confusion, especially since Enhanced Steam's Early Access banner shares a lot of the same colors with the Video overlay.

Hahaha. Well at least they're not conflicting I guess.

I suppose.
At one point I owned RE2, 3, & CV (all on Dreamcast), but I got them after playing through RE4 & RE5. The older mechanics, the extremely limited inventory, running past everything, it was all so gross.

I think Silent Hill 2 & 3 are awesome though, so whatever.

Sorry that I never saw the appeal of awkwardly trying to run around zombies, instead of shooting their kneecaps and suplexing them.

You ran around them sometimes whereas whereas suplexing ganados[not zombies] was pretty corny. Saving ammo was another example of why the older RE games were better and more challenging.

Phawx

I'm not sure if I have buyer's remorse already, but I bought a SMVA 4k 40" panel with DP1.2 and HDMI2.0 with Freesync support.

I really have to hope the edid freesync hack works on this model or that the firmware gets updated by the no-name korean company. Which happened with the Wasabi Mango, so it's not out of the question.

If it doesn't work, I might have to upgrade to a 980ti just to drive this bad boy.

You ran around them sometimes whereas whereas suplexing ganados[not zombies] was pretty corny. Saving ammo was another example of why the older RE games were better and more challenging.

And we certainly can't have corny things happening in Resident Evil games.

I agree with the more challenging part. Older RE games also had the ink ribbons aka limited saves. There are some cool ideas at work, but I couldn't get into them.

Pre-RE4, the only Resident Evil I played was RE3's Mercenaries mode and Dino Crisis 1. If I had played the RE games back in the PSX days instead of SOTN and JRPGs, maybe my opinion of them would've been different.

Or maybe not.

Ruruja

Nice save though...

I've never been called trash on Rocket League, mostly just fag and lucker. One day maybe.

Knurek

GOTY award will be really hard this year.

I mean, Witcher 3, Paint it Back, Contradiction... Still need to play Tales of Serious Samlands, Ori and Talos.

And that's not even taking into account older games I finished this year...

2015 is awesome.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hahaha. Well at least they're not conflicting I guess.

When I think "Early Access Video", I think of those movies that get leaked online before the special effects get added in. Glad that's not what they're selling.

MUnited83

For you.
The Guitar Hero seems to be more misinformation than anything:

-There's the base game with about 47 songs. You have full access to them. 47 is a bit underwhelming considering the usual number thats is included on these type of games, so that's a fair criticism.

- There's GHTV, which is a separate mode, and its kinda like a streaming service. It gives you access to more 200 songs (and this list is supposed to grow overtime). You can play this mode without paying anything, not money or in-game currency, but you're limited to the song being "played/features" at that moment, but from a selection of different "channels" that can be themed around a genre or artist. If you want to play a specific song from the GHTV lists/channels, you will need to use the currency.

- In-game currency is given to you as you play through songs. Reports are it isn't really stingy it with (this can of course change come release day)

It's not a bad of a model as it seemed initially. You can have access to a lot of songs for free. Granted, its shitty they don't sell the songs for the people that's like to play it whenever they wish to.
For people who like to play all kinds of songs instead of tackling the same ones over and over again this seems pretty alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom