• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
A game that actively kills its own userbase. Wow.

The concept itself isn't terrible, but it shouldnt be "one life only ever". A game built around that gave you a life each week (and server reset at the end of the week) would be a much better idea.

I was laughing reading the Greenlight page.

So:

- it's not F2P
- you only get one life
- you can't access the game again if you die
- the developers state that you can create another Steam/in-game account (doesn't lock out your actual Steam profile, just the game itself) and play it, and pay $10 again to restart the process

The comments on their page are right. "You need to fire your project manager", indeed. This is a recipe for a bunch of angry people asking for refunds.

Is anyone using an Xbox one controller with Zestiria? It doesn't seem to work, wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Edit: It seems to default to keyboard and mouse on startup. Just went to the menu and changed the controller and good to go!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is anyone using an Xbox one controller with Zestiria? It doesn't seem to work, wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

There's a patch coming out for this today apparently, but to copy and paste from the Steam forums (developer posting):

We have detected a bug that we are in the process of fixing. Unfortunately, it won’t be resolved by tonight, but thankfully there’s an easy fix!

When installing the game for the first time (without old game configuration), remapping any key on the keyboard will not work until the next game launch. Please close the game and restart. Doing this will resolve this issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we’ll keep you posted regarding the upcoming fix in the coming days. Thank you again for supporting Tales of Zestiria on PC!

The same thing people have said happens to controllers as well, basically changing keys. If that doesn't work, there's a bit more I'm sure we can dig into.

Dr Dogg

Zestira is another one of those games that saves so quick that there's no progress prompt it just saves in a nanosecond (well maybe a bit longer than that).

Hektor

B003EV5HNC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hektor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Remember me -- MB-C3E68742011F9389 - Taken by darkchewie

Wow. Next Jimqusition topic = Found.

Sarcasm

fuck, i cant start zesty with sound. I have a g35 Headset and cant seem to set it to stereo only :(

I have no other working sound on this PC (5.1 sound system is botched, has cracking sound)

If I disable sound I can start zesty just fine :[

Weird I have the updated version (g633) and no issue there.

Ruruja

I was laughing reading the Greenlight page.

So:

- it's not F2P
- you only get one life
- you can't access the game again if you die
- the developers state that you can create another Steam/in-game account (doesn't lock out your actual Steam profile, just the game itself) and play it, and pay $10 again to restart the process

The comments on their page are right. "You need to fire your project manager", indeed. This is a recipe for a bunch of angry people asking for refunds.

I like the idea, it's a nice experiment, but it definitely needs to be F2P.

Eila

Damn, owning RE4 on PC just in time for the HD mod is great news to come back to.
I'm sorry for all those times I've dissed you, Capcom-san.

GaussTek

Thanks a lot for RE4 HD Capcom, but I already had Remember Me :p

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-D8BC8C80AEED1224 - Taken by anastef. 14 entrants total.

t1445368654z1.png

Maniac

Banned
Yeah, I keep thinking the same thing - that maybe there's hope yet to get the community on board to crowd-source all these great custom configurations that Valve keeps talking about. I'm definitely not getting rid of the Steam controller any time soon, but I don't think it will ever fully replace my "dedicated" controller that has dual analog sticks.

"Native support" in games would be great - but let's be honest here. PC ports are typically an afterthought for most big games, and thinking that most new games on Steam will ship with this unique control scheme in mind is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
I think it'd be dumb to underestimate Valve's reach. I mean, looking at the ton of games that've come to SteamOS, and Linux in its own right, because of Valve's initiatives, I'm not entirely convinced that we wont be seeing native support by some big publishers. WB, Paradox and Devolver* (*on a game-by-game basis, anyway) wouldn't end up surprising me too much.

Dsyndrome

Beat RE4 on PS2 many years ago; had fun even if it was the weaker version. Next one I get will be Zero, even though it's sat unplayed on my GameCube since the mid-2000's.

Sounds like a good time to jump in. It's only the best in the series and one of the best games of its generation.

It's not the best in the series at all, it ruined the series and completely overrated by people. It's only RE in name, for a non RE game it is pretty good and fun though.

The aiming in the Wii version was so godly, it made the game easy. Does mouse beat it?

I'm aware some people hate the Wii version because the aiming is TOO good, while they could just connect a GC controller heh. I'm just wondering about the PC version. :)

There's 4 although maybe I shouldn't count revelations 2: ep 1 since it's obviously not the full game.

My bad. I forgot RE:R was in it.
I think the newer versions of the game have alternate "non-tank" style controls, but don't quote me on it. They're fantastic games, but even if you don't like them, you're still getting the rest of the games you do want for a steal of a price. Just give the RE games to a friend or redeem 'em and give em another whirl. (Or you could go piece out the parts you don't want on trading forums, I suppose).

Is RE4 the bad PC version without lighting?

Is the bad PC version on Steam?

so many Rebel Galaxies in my activity feed... it's getting hard to resist.

Not if you're not into that genre. :)

It's not the best in the series at all, it ruined the series and completely overrated by people. It's only RE in name, for a non RE game it is pretty good and fun though.

Wow. Your opinions never cease to amaze me.

If you had gamecube why wouldn't you get the superior version which came out earlier as well?

Price point? Extra content? Gift? Didn't have the GCN when RE4 was purchased? I'm sure there were reasons.

What makes it not a Resident Evil game?

Third person shooter with more action?
Some people really don't like the direction the series took starting with 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom