• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Once again, please add a category for hoarders that we are - best non-2015 game you finished in 2015. Separate from the actual GOTY vote, but something that could be used for future 'SteamGAF recommends hidden Steamsale gems' threads.

I'll see if I can put something like this together. The problem is that it will likely create a list with as many games as there are people responding, but I don't see any harm in doing that as long as it's not something that affects the general vote and is completely optional.

Khronico

MGSV is trash compared to Rocket League, Witcher 3 and Life is Strange.

Your hilarious.

In pure gameplay terms it's one of the best games I've ever played and by far the best playing game this year IMO.

I also quite liked the story.

Witcher 3 is still GOTY though, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Grief.exe

Your hilarious.

In pure gameplay terms it's one of the best games I've ever played and by far the best playing game this year IMO.

Yep.

So many good games this year though. Kerbal, Prison Architect, Witcher 3, Pillars, Cities Skylines, Life is Strange, etc.

Kerbal is probably going to be my GOTY.

milena87

I just finished Life is Strange.

I... I don't know what to say. It's certainly a game that I'll remember for a long time. I can't wait to see what Dontnod will do next.

Now, The Witcher 3 is still my GOTY: CDPR crafted an almost perfect game, with an ending that was personally more satisfying than the one in the books (well, at least my ending).
But Life is Strange is certainly second place.

I'll probably start Tales from the Borderlands next, I feel like I need something cheerful now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How can REmake be included when it's a re-release remake?

The only eligibility requirement is that it has to have been released on Steam in 2015, so that includes things like REmake as well as a number of Final Fantasy ports such as Type-0, The After Years, V, and Lightning Returns
if it releases on time
. All eligible.

Shadownet

Banned
It's gameplay is sensational, mate.

It outperforms all three of those in that category alone.

Also, even trash can do great things. It's called trash can, not trash cannot :p
Some inspirational PR stuff right here. (I mean if you enjoy doing 50 missions of the same thing. Airlift everyone and kill those you can't extract)
Rocket League is multiplayer only, common.
Still has a better story than MGS V
and Destiny
Your asinine OT opinions were just the tip of the iceberg
MGS V is such a disappointment in term of story and characters.

Phinor

Two days ago I finally had to send Steam support my first ticket. I was expecting the worst but I still wasn't prepared...

So two days it took them to reply. A bit long but within acceptable limits all things considered. However the actual reply has 9 sentences to solve my issue, of which none have any relevance at all with my issue. So basically their automated system took two days to send me an automated reply. I mean the reply itself might be a copy/paste job done by a human being but it's fair say a poorly programmed human being at best. If their customer support isn't going to read even the first sentence of an issue before sending a copy/paste answer that has nothing to do with the issue, how about you actually automate this first step and go from there?

I'm not sure I should even try to reply. Giving up right away might be the only reasonable solution.

The only eligibility requirement is that it has to have been released on Steam in 2015, so that includes things like REmake as well as a number of Final Fantasy ports such as Type-0, The After Years, V, and Lightning Returns
if it releases on time
. All eligible.

then I'd like to suggest Guilty Gear Accent Core +R, Mega Man Legacy Collection, Grandia 2, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition and KOF 2k2

Yeah, I think the 4th is a good date. It's when most people have to be back to work/school/real life after traditional holiday breaks, and it also means that everything that would be eligible will have already been released.

Does two weeks sound like a fair enough voting window?

I think two weeks should do just fine.

demented

Here's an extra I've got, wanted to make it shorter but copy pasted the code before I remembered.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (demented, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Remember me -- MB-E41BC5DA69E41BB5 - Taken by redlacs. 24 entrants total.

t1445463694z1.png

jshackles

One of my favorite games of 2015 that's criminally underrated:

According to SteamSpy it's sold around 30,000 copies, and only about 5 people on my friends list played it long enough to finish it, which is sad.

This game is pretty legit guys. It's like Zelda but with more RPG mechanics (such as a character leveling system) that simply nails it on atmosphere. The game is also somewhat short (took me 11 hours) and the achievements are plentiful but well spaced. Combat feels good and the puzzles are really well done.

Will probably be in my top 5.

Lomax

Two days ago I finally had to send Steam support my first ticket. I was expecting the worst but I still wasn't prepared...

So two days it took them to reply. A bit long but within acceptable limits all things considered. However the actual reply has 9 sentences to solve my issue, of which none have any relevance at all with my issue. So basically their automated system took two days to send me an automated reply. I mean the reply itself might be a copy/paste job done by a human being but it's fair say a poorly programmed human being at best. If their customer support isn't going to read even the first sentence of an issue before sending a copy/paste answer that has nothing to do with the issue, how about you actually automate this first step and go from there?

I'm not sure I should even try to reply. Giving up right away might be the only reasonable solution.

By most accounts the first reply is always worthless, you should still send a reply if you still have the issue.

According to SteamSpy it's sold around 30,000 copies, and only about 5 people on my friends list played it long enough to finish it, which is sad.

This game is pretty legit guys. It's like Zelda but with more RPG mechanics (such as a character leveling system) that simply nails it on atmosphere. The game is also somewhat short (took me 11 hours) and the achievements are plentiful but well spaced.

I'm really looking forward to getting this but I'll admit it's in the "looks like it will be bundled" category so I'm holding out until at least a big sale. 30k full price copies is pretty decent for a $15 indie though.

derExperte

Experte

are you watching this?

2-0

what a time to be alive

Congrats, had to eventually lose one and I'll gladly take this. After the lackluster game on Saturday I wasn't expecting anything more than a draw which it would've been without Neuer's error (not gonna complain about Giroud using his hand, defense was just too bad) but when even Lewandowski can't hit a ball while Özil scores you know it's one of those days.

jshackles

I'm really looking forward to getting this but I'll admit it's in the "looks like it will be bundled" category so I'm holding out until at least a big sale. 30k full price copies is pretty decent for a $15 indie though.

Hopefully it gets a hefty discount during the Autumn/Winter sale this year, so more people get the chance to play it. It was $5 on the Humble Store last month which is totally worth it. If it hits 75% off, it'll be a no-brainer. As far as bundling is concerned, this would actually be a good inclusion choice for the Humble Monthly if they wanted to wow people the first month with a great game.

Saty

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-10-20-ubisoft-joins-open-gaming-alliance
Ubisoft has joined non-profit trade association the Open Gaming Alliance as a corporate member, citing a desire to better understand the PC gaming community.

"PC gamers are important to Ubisoft, and we're committed to better understanding and addressing their needs and to continually improving our relationship with them," said Ubisoft's Sandrine Caloiaro, consumer and marketing knowledge director.
Didn't know the PCGA changed their name to Open Gaming Alliance.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Not 100% sure about the manuals in OlliOlli2. It sort of renders getting long combos so easy they're pointless.

This game is pretty legit guys. It's like Zelda but with more RPG mechanics (such as a character leveling system) that simply nails it on atmosphere. The game is also somewhat short (took me 11 hours) and the achievements are plentiful but well spaced. Combat feels good and the puzzles are really well done.

Huh, looks like a very colorful and "happy" 2.5D Zelda. Cool, thanks for posting.
I think two weeks should do just fine.
image.php

I literally thought you were Jase. Was shocked seeing him kinda defile Saoirse.

Salsa

Not 100% sure about the manuals in OlliOlli2. It sort of renders getting long combos so easy they're pointless.

if you're going for every objective as you go (as do I and should you) the game gets hard enough even with em, believe me

maybe not OMG hard, but definetly challenging and fun

chronomac

if you're going for every objective as you go (as do I and should you) the game gets hard enough even with em, believe me

maybe not OMG hard, but definetly challenging and fun

I tried playing the original and had a really hard time getting the timing of landings down. Am I alone on that? Maybe it was the input lag but I thought I had to hit it way too early to feel natural.

Maniac

Banned
You're both dead to me.

And to me.

I think the only one I really hate is 5 really. 6 has an ace combat system and Revelations 1 was a bore but other than that I've liked all the other mainline titles and Revelations 2.

Yet to play anything beyond 5. I couldn't even complete the damn thing, despite it being the game I bought my PS3 for.

It was, incidentally, also the only game I really ever played on that bloody console. Such a waste. >-<

The game, apparently, makes over $12,000 US in revenue every day on iOS. I think they'll be fine.

Salsa

I tried playing the original and had a really hard time getting the timing of landings down. Am I alone on that? Maybe it was the input lag but I thought I had to hit it way too early to feel natural.

can't quite remember how it felt but I never had an issue. It's one of those things that you'll never have trouble to get once you get it once, I think

maybe vsync was messing you up or something? 2 really relies on those perfect landings FAST if you wanna get the objectives done

im like on the third world and it's already asking me for level-long combos with perfect manuals and rails

the "tricky" part of the game for me was always trying to get the tricks you're asked to do. It's not quite clear if I can blame the game really but somteimes shit just doesnt pop where you feel like it should.

Maniac

Banned
r u calling me annoying :I

witcha will be forgotten by the time fallout 4 releases its first nude mod

Gamebryo wouldn't be able to handle the amount of polygons and the resolution of Triss' boobies though.

So it can't win. No way José.
Witcher 3 is the best game in the fucking last 10 years or something

it's objective I tell you

I havent even finished it

I don't even remember shit from 1 and 2 and im still playing it and loving it. As I play it I even realize that it's greatness surpasses my appreciation of it. Im not even bothering with Gwent and im not the biggest Witcher fan in the world; I gather if I was doing both those things I'd realize it's even better than I think

heck I don't even particularly like fantasy. It tends to bore me

game is absolutely ridiculous and if I was a competitor doing open world stuff i'd just give up

TW3 is, objectively, GOAT for RPGs of it's kind.

Objectively.

And if you disagree, you're wrong. :>

Arthea

yeah, Zesty port is fine, I had no problems with it so far at all (only had to restart after changing settings as per Bamco suggestion), 29-30 fps is kinda odd, I thought it will be locked at 30.
Can't say about combat much yet, seems to be pretty standard Tales combat, at least at the start. I wish it looked a tad better, especially character models, but I know it's Tales and not FF13. So yeah, it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom