• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Witcher 3 or LiS for GOTY. And let's see. Something between One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3, NepNep1 NepNep2 and NepNep3 behind that.

Arkham Knight and MGS V can suck a dick. They betrayed me. The basically stabbed in the back. With a sharp blade.

zkylon

zkylewd
When is RE 1-2-3 hitting steam, anyway? I have to admit I never played the first one. 2 and 3 are the shit, though.
But 4 is also awesome, just in a different way.
re1 is really good, you should give it a try someday

my favorite will always be 2 because the atmosphere and all the insane stuff they pulled off with the different stories and level layouts for leon and claire is just pretty unbelievable to this day

re1 is just a smaller version of that, but the mansion is really nice and there's a lot of hilarious voiceacting that's just priceless

i've never played re3 tho, and i'm one of those people that hated re4 for being too different

too bad re4 is the only one i can play now since it's the only one without spiders in it

Witcher 3 or LiS for GOTY. And let's see. Something between One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3, NepNep1 NepNep2 and NepNep3.

Arkham Knight and MGS V can suck a dick. They betrayed me. The basically stabbed in the back. With a sharp blade.
so far for me it's 100% witcha

i like lis a lot, but i find its issues too big to overlook

and there was nothing else for me this year tbh

i feel like i haven't played anything all year, i don't even think i've played league more than usual

Hektor

Ugh, Crapcom pls.

zG7hqvP.png

GaussTek

Talking about Resident Evil, there are only three main games missing on Steam, right?

-RE2: Although we'll -very likely- get the Remake.
-RE3: There's already an old PC version, hopefully they can bring that one even if they are also planning to do a Remake at some point (as it will surely take a looong while :p).
-RECV: There's already an HD version on PS3/X360, dunno why Capcom hasn't ported that one to PC already :/

Dr Dogg

I imagine LiS will feature heavily in here come GOTY time. Witcher III as well and I guess that Metal Gear thing too. Even though I've still got half of the critical path left and the first part of the expansion Pillars is right up there for me and GTAV still sucked me dry of free time despite beating it twice previously. Maybe this year is AssCreeds' year.

Also dear oh dear Bayern *chortle*.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
SteamGAF game of the year is going to be super tough this year - we've had a lot of great stuff release on Steam. And a lot of good stuff is still to come: Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3 are hotly anticipated sequels that look like they'll hit the right buttons with most folks.

It's going to be hard to top LiS for me, personally

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'm glad i'm not really picky and love both the old and new RE games equally.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this is why you should play doubles with a friend

I think the only one I really hate is 5 really. 6 has an ace combat system and Revelations 1 was a bore but other than that I've liked all the other mainline titles and Revelations 2.

Salsa

OlliOlli 2 is fucking fantastic and way better than 1, which is surprising.

Witcher 3 is GOTY but i'd put even this above LiS

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Talking about Resident Evil, there are only three main games missing on Steam, right?

-RE3: There's already an old PC version, hopefully they can bring that one even if they are also planning to do a Remake at some point (as it will surely take a looong while :p).
-RECV: There's already an HD version on PS3/X360, dunno why Capcom hasn't ported that one to PC already :/

Yes, once Zero is out, Steam is missing RE2, RE3, and Code Veronica for the main series.

Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles are secondary, but still bigger entries in the series that tell canon stories that tie-in with things, even as on-rail shooters. They also had HD ports, so they may come around eventually.

Then we have the spin-offs, none of which are on Steam yet, though I hold hope for Outbreak 1 & 2, and Dead Aim.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yes, once Zero is out, Steam is missing RE2, RE3, and Code Veronica for the main series.

Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles are secondary, but still bigger entries in the series that tell canon stories that tie-in with things, even as on-rail shooters. They also had HD ports, so they may come around eventually.

Then we have the spin-offs, none of which are on Steam yet, though I hold hope for Outbreak 1 & 2, and Dead Aim.

You know we all want the Gun Survivor series. ;P

Salsa

steamgaf goty isnt gonna be "tough" at all

1- Witcher 3
2- Rocket League

not even my opinion (altho it is) but probably what it'll come down to. Maybe whole GAF-wise as well.

yeah some of you guys love that shitty LiS dialogue but it's just 3 people who post a bunch.

MGSV would have been up there as well but then people finished it

Annubis

Rocket League™ featuring The Dota experience™

Can we have a legitimate research on multiplayer jerkism?

Like, how can you scientifically explain that some people play a game which is supposed to give you fun - only to not do the fun part of the game but instead seek to negate it from others' too transforming their negative reaction to enjoyment.

I'm betting that game trolls are sociopaths.

Jawmuncher

steamgaf goty isnt gonna be "tough" at all

1- Witcher 3
2- Rocket League

not even my opinion (altho it is) but probably what it'll come down to. Maybe whole GAF-wise as well.

yeah some of you guys love that shitty LiS dialogue but it's just 3 people who post a bunch.

MGSV would have been up there as well but then people finished it

If mgs4 can win GOTY twice I think MGSV can manage

Uzzy

I imagine LiS will feature heavily in here come GOTY time. Witcher III as well and I guess that Metal Gear thing too. Even though I've still got half of the critical path left and the first part of the expansion Pillars is right up there for me and GTAV still sucked me dry of free time despite beating it twice previously. Maybe this year is AssCreeds' year.

Also dear oh dear Bayern *chortle*.

I expect Jshackles to rig the vote for LiS to win GOTY.

And you can never rely on the Germans. I was mocking the Arsenal fans in the office today, taking bets with others as to how many Bayern were going to score. Yeah, that's not going to be brought up at all tomorrow.

Experte

are you watching this?

2-0

what a time to be alive

Franz Beckenbauer! Otto Von Bismarck! Friedrich Nietzsche! Karl Marx! Helmut Kohl! Carl von Clausewitz! Johann Sebastian Bach! Angela Merkel!!! Your boys took a hell of a beating!!!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know you guys want to wait until March like last year but...

I'm thinking of holding the voting session for the 2015 SteamGAF GotY either the last two weeks of December or the first two weeks of January. Thoughts?

Uzzy

I'm thinking of holding the voting session for the 2015 SteamGAF GotY either the last two weeks of December or the first two weeks of January. Thoughts?

First two weeks of Jan. Start the voting on around the 4th maybe? While I don't think anything GOTY worthy will come out in the last two weeks of December, it'd be awkward to exclude them.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

I'd be up for it, gives me something to do while travelling and there's been a huge surge in game release numbers, and maybe because of that, high-quality titles this year.

I usually don't participate in GoTY votes since I didn't play X big game anyway. I actually have no clue what I had the most fun with this year. I guess as it stands, Arcana Heart 3 Love Max since I never played an AH game extensively and it was a change of pace for me. But then again that game is 2 years old on consoles so idk.

I dunno I got more games to play though.

Salsa

Witcher 3 is the best game in the fucking last 10 years or something

it's objective I tell you

I havent even finished it

I don't even remember shit from 1 and 2 and im still playing it and loving it. As I play it I even realize that it's greatness surpasses my appreciation of it. Im not even bothering with Gwent and im not the biggest Witcher fan in the world; I gather if I was doing both those things I'd realize it's even better than I think

heck I don't even particularly like fantasy. It tends to bore me

game is absolutely ridiculous and if I was a competitor doing open world stuff i'd just give up

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
oh wow, coupons merge with sale discounts? game changer. I just bought OlliOlli2 at 75% discount combined

also fuck yeah ARSENAL

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

The normal GAF goty is mid-december to mid-january I think, so in that ballpark is good

Lomax

oh wow, coupons merge with sale discounts? game changer. I just bought OlliOlli2 at 75% discount combined

Developer issued coupons frequently stack with other discounts. Coupons generated from cards never stack. As such, the majority of coupons that exist don't stack (and usually the ones that do stack have fairly short expiration dates on them). Coupons that don't stack say so, if it doesn't say, it stacks.

I think that might be a little unfair towards games that release in December, especially in the case of something like Just Cause 3 that may take someone a bit longer to play through and form a complete opinion.

I mean, I don't think anything'll top Witcher 3 for me, so it may be a moot point, but I figured I'd at least bring it up.

Dr Dogg

I don't think there's any meaningful releases past December 10th. Even looking at the Coming Soon section on the store front the hazy release dates at the tail end of 2015 aren't exactly full of games that are crying out quality. I'd imagine all the big hitters and surprise packages will be out by the end of November and we'd had enough time to (attempt) to play them by the last couple of weeks of the year. I don't think I'm back to work until the 5th of Jan next year so might have some meaningful time this year if I'm not stuck in some relatives house I'd rather not be in.

jshackles

First two weeks of Jan. Start the voting on around the 4th maybe? While I don't think anything GOTY worthy will come out in the last two weeks of December, it'd be awkward to exclude them.

The normal GAF goty is mid-december to mid-january I think, so in that ballpark is good

Yeah, I think the 4th is a good date. It's when most people have to be back to work/school/real life after traditional holiday breaks, and it also means that everything that would be eligible will have already been released.

Does two weeks sound like a fair enough voting window?

gelf

The camera and aiming with the laser for a start. Also no zombies and lack of enemy variety in general. There was barely any puzzles and the few that did was so easy and not challenging. Not enough items and backtracking which I think is a huge part of RE.

Yeah Resident Evil 4 is ok but I see the older REs more as adventure games then shooters and thats why I'll always prefer them. I just want to explore a creepy metriovanian-ish building full of monsters with backtracking and unlocking shortcuts while solving puzzles, enjoying a creepy soundtrack and beautiful cinematic fixed camera angles.

I have almost no love for the TPS genre as a whole. I don't enjoy playing them and its like the genre that turned adventure games with some shooting on the side into shooters with some adventuring hidden in a corner out of sight. I understand why people love RE4 but its just not enough to my taste.

Witcher 3 is the best game in the fucking last 10 years or something

it's objective I tell you

Ruined for me before I had the hardware to play it properly.
Oh well.

Non Steam GOTY - Bloodborne
Steam GOTY - Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

I don't like FROM at all, mind you... ;)

Anyone pick up that hot Guitar Hero game? Thinking I might go grab it and try to find a Rocksmith adapter at gamestop. They're not not platform specific right?

yea the first 3 and then code veronica. I am surprised that CV never made it after they put RE4 on steam since CV was also on ps3/360 along with RE4. Steam forums have a large thread asking for CV so maybe they will see it. I read before that they are thinking about bringing the old RE titles but that was a long time ago. Lets hope.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anyone pick up that hot Guitar Hero game? Thinking I might go grab it and try to find a Rocksmith adapter at gamestop. They're not not platform specific right?

you cant use other guitars, it has a new button layout. also its not on PC. its on iOS tho lol >_>

you cant use other guitars, it has a new button layout. also its not on PC. its on iOS tho lol >_>
I meant the Rocksmith real guitar adapters

Will probably get Guitar Hero on PS4 just because that's where I have Rock Band 4.

Edit: And I have GCU at best Buy so I'd get Guitar Hero there because it'd be 80 dollars instead of 100. Just hoping gamestop might have a rocksmith adapter for less than the 40 dollars they cost on amazon.

Ludens

Banned
I formatted my hdd because Windows won't boot, giving me a blackscreen.
I tried to recover the system, but it couldn't be done because there was something missing.
So I installed Win 10 with a fresh clean, but I lost 200 GB of installed games, all my passwords (I can retrieve them, luckily), all my photos, all my unused Steam keys.

I really tried for three hours to access at least one time my hdd so I can back-up those things, but nothing.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
ModBot said:
Instructions for Applesauce:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Applesauce, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Resident Evil 4 -- MB-AC66B38BB05EB66C - Taken by skullmuffins. 33 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Resident Evil 4 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1445385754z1.png

Knurek

Once again, please add a category for hoarders that we are - best non-2015 game you finished in 2015. Separate from the actual GOTY vote, but something that could be used for future 'SteamGAF recommends hidden Steamsale gems' threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom