• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Bloodborne near-ending
Fought Gerhman, was exactly one hit away from beating him on my first go. Fuck I don't want to do that again. Also, I never would've found Cainhurst Castle or got the blood rock if I didn't look them up by accident. I feel like a cheat.

Anyways, my GOTY's are BB and MGSV (pre-crazy patch)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
can't quite remember how it felt but I never had an issue. It's one of those things that you'll never have trouble to get once you get it once, I think

maybe vsync was messing you up or something? 2 really relies on those perfect landings FAST if you wanna get the objectives done

im like on the third world and it's already asking me for level-long combos with perfect manuals and rails

the "tricky" part of the game for me was always trying to get the tricks you're asked to do. It's not quite clear if I can blame the game really but somteimes shit just doesnt pop where you feel like it should.

I played the first one on Vita, and landings in this one feels really different to me, maybe it's settings related or just because bluetooth controller. The most tricky part about the original (besides the vita version crashing all the time) was also doing specific tricks. Vita version probably had a few bugs (trophies not popping etc), and the sticks aren't exactly amazing

Arthea

as for steamgaf GOTY voting, I wish we did it later, I have so many games yet to play and if Trails releases in November I probably will play it into January and that's almost surely is a a real GOTY and not all those games you guys mention.
I don't believe Lightning will make it into my GOTY list ever, but you never know, and she will return only in December and that could turn to be late December too.
Also JC3 releases in December, I probably won't pick it this year, too many games, but many will.
And you all are forgetting Nep Nep again!

What I'm trying to say? The later we vote the better and certainly not in December.

so far my GOTY list consist only of Paint it Back, Letter Quest and Higurashi. I need more time!

Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim. April 2015.

invoker-romance.gif
invoker-romance.gif

Shadownet

Banned
[/QUOTE]
disturbing

[quote="Se7enSword, post: 182367605"]You do know that what you just said applies to Rocket league as well, right? :p[/QUOTE]
But it's Rocket League. Its designed to do one thing. MGSV was designed to have an open gameplay, but airlifting everyone seem to be the only thing people do.
[quote="impact, post: 182368560"]
Witcher 3 is about as good as your flashbang throwing abilities ;)[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I practiced really hard.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim. April 2015.

Oh shit, didn't realize that came out earlier this year, despite having played it a few months ago and loving it.

It's going to be really hard to narrow my choices down to just 5 this year.

Oh shit, didn't realize that came out earlier this year, despite having played it a few months ago and loving it.

It's going to be really hard to narrow my choices down to just 5 this year.

Honestly, it is easy to forget when games came out on Steam. For some reason I thought Valkyria Chronicles was from this year for some reason.

I'll admit I haven't bought too many games this year due to the dollar being super expensive as fuck this year here.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

yuraya

Guys don't forget next week the enhanced edition of last years GOTY is being released. So make sure to play it if you haven't.

Also I see Ori and the Blind Forest isn't getting much love with all this GOTY talk. Kinda of a shame. Its probably the best pure platformer on steam.

Nabs

Ori is probably my GOTY next to Rocket League. Not a Hero will probably end up in the 4-5 spot depending on what happens this winter.

jshackles

I hope we can vote for 10 games instead of 5 this year. There'll be a lot of great games completely missing out otherwise.

The problem with allowing more games per person (in this case, double what was allowed last year) is that we would need at least twice as many voters to make the list as cohesive as it was last year. Sure, we have enough people that the good stuff would still rise to the top, but with 5 votes per person we still ended up with 151 games being represented.

Also I see Ori and the Blind Forest isn't getting much love with all this GOTY talk. Kinda of a shame. Its probably the best pure platformer on steam.

I'm planning on playing this during this year's Extra Life livestream. I'm legit looking forward to it.

Durante

I wouldn't call it a pure platformer. It's certainly one of the best Metroidvanias on Steam.

I really think people would talk about it more on GAF if it were on PS platforms.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Guys don't forget next week the enhanced edition of last years GOTY is being released. So make sure to play it if you haven't.

I haven't played it yet but I'll get to around and buy it sometime especially with that content update.

Lomax

Hopefully it gets a hefty discount during the Autumn/Winter sale this year, so more people get the chance to play it. It was $5 on the Humble Store last month which is totally worth it. If it hits 75% off, it'll be a no-brainer. As far as bundling is concerned, this would actually be a good inclusion choice for the Humble Monthly if they wanted to wow people the first month with a great game.

If it hits $5 in the winter sale I'll probably bite with card money. And then watch it get bundled three times the next month.

Huniepop: Jan 19, 2015

Would probably legit be my GotY right now. But then I don't play very many new releases.

Shadownet

Banned
One would think so with 1100 hours played
and I expected you to be semi-pro, I guess we're both disappointment.
Use DSR (assuming that you have a Nvidia card) or GeDoSaTo.

I'm in Nvidia Control Panel right now, selected Zestiria and it doesn't show me DSR option.
Also I just got an email from Valve apologizing for the issues that Steam Link/Controllers are having with Mac systems, and said they're putting a copy of the Valve complete pack in my inventory.
nothing yet, though
Thanks Valve!
Do you need it? if not, I'm willing to buy it off of you jshackles. I'm missing more than half the games on there.

Dsyndrome

And don't forget Clicker Heroes when voting this January

I can't not put this game in my GOTY list, unfortunate that Witcher 3 came out this year as well, so it can't take the top pick.

GOTY this year's gonna be a battle between "Gameplay Trumps All" and "Engrossing Setting and Story", and someone's going to be unhappy about the outcome.

jshackles

Got my Fallout 4 socks pre-ordered. Ready to go.

oi1Axnt.png

Also I just got an email from Valve apologizing for the issues that Steam Link/Controllers are having with Mac systems, and said they're putting a copy of the Valve complete pack in my inventory.
nothing yet, though
Thanks Valve!

Nabs

Got my Fallout 4 socks pre-ordered. Ready to go.

oi1Axnt.png

nothing yet, though
Thanks Valve!

Check your account page to see if they just added it directly to your library.

Jawmuncher

Bought the MGSV DLC with no clue how to acess snakes sneaking suit (Have everything else). What kind of bullshit is this, I paid for it let me use it. Doesn't help you have to develop the costumes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom