• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

DLC will be rolled out over the next 30 days

yeah its dumb

What the hell. Like i'm still going to be playing this by that time.
Oh well their loss.

i'd be ok with it if it wasn't so mediocre and lacking any sort of ambition

gmg + 20PERC-HARVST-SAVING

says it's not the same everywhere tho

I don't know how a original Sci-Fi IP along with the memory segments lacks "ambition"
Maybe not to the level you wanted, but the steps were there.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know how a original Sci-Fi IP along with the memory segments lacks "ambition"
Maybe not to the level you wanted, but the steps were there.
it's no surprise most ppl call the game super forgettable, "original ip" doesn't mean it's actually original, it just feels like something you've seen a million times with the safest most throwaway copy pasta combat and platforming. the memory segments are a good idea but their implementation of it is just a trial and error sort of but not really puzzles.

it's a bad game, it's not ambitious only because they had the big budget to make it look pretty

edit: i don't mean to say there weren't ambitious ideas in there, the memory stuff and the combat customization could've easily been done in ways that were interesting and compelling, it's just that those ideas weren't really followed in a direction that was actually amibitious. they just took the safest, easiest route with everything and that makes the game very unappealing to me and just very boring. i much prefer to play something like lost planet 3 which is most definitely a mess but i can sort of see them trying stuff out that wasn't a for sure thing and i can at least find it interesting to see why it failed.

so I'm almost finished with the main story of Arkham Knight....and I don't really feel like there was a lot of combat in this game.

Is this how I'm supposed to feel?

Remember Me is trash

I would go into details, but I think I've repressed all of it.

Therefore, here is my review of the game.

RTTP: Remember Me Not

/title

Excellent contribution

Jawmuncher

it's no surprise most ppl call the game super forgettable, "original ip" doesn't mean it's actually original, it just feels like something you've seen a million times with the safest most throwaway copy pasta combat and platforming. the memory segments are a good idea but their implementation of it is just a trial and error sort of but not really puzzles.

it's a bad game, it's not ambitious only because they had the big budget to make it look pretty

Eh I disagree and that's the end of this.

Turfster

What?
Do I have to bust out the documentary again that goes into the whole long, problematic development of the game from publisher to publisher and concept to concept?

I really enjoyed Remember Me. Even the combat, which people seemed to hate.

You guys are allowed into my cool kids clubhouse.

zkylon

zkylewd
read my edit if u want

does it matter? maybe all the good stuff got cut, but the game itself as a finished work that you can play is not an ambitious game, it's a by the numbers batman brawler with uncharted platforming sections and a cool minigame that gets used like 4 times in the whole game as far as i've heard

the world design is great, but so is alice's and alice is a bad game too with absolutely gorgeous visuals

so I'm almost finished with the main story of Arkham Knight....and I don't really feel like there was a lot of combat in this game.

Is this how I'm supposed to feel?

There's a lot, probably as much proportionately as Arkham City, there's a lot in side missions, and there are endless fights to be had in the streets. I did side missions and dicked around for a long time in the city, so my perception may have been colored by that.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
One of my favorite games of 2015 that's criminally underrated:

Yeah, this game does look great and it's on my wishlist, I just don't have time to play nor buy any new games right now, I've got too many to play already and a huge backlog that I've never even installed yet. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
If your studio is out of money and on the verge of dying, you finish off and push out what you have =p
that could very well be the reason but i gotta criticize the game i played, can't really judge the game by anything else

maybe it needs to be part of the conversation about that game, i find that like lucasarts being dicks is super relevant to kotor 2's unfinishedness, but kotor 2 was a game i found interesting and then it had like a part that was unfinished about it. or bioshock infinite or whatever.

remember me was just so boring and mediocre i couldn't even convince myself to finish it, and so as a product of publisher mismanagement or whatever it's a pity that nothing interesting about it survived.

you know, aside from being really pretty

Ozium

galak-z looks like your average indie top down shooter

why the hype?

is it transferred hype since it was on a sony console?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-B7BAE685C09ED145 - Taken by Cth. 29 entrants total.

t1445477075z1.png

Remember Me is the greatest game ever.

Nabs

why the hype?

My hype started before it became a rogue-like-like and a Sony launch exclusive. They were saying all the right things back when they announced it.

why the hype?

the hype was actually bigger before it came out on ps4 and people got to play it

its a good game with great controls, but really nothing exceptional

it doesnt deliver on a lot of the things it promises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom