• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Zestiria reminds me of how much I love Tales games art style. Can't stop F12-ing.

Tales of Zestiria story picking up and the cast so far hasn't been annoying. At this point I dont mind too much the 30fps like I did in the beginning and the mystic artes <3

Yep, I'm totally enjoying the game as well. I've taken lots of screenshots too, but most of them are in spoilery cutscenes so I can't really upload them all lol. At this rate, Zestiria will be on my RPG of the year list later. Not at the top though, of course.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Life is Strange is amazing. Its also completely not what i expected. This is some mature-ass mature shit for a game with teens in it. And squeenix published it. End times are truly upon us.

Lomax

That article just reminds me how much I really fucking hate the "but you'll spend $5 on a cup of coffee" analogy. For everything, not just video games. Anyone who makes that comparison is an idiot.

How is it? Is it really just a repackage of the vanilla to hide the negative reviews?
Graphics look nice, not too dark and shabby like most Diablo clones out there.

Labyronia RPG is the 16-bit version of Gothic II - and not in a good way.

You're woefully underpowered compared to the enemies in the game (which all kill you in one hit unless you grind for a while, walking off the path of any road causes enemies far above the player level to spawn and wreck you, there's no sense of what to do or where to go (the best you get is "follow your intuition"), the game funnels you through a forest area with monsters who spam status effects, there are stupid "rock" obstacles that should be easily taken out (but require a pickaxe you don't have), half the NPCs in the game are snarky bastards, and it's just not fun at all.

From what I understand, you don't even get a second or third party member until near the end of the game.

I now understand why they were selling it for 23 cents. Garbage.

Lomax

Everyone who likes puzzle games should play Monument Valley, it's the perfect phone game and the controls wouldn't really translate to anything else. Last I checked it was still free on Amazon.

good game
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-F433D395DC71D92A - Taken by Shadownet. 6 entrants total.

t1445402834z1.png

Motherfucker. Just read an article about how Prison Architect changed the Early Access landscape, but it is $29. My brain is going "it's research, that's how you justify the cost". But it's also $29, when it was $4 during the Summer Seal. But then I'd also buy Lego Jurassic World cause my JW BR has an unlock code for extra characters. So then I'm $50 in the hole and I just payed $90 for prelim art for my next project, and I'm paying $200 to get my CTO out here next month.

HOLD ME DOWN, GAF. DON'T LET ME UP, NO MATTER WHAT I SAY.

Lomax

Motherfucker. Just read an article about how Prison Architect changed the Early Access landscape, but it is $29. My brain is going "it's research, that's how you justify the cost". But it's also $29, when it was $4 during the Summer Seal. But then I'd also buy Lego Jurassic World cause my JW BR has an unlock code for extra characters. So then I'm $50 in the hole and I just payed $90 for prelim art for my next project, and I'm paying $200 to get my CTO out here next month.

We're less than a month from the beginning of the major sales, be strong!

Uraizen

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Uraizen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Resident Evil 4 -- MB-F6FCD71A0377E39D - Taken by TheLight. 9 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-8A77FBE96300880E - Taken by Deitus. 3 entrants total.

t1445403171z1.png

Yeah.

Kanokare

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS .gif

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

It's fascinating how many people got frustrated with the
stealth section. I feel like this reviewer in particular was trying to rush the section too quickly, as the stealth was so easy I only got caught once. The only way you are forced to "rewind over and over again" is if you don't stop for a second to watch the patrol pattern and walk through in the massive 10 second window each area gives you.

I saw someone in the spoiler thread mention they got lost in the opening 'hall' and ended up going in circles for a few minutes. Yet if one pays attention, you can clearly see the areas that aren't where you want to go are surrounded by an inky black mist, while the proper direction is not only lit up, but sprinkled with objects meant to catch your attention. Unless you're playing on a two inch screen, it's impossible to miss the giant pictures of the victims hanging in the distance, the lighthouse, etc.

Kuroyume

Banned
Capcom bundle is so impressive. Never would have thought they would put something like that together.

What's like the worst major publisher bundle done at that site? Ubisoft?

The game is a 9/10 easy if treated as a whole. I just played through the whole thing over a couple of days and loved it. And i rarely finish games.

Yeah, I've read good things about the game since the first episodes. Especially here in Steamgaf, everyone is adoring it. I really have to get it later after this year.

Capcom bundle is so impressive. Never would have thought they would put something like that together.

What's like the worst major publisher bundle done at that site? Ubisoft?

I rarely buy bundles, and it's easily the most impressive one that I've ever bought.

Didn't realise RE4 was added (good work, Uraizen)... that together with Remember Me makes deciding on a tier the only barrier.

Is RE5 GFWL still, or was it one of those Steamworks-updated titles?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Life is Strange episode 5 actually got me quite teary.

Never felt so emotion from a game like this.

One of my GOTY candidates.

I'll miss the cast and the settings. Despite some odd moments the cast shines andd the whole Arcadia Bay was full of life. The endings while IMO predictable are good closers to the game. It was a great ride and I might make another run but as a douchebag.

iosefe

I'll miss the cast and the settings. Despite some odd moments the cast shines andd the whole Arcadia Bay was full of life. The endings while IMO predictable are good closers to the game. It was a great ride and I might make another run but as a douchebag.

i plan on doing the comlete opposite of my run through

but damn, Life is Strange was quite the emotional journey. some of the in-game conversation near the end really applies in a hella meta kinda way

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-83B98AB1A09AF957 - Taken by dot. 6 entrants total.

t1445406418z1.png

Never forget.

Also, it's a humble gift link in case anyone's wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom