• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I track my steam discussions comments?
I think I followed an interesting topic the other day, but I forget which game and which topic it is.

Ozium

How do I track my steam discussions comments?
I think I followed an interesting topic the other day, but I forget which game and which topic it is.

there is a button to subscribe to that discussion and it will show up as a notification on steam

i think you can also have it set so that it auto subscribes to a discussion if you post.

there is a button to subscribe to that discussion and it will show up as a notification on steam

i think you can also have it set so that it auto subscribes to a discussion if you post.

So I have to subscribe first?
Too bad, I've already lost track of that discussion. I thought it works like forums where you can track your own posts.

Hektor

Party Hard. Maybe not as advanced as some of the other titles, but I've gotten 70 hours of enjoyment out of it.

.... what? 70 hours? For reals?

Also I see Ori and the Blind Forest isn't getting much love with all this GOTY talk. Kinda of a shame. Its probably the best pure platformer on steam.

Super Meat Boy as well as both the Ubiframework Rayman games exist in this universe.

Yep, that's it. I guess that's cool, but I already owned everything that was included. I suppose it means I won't have to pay for L4D3 or HL3 when they release
25 years from now

Do you really get the future games? I've read that a few times by now. 'Cuz I've won the Volvo complete pack back in the wintersale with the coal.

MUnited83

For you.
.... what? 70 hours? For reals?

Super Meat Boy as well as both the Ubiframework Rayman games exist in this universe.

Do you really get the future games? I've read that a few times by now. 'Cuz I've won the Volvo complete pack back in the wintersale with the coal.

You get the future games if your version is the "Family and Friends" one. I don't think the wintersale one was that version.

Dsyndrome

That last choice in LiS, let's see what end of the spectrum I end up on.
For the choice:
i think it's kinda bullshit how it's either Chloe or Arcadia Bay, she literally spent the entire game manipulating time, something could be worked out. I ended up sacrificing Arcadia Bay just to spite Chloe, letting her know that it was my choice after all. If I listened to her, Kate would've probably jumped off the roof earlier.
Still had fun with the game, Witcher 3 beats it out for GOTY though by a country mile for me.

Don't think I didn't notice that "It" reference, LiS. I know you secretly wanted clowns in this game.

Clowns?

aVaDQLf.png

Hektor

You get the future games if your version is the "Family and Friends" one. I don't think the wintersale one was that version.

The licence is called Holiday Sale 2011 Gift: Valve Complete 2011 Pack. Oh well.

That last choice in LiS, let's see what end of the spectrum I end up on.
For the choice:
i think it's kinda bullshit how it's either Chloe or Arcadia Bay, she literally spent the entire game manipulating time, something could be worked out. I ended up sacrificing Arcadia Bay just to spite Chloe, letting her know that it was my choice after all. If I listened to her, Kate would've probably jumped off the roof earlier.
Still had fun with the game, Witcher 3 beats it out for GOTY though by a country mile for me.

But the entire point of the episode was to show that nothing cant be worked out and that she'll make matters only worse with every jump. Like, thats why the tornado was there in the first place.

zkylon

zkylewd
so, lis ep 5 eh?

non spoiler review would probably be to say it's individually the weakest episode, but as a finale it works out really well, most things get tied up in a satisfying way and i watched all the endings i imagine there are and they all seemed ok to me. i liked the one i picked best, but i guess that's always the case since that's the 'canon' one in your head.

most complaints would be around the pacing of the episode, its middle bit stretches out too long and it's not the most engaging or enjoyable nor uses the game in the most engaging way possible. ep 5 also feels more cutscene-y than previous episodes, which i kind of expected, but i also lament cos one of my favorite things about lis has been just walking around and staring at things and listening to max make cringey comments about everything.
there's just too much fantastic dream sequence crap happening that you miss out on the whole small town teenager drama stuff which is kind of a bummer tbh

then there's the big thing,
which is the classic "your choices amount to nothing" thing. i don't really mind this so much in this case, as i feel that unlike in twd my choices in themselves were moments that affected me and had a lot of value themselves specially when rewinding them and seeing the other side of things. having said that, it always feels a bit cheap when you have a big ass decision box at the end that overwrites everything you did before. it makes sense in the way they framed the ending, but yeah, i sort of wish they had worked some way to just put my decisions in there, somehow. like, kate died in my playthrough, it just felt weird to see her at chloe's funeral. which, btw, was super random that all the ppl attending were max's classmates, but i'll let that pass :p

but tbh, i still liked it a lot, i wouldn't call it hella good, but it's alright. not the greatest episode, but the acting is great in this one since it's mostly focused on the main characters and i dunno, i'm pretty relieved it all just works out in a way that's very satisfying and emotional in a way that's been developed really well over the series.

Dsyndrome

The licence is called Holiday Sale 2011 Gift: Valve Complete 2011 Pack. Oh well.

But the entire point of the episode was to show that nothing cant be worked out and that she'll make matters only worse with every jump. Like, thats why the tornado was there in the first place.
Was the tornado magically not going to show up? She'd been widely manipulating time every which way up to this point. Didn't sacrifice Chloe, so I have no idea if the repercussions changed. Also surprised at the split, 46% to 54% with me being on the former. Thought it would've been way higher saving Arcadia Bay.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
For anyone that has played Knights of Pen and Paper 2, I've read that there is some crafting this time around. How involved is it and could I just ignore it completetly and not suffer too much for it?

Ah, but how many of them are friends he'll actually play with and how many are just +1's?

Does anyone know if the new Adventure Time game is still coming to Steam? It's out on consoles but there's no store page for it on Steam and the Little Orbit website doesn't seem to mention anything about a PC release.

Ludens

Banned
So, I have a problem after I reinstalled Steam: I can't use the Steam appid trick to do cards, because Steam won't show me in-game.
If I start a game via the shortcut, Steam shows properly I'm playing that game. But if I start the same title from the main directory of the game after I modified the steamapp id, Steam simply shows me as "online".
I installed the game in another partition, but I did the same even before formatting. I tried running the game as admin, but nothing changes.

Deques

Wrong thread I know, but anyone got the dlc for Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition Haunted Fall to trade?

Btw, when is the save file deleted? Is it when I start the game or when it is getting updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom