• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaurung

Do we have a separate thread for giving away excess Steam game keys?

If not, I have a free key for DmC Devil May Cry. First one to quote this post gets it.

Ozium

Do we have a separate thread for giving away excess Steam game keys?

If not, I have a free key for DmC Devil May Cry. First one to quote this post gets it.

nah, this is the premiere thread for giving away steam keys

source: modbot's default thread is this one

feel free to bring any future keys here!

;)

glaurung

Yea I just noticed that Capcom Humble Bundle thread pop up in the main gaming section. Amazingly, DmC was the only duplicate game from that collection.

*stares with horror at his Steam library... that he is never going to play

Put several hours into Saints Row IV so far, really enjoyed my time with it, but you can see how the engine Volition created for Saints Row The Third, specifically the streaming system, is really being taxed and pushed by the speed through the player can zip through the world. Things like ambient pedestrians don't load properly, it takes a while for the menu, sometimes it takes a while for interiors to load in and become accessible or something as basic as holstering your weapons to become responsive after you've zipped through a large portion of the open world. I've also encountered a few hangs where the game completely freezes and I almost alt-tabbed to kill the .exe a few times but after waiting a bit the game catches up and resumes functioning.

Those hiccups aside, Saints Row IV is a tremendously enjoyable game. Setting-wise it's basically Enter the Matrix, only with aliens instead of robots. Gameplay-wise it's just Crackdown with shades of Infamous. You can leap over tall buildings in a single bound, run as fast as The Flash, virtually fly for blocks, shoot energy projectiles and then do all of the typical GTA-ish stuff on top of that. Not that you'll want to use cars beyond the missions where you're supposed to steal specific ones.

Really glad I picked it up during a sale.

Hektor

Well, 67 hours, to be exact. It's exceptionally easy to jump into a level within moments of starting up the game. I've more or less mastered the whole thing.

I was so disappointed in the game. I refuse to believe that someone would put so much time into it. Did i missed something in the game?

Was the tornado magically not going to show up? She'd been widely manipulating time every which way up to this point. Didn't sacrifice Chloe, so I have no idea if the repercussions changed. Also surprised at the split, 46% to 54% with me being on the former. Thought it would've been way higher saving Arcadia Bay.

As i understood, the tornado and all the other natural disasters from the other episodes were a cause of the time jumping and would get worse and worse with each jump. I did sacrifice chloe and what max did was jumping back to he moment where she got her powers and then watched chloe die in the fight with Nathan, basically undoing all the timejumping of hers, like the game never happened and therefore also undoing the natural disasters.

Yea I just noticed that Capcom Humble Bundle thread pop up in the main gaming section. Amazingly, DmC was the only duplicate game from that collection.

*stares with horror at his Steam library... that he is never going to play
Curating a sizable backlog is a skill, not a burden. Finding those deals and procrastinating constantly takes a lot of effort--more than one would think.

Oh, the life of a Steam gamer.

I was so disappointed in the game. I refuse to believe that someone would put so much time into it. Did i missed something in the game?

It's pretty hard to screw up "man goes around at party killing people". You probably got frustrated with the clairvoyancy of the cops who chase you. There are plenty of ways to work around it.

It's probably the most fun I've had in a game this year.

Deques

Arthea

Talking about Ubi, I got that e-mail about Ubi club and uplay win, have read it two times just to be sure I'm not missing anything, it goes like this:

blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda, nothing changed

yours Ubi

thanks for letting me know, Ubi, I guess

oh!
Thanks

edited: but it's less than 7% of shares, that's hardly something to fight against

L.O.R.D

That HTC A9 thread is hilarious, it's like the ironic "Apple invented..." comic and remarks coming to real life.

android/phone threads are always like that
that's why i don't post there that much

"You don't have the last phone that was released month ago ? bffff , what a poor man"

Hektor

Rebelion bought rights for Woolfe - The Red Hood Diaries

https://twitter.com/Rebellion/status/656772528241836032

Aside from developing our own IP, Rebellion occasionally acquires unique and exciting projects from other developers, and we like to think we have one of the most diverse games portfolios out there.

Their recent output:

XvHskB2.png

ayy

dex3108

Kind of weird, they bought the rights but in the Kickstarter update they don't seem to really have any idea about the future of the game. I don't know why you would buy it unless you were planning to do something with it.

They first need to see how coding is done and get familiar with that code. After that they can promise things regarding game itself. There is nothing worse than getting someone else work to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom