• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a bad deal. They should be given it for free, because of this.

I don't really understand why they would fulfil the kickstarter rewards if they, at the moment, won't do anything with the game

The devs were on their last leg, I would imagine they got a good enough deal that it's worth it in the long run. I'm sure the potential of the IP and what they saw in it was worth whatever they paid.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
PayDay 2's controversial £1.60 drill tweaked following microtransactions outcry

Unscrewed.

PayDay 2 developer Overkill has tweaked the way one of its controversial in-game items works following an outcry over last week's addition of microtransactions to the game.

The multiplayer shooter's recent Black Market Update let you crack open safes for random drops of loot - but you had to buy a £1.60 drill to open them.

Inside the safes are weapon skins with gameplay-changing effects you can either use yourself or choose to sell on. Many players have labelled these weapon skins pay-to-win items.

The whole thing links up with Steam's own Community Market, where items can be resold or traded among players. It's a similar system to other shooters such as Team Fortress 2, although that game is available for free.

Now, Overkill has tweaked PayDay 2 to include the drills in normal loot drops, meaning you can earn them through normal play.

Here's the relevant part of the patch notes:

• Added Drills to the Card Loot Drop reward table. Players can now be rewarded with Drills that can open Safes after successfully completing a heist.

It's not a full back-track on PayDay 2's controversial microtransactions as you can still buy those drills for real world cash. And it's worth remembering that Overkill once promised players microtransactions would never be added to the game. But it's a tweak in the right direction.

As you'd expect, the PayDay 2 community, still seething from the addition of microtransactions, has cast a cynical eye on the move.

OkPNaq8.jpg

fantomena

The Solus Project will be launching as early access on Steam, Xbone and GOG early 2016. So GOG will be getting it's own early access programme.

Source: Press release.

Edit:

THE SOLUS PROJECT Heads To Steam, Early Access, Game Preview on Xbox One and GOG

GRIP and Teotl’s ambitious single-player survival game to launch on Xbox One and PC at the beginning of 2016

Prague/Uppsala, 21st October 2015. GRIP Digital s.r.o. and Teotl Studios are jointly readying their unique adventure The Solus Project for an early 2016 release across PC and Xbox One via the ID@Xbox self-publishing program. Launching simultaneously on each platform – Steam via Early Access, GOG and with Game Preview on Xbox One – The Solus Project is an engrossing first-person survival game, and the brainchild of industry legend Sjoerd 'Hourences' De Jong.

Stranded on a deserted alien planet and with your home planet of Earth on the brink of destruction, The Solus Project challenges you to survive the harsh, volatile environment and find a way to send a signal back home. Confronted with merciless weather, and danger lurking around every corner, the player must save the human race while unraveling the deep secrets of the seemingly deserted alien civilization. Are you alone on the planet…?

“We are really excited that The Solus Project has been accepted as a Game Preview title on Xbox One and that it will be able to launch alongside the Steam Early Access release. ” said Jan Cabuk, CEO of GRIP Digital. “Following its release via Early Access and Game Preview on Xbox One, The Solus Project will evolve right in front of players’ eyes. We will be taking an episodic approach during our Early Access/Preview time by adding level per level of the large alien world. During our relatively short and focused test phase players will on a regular basis see new features and quests, and we will incorporate their feedback to create a truly unique survival and narrative experience,” added Sjoerd De Jong, CEO of Teotl Studios.

Developed using Unreal Engine 4, The Solus Project will be regularly updated across all platforms, and the final version of the completed game will be available by Q2 2016. The official Steam page and the Steam community page are now live:

Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/313630/
Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/app/313630
YOUTUBE: https://youtu.be/w0xk1844Zn8

Phinor

The Solus Project will be launching as early access on Steam, Xbone and GOG early 2016. So GOG will be getting it's own early access programme.

Having to send patches to multiple platforms, sites and stores is always a problem of its own, especially in early access when you might have to patch multiple times a day. I'm still waiting for the 80 Days patch to hit Android on Humble. (Most?) other platforms were patched three weeks ago.

Something to think about as we are getting more and more platforms on PC (and Android). If your game sells 500 copies in one store that requires its own patching process, at some point you as the developer might think it's not worth it.. or just forget about it altogether.

Teppic

Pretty happy about the RE4 addition in the humble bundle. Ducktales would have been better since I've already played RE4, but I'm interested in how the HD project will turn out and will probably do a playthrough wonce it's completed.

Saints Row IV is taking the piss out of Mass Effect, when you exit the simulation you have options to talk to or romance the two crew members aboard the space ship.

Press X to Romance Kinzie. "Hey Kinzie, wanna fuck?"

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Tales of Zestiria thoughts 10-hours in:

About 10 hours in taking my time, playing on Combat Hard Difficulty, at the point where I'm about to go fix a bridge by climbing a mountain. I'm enjoying this a lot more than I expected, I kind of lowered my expectations before playing because of various word of mouth things I had heard from importers, but at least 10 hours in I'm quite enjoying it so far. It's a bit different than the Tales of Games I've played (I've only played Symphonia, Vesperia, Graces, and Dawn of the New World), the combat sort of 'stamina' system, the lack of things like magic points, the fact elemental usage actually plays a huge role in combat, and a lot of other minor and bigger things, is making it feel quite a bit different than the other entries I've played. But I don't dislike it. I think so far it's not the best of the series I've played, but I also am enjoying it and think it's a different sort of game from the entries I've played.

But I actually am liking the characters, they've grown on me personally the last few hours, English dub on, they're tropey but then the whole Tales series characters are, and they have some good developments and growing relations with each other, and I could see some being annoyed by some of the character quirks, but I've found them endearing. I also suspect this may play a role either, I know a lot of Japanese players were upset at the lack of Alisha in the game, but while she party hops in and out at times, so far she's actually played a pretty big role and has been in my party for extended periods of time. Also, personal opinion, of the Tales of games I've played, this one has my favorite soundtrack by far thus far.

Story is kind of basic thus far, but the characters have been carrying it for me well enough. Graphical quality ranges from some areas having very good art direction and some areas not looking great, but I like it overall. The game also has gotten more enjoyable the more it's opened up. I'll say the last four hours I've played have been more enjoyable than the initial six, but I didn't dislike the initial six hours either (but think it picks up after your first 'real' dungeon, and you learn the ability of how you can combine).

My thoughts will continue to develop, and I still know there's a lot I haven't encountered, but so far, from all of the complaints about Zestiria I had heard before it came to the West, I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit.

In other words, I think the game is pretty cool.

0F0B4562DC062E9D6649058C3C2A066D676166C8

L.O.R.D

talked to the dev
its a subscription based , but only for one time
215 SAR or $57 for life time

it was free in the test beta

also , this game is not 100% steam , when you buy it , you get a serial number to activate it on their website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom