• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

getting every single objective in a stage on a single first try OlliOlli2 run

drkpt.gif

Uzzy

They always have but not if you use an adblocker.

Don't know about adblocker. Never seen an ad for it.

More seriously, I'd be interested if there was a way to directly reward content creators through YouTube. Guys like Arumba and Maximillion make great content that's relevant to my interests, so I'd happily throw them some cash.

Just generally filling a megacorps coffers to do shit I can already do? No chance.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just updated idle master for the first time since the first one (yes, im THAT lazy), I dig the new version, pretty snazzy shack. also much easier to setup these days

Phawx

YouTube Red is kind of necessary. Not that I am making any real money from YT, but for those who are treating it as a job (not just gaming YT) lots of them have seen close to 50% less income since last year.

It'll be interesting to see how things unfold, I don't think YT would see nearly the traffic it gets if it enforced subscription or if they did a Hulu type of model where you couldn't see the newest video from a channel you subscribe to until a week later or whatever.

just updated idle master for the first time since the first one (yes, im THAT lazy), I dig the new version, pretty snazzy shack. also much easier to setup these days

3 minutes to set up the new idlemaster vs. all the time wasted idling 1x1...

Sometimes you have to choose the right way to be lazy, rhaknar-senpai.

zkylon

zkylewd
i guess i was a day late to the lis finale thing, nobody replied to my comments about it ;_;

I'm watching iZombie pilot right now.

The lead actress is pretty cute. I like her better with normal brunette hair.

I can see why Zkylon like the show.
Olivia is like a cuter, less grumpier, cuter, funnier, cuter, zkylon.

we all have our heroes

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Thanks! Also if you prefer the old version (for whatever reason), I just pushed an update to the Python branch to account for the layout changes Valve made to the badges page yesterday.

ur the joke
Amazing.
Don't know about adblocker. Never seen an ad for it.

More seriously, I'd be interested if there was a way to directly reward content creators through YouTube. Guys like Arumba and Maximillion make great content that's relevant to my interests, so I'd happily throw them some cash.

Just generally filling a megacorps coffers to do shit I can already do? No chance.

Yeah that actually would be pretty neat.

Vlad

That depends on your playstyle. Also, all the fancy jumping and lunging does have more relevance when you face more variety of enemies.

What difficulty are you playing it in?

I'm playing on normal, and now that I think about it, I'm kind of hoping that the lunge ISN'T all that important, since I have yet to figure out how to activate it consistently. The instructions just say to "attack after coming to a stop". Despite a "lunge" attack being "stop then attack" being really, really counterintuitive, I just can't get it to activate every single time. I can do what feels like the same stop -> attack timing 10 times in a row and only get two lunges out of it.

dex3108

Damn LiS Episode 2 went dark fast. (yeah i am annoying because i didn't played game with you SteamGAF and i waited all episodes to come out :p)

zkylon

zkylewd
Damn LiS Episode 2 went dark fast. (yeah i am annoying because i didn't played game with you SteamGAF and i waited all episodes to come out :p)

not really annoying, just wrong

btw playing lis finale really put me in a the national mood

boxer is a good album

I'm playing on normal, and now that I think about it, I'm kind of hoping that the lunge ISN'T all that important, since I have yet to figure out how to activate it consistently. The instructions just say to "attack after coming to a stop". Despite a "lunge" attack being "stop then attack" being really, really counterintuitive, I just can't get it to activate every single time. I can do what feels like the same stop -> attack timing 10 times in a row and only get two lunges out of it.

You really shouldn't be complaining about the enemies being easy to kill then. Normal doesn't provide much of a challenge against grunts or bosses.

Anyways, are you using a m+kb setup or controller?

Just look at the feet. press the direction you want to move, as soon as the character takes one step in the animation (let it complete), immediately press the attack button and it will perform a lunge attack.

zkylon

zkylewd
I preordered too.

Sometimes, you just gotta have faith... and then it'll be rewarded a thousandfold.
nah like, i preordered it myself, but like, cmon, just play it -__-

tbh i ended having a similar experience to the ppl that waited for the finale cos my computer was busted for the release of eps 2-4

Arthea

In years past we've always counted episodic games by the date of their first episode, not their last. Having one or the other is good because if several episodes of the same game release in different years, it keeps the game from being eligible twice. However, this caused massive confusion last year with The Wolf Among Us.

Tales from the Borderlands got a single vote last year, placing it in 57th place.

If everyone agrees, we might change that rule this year to only allow episodic games whose last episode released that year rather than the first. Thoughts?

It totally makes sense to count the year when last episode is released, I agree with the rest

but what about different kind of episodic games? like Higurashi, where one episode basically still is a finished thing and longer than some full games are? Does it mean that I will have to wait for years and years to vote for the first episode, Onikakushi, which actually is (and will be) in my GOTY list for this year.

edited: IDK what are you guys talking about, as far as I can remember none of older Ys games is easy on normal and I need to get to playing newer games already.

Vlad

You really shouldn't be complaining about the enemies being easy to kill then. Normal doesn't provide much of a challenge against grunts or bosses.

Actually, the bosses have been plenty challenging. This "girl-with-pitchfork" boss is actually rather annoyingly difficult and is making me wish the game had some sort of block or dodge button. I always pick "normal" or whatever the "regular" difficulty is in games that give the option. I always figured that "normal" is the option intended as the "standard" experience. It's not really that I'm finding the enemies too easy, it's just that the combat in general is rather dull.

Anyways, are you using a m+kb setup or controller?

Just look at the feet. press the direction you want to move, as soon as the character takes one step in the animation (let it complete), immediately press the attack button and it will perform a lunge attack.

Well, just keyboard, as there doesn't seem to be any benefit to using the mouse. You're telling me to walk and hit attack, while the game's saying to walk, stop, then hit attack. Either way, from my googling it seems I'm far from the only person having this issue. On top of that, I think the boss I'm currently at combined with the half-baked combat system is starting to put me off of the game anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom