• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I suck ass at pulling a bigspin flip out of a crooked grind apparently :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ss_f33622ad529f91fcd66d6eda02e5609445b277c0.600x338.jpg

Do it. Great game and it's fairly short.

Jawmuncher

I stuck with Liara the entire game, no cheating here. Made the Shadow Broker DLC all the more sweeter. Which reminds me how disappointing it is that EA hasn't tried to rework DLC on Origin. I would pay again for DLC if it wasn't tied to a shit point system.

Arthea

Either
http://ifreesamples.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/zesty.jpg[/IMG
or:
[IMG]http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/373390/ss_f33622ad529f91fcd66d6eda02e5609445b277c0.600x338.jpg?t=1439918814[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Zesty won't be in my GOTY list, it's clear to me already, so it can wait, and I already finished Contradiction!
Aside from couple of spooky games for Halloween I intend to play mostly games that might end on my GOTY list, it's probably too late to start the Witcher, and I waited this long, I can wait till all dlcs are released. So, not buying any new games, it's between PoE, now when 2.0 is released, and Trails SC, if released, which I will buy regardless how many unfinished games I have, both are long games tho. Or I can stop resisting and buy Skylines and Rebel Galaxy, but I really shouldn't. Or... I can play Borderlands and GoT VNs, maybe even LiS!
nah... way too many choices, I'll better stop here.

Khronico

Speaking of Mass Effect, who was everyones "waifu"?:D I'm legit curious.

I ended up not caring that much at all about any of the romance options.

For some reason the romance stuff in ME was not interesting to me in the slightest, I found building friendships with my team members to be way more engaging.

Only romanced Liara in 1 because she approached me in a dialogue scene and I felt it would be kinda mean to brush her off.

Me and Kaidan were bros for life though.

This brings up a slightly related questions: Did anyone play 1-3 as a renegade Shep?

I ended up not caring that much at all about any of the romance options.

Only romanced Liara in 1 because she approached me in a dialogue scene and I felt it would be kinda mean to brush her off.

Me and Kaidan were bros for life though.

This brings up a slightly related questions: Did anyone play 1-3 as a renegade Shep?
Renegade is the only playthrough that makes sense. Face annihilation and don't blink--do whatever it takes to succeed.

Arthea

I just noticed that for such a great bundle that Capcpom HB is... it isn't selling that good as one would think. I wonder why

Renegade is the only playthrough that makes sense. Face annihilation and don't blink--do whatever it takes to succeed.

Renegade Femshep starting in ME2.

I played mostly renegade shep starting in ME2 on x360 (romanced Liara in ME1 because eff the space racist; romanced Miranda in ME2 first, but got all of them eventually as I 1000/1000 and platinumed the game and I think there were trophies/achievements for those)... when I went to PS3 and replayed it, that's when I created my Femshep and decided the rabid fanbase was right for once and Femshep is canonical. :D

Khronico

Renegade Femshep starting in ME2.

I played mostly renegade shep starting in ME2 on x360... when I went to PS3 and replayed it, that's when I created my Femshep and decided the rabid fanbase was right for once and Femshep is canonical. :D

Hmmmmm looks like SteamGAF does roll a FemShep.

Edit: Well apart from that frosty fellow.

Maybe it's because I've never actually played femshep, but I thought male shep was pretty good, at least in terms of a renegade playthrough.

i roll default male shep

sue me
BROTHER
Every other male shep I've tried to make looks horrendous so I just go default.

inm8num2

While the game itself will miss another Halloween, Senscape has posted the entire intro for their Kickstarted Asylum.

They also recently added a batch of new screenshots as a public update over the weekend!

http://i.imgur.com/ZXo1Ude.jpg[/imgs]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/z97eBKO.jpg[/imgs][/QUOTE]

Saw the KS update last weekend but cool to see the intro video. I actually first watched the intro a couple years ago (was very lucky to meet Agustin) - the updated version looks great. Asylum is going to be a fantastic horror adventure.

If anyone would like a similar experience to prepare for Asylum, give Scratches a look (though I think it was removed from digital stores due to an expired publishing deal).

Grief.exe

I stuck with Liara the entire game, no cheating here. Made the Shadow Broker DLC all the more sweeter. Which reminds me how disappointing it is that EA hasn't tried to rework DLC on Origin. I would pay again for DLC if it wasn't tied to a shit point system.

EA should just add the DLC officially to any owner of the game, Origin or Steam. Generate some good will and word of mouth instead of pervasive negativity.

BROTHER

I was going to say the same thing.

Khronico

I'm not sure why but every time I attempt to play a femshep it feels off.

It feels like I'm breaking canon even though I know that's a ridiculous notion.

Default male shep is on the box so I play as default male shep.

EA should just add the DLC officially to any owner of the game, Origin or Steam. Generate some good will and word of mouth instead of pervasive negativity.

I would replay the entire series right now if they did that.

YOU HEAR ME EA?

Arthea

is there a way to buy a gift of a HB bundle at a price I had when I bought said bundle and not the present price? Anybody?

I'm not sure it would do any good now, too late, I'm certainly not going to replay any ME ever.

Dr Dogg

The only way to play ME is to not play it, because those goddamn maniacs killed the entire franchise.

Yes I still mad.

We had just moved when ME3 came out, we had no internet and my PC was in storage so I played it on 360 in a vacuum essential. I though the game was pretty sweet and while the ending did leave with blue balls (not the colour ending I picked admittedly) I wasn't that pissed about it. About 3 weeks later did I only catch up with the OT on GAF and the rest of the internet on fire.

Though the first is always going to be my favourite as that was the one where I felt the game, whilst really confined in actuality did end up deceiving you into thinking it had a massive scope. Dialogue choices weren't so diametrically opposed and did have a little nuance to them and while the shooting mechanics were absolute bollocks the powers were where it was at. Plus stats actually mattered regards to your character sheet.

FemShep here; Miranda in case you were curious

B bu but isn't that kind of cheating? I can't remember if you did that if you got either MaleShep's voice over or you had to engage subtitles to know what was going on when hacking in the 'Forbidden Romances'

Cth

I'm not sure why but every time I attempt to play a femshep it feels off.

It feels like I'm breaking canon even though I know that's a ridiculous notion.

Default male shep is on the box so I play as default male shep.

Have you played Sunset Overdrive by chance?

Maybe it's because I've never actually played femshep, but I thought male shep was pretty good, at least in terms of a renegade playthrough.

BROTHER

I couldn't handle "Tom Brady with a buzzcut" Shep.

Yep. Lots of salt

true

I know one person responded in there and has put 15 hours into it (patched) and said what that Reddit user described isn't what he played after the patch...and others have told people to check out other GAF members opinions on their time with the game as well but people ignore all of that because it doesn't fit their pre-formed opinion that the game is bad

I'm not saying the game will be great or terrible but the footage I've seen looks like I'll enjoy it.

r3n4ud

true

I know one person responded in there and has put 15 hours into it (patched) and said what that Reddit user described isn't what he played after the patch...and others have told people to check out other GAF members opinions on their time with the game as well but people ignore all of that because it doesn't fit their pre-formed opinion that the game is bad

I'm not saying the game will be great or terrible but the footage I've seen looks like I'll enjoy it.
Here's hoping it'll be good. Either way, can't wait until Friday :)

Cth

Hrm, imagine if Telltale made an Assassin's Creed/Borderlands game with Randy Pitchford's help.

Imagine what THAT thread would be like.

Uzzy

Guess this never happened then, eh? ;)

I wish it didn't.

We had just moved when ME3 came out, we had no internet and my PC was in storage so I played it on 360 in a vacuum essential. I though the game was pretty sweet and while the ending did leave with blue balls (not the colour ending I picked admittedly) I wasn't that pissed about it. About 3 weeks later did I only catch up with the OT on GAF and the rest of the internet on fire.

Though the first is always going to be my favourite as that was the one where I felt the game, whilst really confined in actuality did end up deceiving you into thinking it had a massive scope. Dialogue choices weren't so diametrically opposed and did have a little nuance to them and while the shooting mechanics were absolute bollocks the powers were where it was at. Plus stats actually mattered regards to your character sheet.

I played the whole game in a weekend, and just spent the next week in some kind of depressed daze, wondering what the hell just happened. Didn't even see the internet reaction till I finished it. But at least contributing to the fire helped with the grieving process somewhat.

I totally agree with you on ME1 though. Now that's an amazing title, and easily the best in the series.

Mass Effect 1 was definitely the most well-realised game in the series. I appreciate the gameplay improvments in the sequels, but Mass Effect 1 just tried (and succeeded) at doing so much more than its predacessors.

Continuing in that direction, more focused on world-building, it could've been the Star Trek of video games.
i roll default male shep

sue me

Male Shep definitely looks the best, but the dude's voice always sounded like it was going through a filter of some sort, like a machine. I can't stand it.

Jennifer Hale's performance always seemed more lively and real to me. She put a lot more emphasis where it mattered and gave Shepard personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom