• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kinggi~

Banned
FF 13 series gets a bad rap because of its status as final fantasy and its release schedule getting delayed. At the end of the day as a JRPG trilogy on steam its actually pretty great. Story is batshit, but the game looks and sounds beautiful and the combat system is ultimately fun. I look forward to playing through all 3 games at some point. Ive never played the 3rd one though so it could be shit but i doubt it.

given me games with actual gameplay

Then I have the game for you, it's called Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

If you played one Zelda game, you've played them all. Mario's been stale for years, and what other franchises are worth mentioning? None I would say, a crap fighter and boring kart racer are just as boring as they sound.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I kinda glad I didn't bother to finish XIII myself. Turns out XIII-2 is just worse or more of the same?
LR is kinda different though, so I hope I'll enjoy this one.

The cast in LR is still awful despite changes. The visuals are more downgraded and the combat system is not that revolutionary but the outfits are nice? (FFX has better outfits)

If you played one Zelda game, you've played them all. Mario's been stale for years, and what other franchises are worth mentioning? None I would say, a crap fighter and boring kart racer are just as boring as they sound.

Lmao is this some old copypaste?

Oh, whew! I was thinking of buying A Link Between Worlds, but I've already played Zelda, Zelda II, OoT and Majora's Mask, so....fuck it. Thanks for saving me some money!

No problem, it's the like the worst example of rehashing of a series ever. Let me guess, A Link Between Worlds has Zelda saving a princess from some bad dude right? And he has to collect all of his items for the 20th time because of reasons?

Lmao is this some old copypaste?

If speaking mad truth is copypasta then yes it is.

Have been searching for a Vermintide game for ten minutes, surely a good sign for the future

According to Steam there's a little over 8,000 people playing at the moment, so people are playing, but maybe matchmaking is bugged? It's still a "beta" so maybe whatever network issues are going are going to be in a day one patch or something. Maybe make a lobby yourself?

derExperte

No problem, it's the like the worst example of rehashing of a series ever. Let me guess, A Link Between Worlds has Zelda saving a princess from some bad dude right? And he has to collect all of his items for the 20th time because of reasons?

Also time travel. And you can become 2d Link and walk on walls. Riveting stuff.

Still worth the 15 bucks it now costs.

Dsyndrome

Problem with this fall is a new RPG is releasing every week that I want to play; two weeks ago was Wasteland 2, then Tales of Z, next week's Divinity Enhanced, then Fallout 4; still haven't beaten Witcher 3, Shadowrun DF, Age of Decadence, Baldur's Gate, or FFXIII/XIII-2/Type-0.

I want to play them all but have little time compared to previous years since I'm not just working a 7:00-3:30 job now, but have to study stupid calculus and grad elec. engineering work. Was surprised I got through LiS Ep. 5 in one evening, Telltale games take longer than that for me.

I want a couple months off for videogames without the stigma of taking a month off for videogames. That or let me go back to being in high school with zero responsibility but with the income I now have.

If speaking mad truth is copypasta then yes it is.
Lol ok I thought I read something like this in idk 2007-2008.

Preach it!
Although I wasn't aware that Nintendo had a fighter on it's platform.

The cast in LR is still awful despite changes. The visuals are more downgraded and the combat system is not that revolutionary but the outfits are nice? (FFX has better outfits)

Remember: this man loves DoA games.

According to Steam there's a little over 8,000 people playing at the moment, so there's people playing, but maybe matchmaking is bugged?

Either that or maybe people don't like him. ;)

That post was sarcasm by the way

There are many ways to speak the truth.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of steadfast, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (steadfast, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-882D83CE3349660B - Taken by Nyteshade517. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-FA1934BCED09B204 - Taken by aw350. 24 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Bionic Commando: Rearmed was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for DmC: Devil May Cry was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1445485238z1.png

Well, shit.
I guess I'll play a mmo in December instead then. No more noticeable rpgs this year after Fallout 4.
Edit: But Rollercoaster Tycoon is due this December it seems, I hope it's good.

Jawmuncher

I played the other two Final Fantasy XIII games, with LR being on PC. I'm finishing this damn trilogy come hell or high water. If it can just be a tad bit better than XIII-2 i'll be alright.

Ozzy's game of the year is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Kojima is his hero, we should all chip in so we can send Ozzy to Japan and meet his hero.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-AECAB9AA03DC2088 - Taken by dot
t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-99FDF15B0A51BF88 - Taken by Bayonetta
t1cxE6r.gif
LOST PLANET 3 -- MB-617004C7FE81A7DC - Taken by darkchewie
STRIDER -- MB-88F793B7E27588EE - Taken by Syphon Filter

Lomax

Used to be, you could come to SteamGaf to escape all the pointless mudslinging and hostile crap of the rest of the forum. But I guess we just got too many console ports.

The "Game X was released Y years ago" threads are somewhat becoming the trends (again) on gaf lately.
I guess I'm gonna make one myself later.

Jawmuncher

I hereby decree the Nintendo Discussion shall be silenced henceforth. So that we can get back on topic. To topics such as anime, soccer (football), or whatever else we do in this thread. Ah steam games/PC games that's what this thread is about.

Mario games have more story than MGS 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom