• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werd

Apparently the newer ones only have cloud saving if you log in with your telltale account.

Looks like it from a quick search, would be nice if they had mentioned it on the menu option (or just had the steam version work through steam..), but at least it should work then. Thanks.

Valid, but is it worse than 13?

Well... there's no Sazh... and there's no Vanille.
So even without Fang... it's got to be an increase in quality.

I wish Steam locked down achievements so we could have an achievement hunt again.

I don't. Such a weight was lifted from my backlog when I decided that I was okay with using SAM to "sync" trophies and achievements earned on consoles to my Steam account. Being able to game on my Vita and then turn around and move the game to my _FINISHED category after using SAM to sync up my achievements is better than the meta-game from back then.

The meta was really fun at the time, but looking back on it, I was a hell of a lot more compelled to waste money on games that looked decent and had achievements that looked attainable for meta-rewards than I am these days where I can base my purchase on price alone.

Unai

In yesterday's maintenance, Valve updated the badges page so that it works with the new responsive design principles they've been rolling out. As a result, it broke most of the Enhanced Steam functionality on that page.

I'm hoping to have another maintenance release ready in the next few hours to fix this.

Got it! Thanks for the answer!

Playing a multiplayer coop game while very drunk is a terrible idea but I was still the number one player for the Warhammer Vermintide match woot

Ozium

It's been almost 11 years since Half Life 2 came out and I'll never forget how incredible the opening was.. I mean.. its not possible to describe it. All the feelings..
Thats one of the epic moment's I'll never forget in my life, I'm sure I'm gonna tell this adventure my kids

How you're thinking about the intro of Half Life 2 SteamGAF ? Still in your heart ?

It's been almost 11 years since Half Life 2 came out and I'll never forget how incredible the opening was.. I mean.. its not possible to describe it. All the feelings.. Thats one of the epic moment's I'll never forget in my life, I'm sure I'm gonna tell this adventure my kids
It's majorly disappointed me compared to Half-life 1's superior opening. The whole part until the actual game starts. Brilliant.

I couldn't resist. I pre ordered the steam controller on amazon. :| same day as fallout 4, nice. Jshacks if you don't want yours I'll buy it off you... for $40...

Is it worth buying Fallout 4 now with GMGs 20% discount coupon or should I wait??

do you want it day one? I'd get it if you want it day one.

Lain

Milamber alert

OK so the new comics bundle has some interesting titles in it, all I can say from seeing the comics offered is that the art is good
https://www.humblebundle.com/books

But the fact you get the original 90s Witchblade comic for as little as $1 is a good bargain
Note that tier 3 features Sunstone, at elast 1 ComicGAFfer can vouch for this series. All I know about it is that it has fantastic art and lesbians.

So yeah consider getting it :p

I'll vouch for Sunstone, it is great. It has great art and the BSDM theme is pretty cool. I've bought the physical releases of the first 3 volumes and they're pretty great.

Go out on a high, you're never going to top that Max Max write up.
:( I'm glad you enjoyed the Mad Max one so much but I have to at least try!

Gah. Conflicted.

I do want it day one though. Hmmm.

look at it this way, if you pre ordered it now, would you play the game once its out or are you going to be playing other stuff? if you'll be playing FO4, get it. I mean we all know its going to be buggy and if you can look past that like you did for other beth games you know you're in for a good time. do they discount dlc? nah, they're pretty cheap about that but you still get a lot of game in the vanilla version anyway.

or you can wait a year or more for the GOTY edition with all the dlc and a nice chunk of glitches fixed.

I shall be there day one, bugs and all. but thats cause I got it for $30 :)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I should probably play with other characters besides the Warrior in Gauntlet
tumblr_inline_nu5rgfSooL1qiczkk_75sq.png

gelf

It's been almost 11 years since Half Life 2 came out and I'll never forget how incredible the opening was.. I mean.. its not possible to describe it. All the feelings..
Thats one of the epic moment's I'll never forget in my life, I'm sure I'm gonna tell this adventure my kids

How you're thinking about the intro of Half Life 2 SteamGAF ? Still in your heart ?

Seeing the G-man in the intro was the last time I can really say I was blown away by how good a games graphics looked compared to all I'd seen before. Since then I stopped caring.

you dont even like broforce tho

yes i do. don't tell me what i like and don't like ozzy :mad: do i have beef with the game? yea but every game has their flaws, besides maybe my issues with the game are finally fixed now that its going into 1.0, ill give it a try next weekend when I'm done with exams (which is also when ill be playing ep3-5 in Life is Strange, I look forward to seeing how that ends)

SteamGAF, I'm not gonna lie, SWTOR's new expansion sounds pretty good. It may actually be moving forward on the infamous KotOR 3-9 statement.
These conversations use a distinct letterboxing format, as well as a distinct font styling to set them apart visually. These conversations are characterized by their more character-centric nature, both in terms of storyline and cinematography.

Story character narrative lines in classic conversations are fully voiced as you have all come to expect. Player responses in classic conversations are presented as an open-ended list of response options, displayed in full (as opposed to in paraphrases), and are not voiced. The classic conversation format allows us to give you a much wider array of choices and potential outcomes, as well as more specific, complex, and subtle character reactions to your choices.
AllianceClassicConvo_854x480.jpg

The new content will overhaul companions and add new story content focusing on the first companion each class gets. Crucially, they are going to add an 'Alliance' mechanic that allows you to recruit other class' companions, which gives Bioware room to make permanent choices that affect companions; in other words, they're finally allowed to die for realsies.
Knights of the Fallen Empire, and the Build an Alliance Experience

Opposing the might of the Eternal Empire is not something that one can do alone. One of your major underlying goals throughout the Knights of the Fallen Empire story epic will be to build an Alliance capable of loosening (and maybe even breaking!) the Eternal Empire's grip over the galaxy.

• Recruit Companions From Other Classes: As you seek to build your Alliance, you will meet a host of characters, both new faces and old friends, including many of the origin class story Companion characters. In most cases, these Companions can potentially be recruited by members of any class, though some Companions may be less willing than others to so readily overlook old grudges.
  • Choices that Matter: Just as in the Knights of the Fallen Empire Chapters (and in some cases moreso), your decisions within Alliance content can have a considerable impact upon story outcomes. As a result of your actions, Companions may be rejected, rendered unavailable, or even killed.
  • The New Star Fortress Flashpoint: who cares!

Dammit, GAF, I continually let SWTOR get its nails into me. Like an addict, I am.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Half-Life 2, I finished up Half Life 2: Episode 2.

Was that the cliffhanger everyone has been complaining about? It's pretty obvious that
Eli's dead and they're going to blow up the Borealis when they get to it
, so I don't think it was too bad. Like the
portal
was resolved, so that was closure enough for me, I guess. I'm also not much of a fan of the way romance is written in this, but whatever. I thought it was pretty cool that
they killed off Alyx for a bit
. Didn't see that coming. After that point though, the game felt like such a slog. I feel like they took the gameplay I was least fond of in Half-Life 2 and just expanded on it here, from the driving to the collection aspects.

Overall, I'd say Episode 1 > Half-Life 2 > Episode 2.

Also, fuck that gnome.

Werd

Getting divinity for 15 was a smart move from traders. Game still hasnt been that cheap.

Yeah, did the same the day before launch. I took a long time to bother messing with trading, and then they started tearing it down within a few months.. but I got some pretty good deals in that time at least. Felt kind cheap and too good to be true though so wasn't surprised when the hammer came down.

My paypal hasn't worked with Nuuvem for months now either. Stuck with Steam, HB and occasionally GMG these days. A tragedy!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

My thoughts from a while back when IGN gave out beta keys:

I gave this a shot yesterday with a full group of friends and we found it pretty lacking as a multiplayer title. The developers have gone the 'instanced single player' route, which really doesn't work in such a simplistic, objective-based game. Rather than encouraging teamplay with backstabbing done as a survival element, everyone can just go off on their own to complete their objectives without ever needing to bother with another player. In our case, we intended to play it with full cooperation in mind, but found ourselves repeating tasks a few times when some friends hopped in a few minutes late. The instant-respawn system dissolves any tension which the game could build, essentially acting like the vita-chambers from Bioshock but with no real penalty other than maybe not making it back to your body before someone else loots it.

They want to go for the Day Z mode of operation but without a substantial game core around it to make a compelling argument for shooting that other guy in the face. Instead, every other player feels like they're completely disconnected from each other and exist almost exclusively to have that Day Z "Friendly?" moment once in a blue moon. Should this have been a much more hardcore survival game with more natural objectives, it probably would work better. As it stands, I feel like they need to overhaul the multi to force the group to operate as a team to keep progress cohesive rather than scattershot. Require the entire team to be present for an objective to be activated to prevent gaming the system by being on opposite ends of the map, while making life difficult for lone wolf players attempting to troll everyone by increasing spawns outside of the objective area. The potential for PvP could still be there if player names are removed, making it so that players can't exact revenge on the person who may choose to kill them for equipment. It'd instill a sense of paranoia that harkens back to The Thing.

Death should also be more punishing, but not instant. In single player, the formula works excellently. In a multiplayer setting, it just gets in the way. At the end of our session, in which we completed the beta's objectives in under 20 minutes, all 7 of my group came to the unanimous conclusion that Noct isn't really worth $10 if multiplayer is intended to be the focus. I hesitate to call it 'sloppy', but it was impossible to shake the feeling that it was an incomplete thought. I might still pick it up for the single player, at least.

I really want to beat Divinity this second time around, played it nonstop until the second act and just stopped for some reason I don't remember.

iosefe

SteamGAF, I'm not gonna lie, SWTOR's new expansion sounds pretty good. It may actually be moving forward on the infamous KotOR 3-9 statement.

The new content will overhaul companions and add new story content focusing on the first companion each class gets. Crucially, they are going to add an 'Alliance' mechanic that allows you to recruit other class' companions, which gives Bioware room to make permanent choices that affect companions; in other words, they're finally allowed to die for realsies.

Dammit, GAF, I continually let SWTOR get its nails into me. Like an addict, I am.

i've been playing for the last week, i subbed too. got the amazon pack, hell of a deal

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T8NURF8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm very excited for when KotFE launches next week

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blades of Time -- MB-DF30A7B6DD0A6FB0 - Taken by Vlad. 12 entrants total.

t1445564732z1.png

This is practically high art.

Everytime I see a SWTOR post, I really want to reinstall and jump back in. But then I remember that I still have lots of games to play right now. :(
I'm not sure if my agent is still alive, I hope she does.

zkylon

zkylewd
I recall reading somewhere that a lot of work has been put into beefing-up the game (and the writing, in particular) for everything post Act 1.
yeah, like, act 1 is great and doesn't need much improvement. that whole first town is filled with sidequests and wonky uses for the pyramids and all sorts of cool and weird stuff

after that it never again gets to that level of quality

but yeah they've said they were gonna improve the story and the second half of the game as part of the director's cut thingie

Did anyone have issues with using a controller on FF13-2? I'm trying to use my DS3 that I always use, but the mapping seems off. (Serah walks all the time...right stick doesn't control camer....'Square' open the menu...etc).

I tried a couple programs and it all seems the same.

Help?

You know im curious... Iashman, what's your favorite game you played this year on pc or do you just purchase games and not play em like your average steamgaf member?

impact

Banned
wow thats bad. i thought people swore ff13-2 is better tho. i can't enjoy a game that has a bunch of cutscenes of dick head characters saying dick head shit.

yea that's why I bought it at $60 on PS3 a couple weeks after launch. the game is just as awful as FF13. Serah is annoying, Noel is awful and annoying, the main big bad is hilariously bad and one of the worst FF designs ever, lots of the same annoying shit characters from FF13 are back and still annoying. Chocolina is p much the only thing in the game that isn't terrible.

then again this is on the front page of the GAF Steam group so I dunno, maybe this place is filled with masochists who would love FF13-2

K2ZZR5q.png

Ozium

Wait what? But winners were chosen in the chat?!

for Gauntlet

yea that's why I bought it at $60 on PS3 a couple weeks after launch. the game is just as awful as FF13. Serah is annoying, Noel is awful and annoying, the main big bad is hilariously bad and one of the worst FF designs ever, lots of the same annoying shit characters from FF13 are back and still annoying. Chocolina is p much the only thing in the game that isn't terrible.

then again this is on the front page of the GAF Steam group so I dunno, maybe this place is filled with masochists who would love FF13-2

K2ZZR5q.png

13 is garbage, 13-2 at least has better gameplay

the fact that pinball fx is listed is proof that this curator group is trash

impact

Banned
13-2 at least has better gameplay

How do you figure? They're pretty damn similar except the time traveling structured bullshit for levels and the removal of one character in place of a stupid ass monster for your third party member

plus the graphics and music are worse

Ozium

How do you figure? They're pretty damn similar except the time traveling structured bullshit for levels and the removal of one character in place of a stupid ass monster for your third party member

plus the graphics and music are worse

switching paradigms is faster and more useful than in 13, there are actually places to explore and sidequests to do--it's not just a long series of tunnels

I mean it's no LIGHTNING RETURNS but what is?

I kinda glad I didn't bother to finish XIII myself. Turns out XIII-2 is just worse or more of the same?
LR is kinda different though, so I hope I'll enjoy this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom