• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

You know, I like all kinds of stuff, I agree that I also like bad stuff, but I am confident in my range. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Frontalbrise

>Mirai Nikki
>9/10

This cruel world knows no justice.

I sometimes wonder if people are just trolling but no they are actually serious. GAF can be a very hilarious place sometimes.

Someone wrote in the QTE Thread that the only people who dislike QTE's are old people that are shit at them becasue they're old. He, so he says, is beeing serious.

The reviews are all over the place.

for leaking announcements? I don't think so, firstly they have to have inside sources even to be able to leak them, meaning not guilty really, secondly it's news, what do expect? If they leaked reviews before embargo ended, which is an agreement before publisher and the site not to, then yes. Announcements? no.

Sure. It's their product. At the end of the day, they control (officially) who gets advance copies. It isn't something I've ever agreed with, but it's the norm at most companies. No one wants to deal with a press outlet who goes out of its way to mess with your marketing/PR plan.

Sometimes, you have to play ball with the publisher/company to get exclusive access... and sometimes, you get a scoop from an inside source and weigh whether the increase in pageviews is worth a possible blacklisting.

Dr Dogg

I'd rather have an independent press that can report freely on games than one who is essentially a mouthpiece for a publishers marketing department any day.

pahamrick

Let's be honest, it's not like the next Assassin's Creed is the biggest scoop in the world, considering everyone knows there will be a new one year after year until they start to tank.

Jawmuncher

There is a pretty cool addition to AC Syndicate that they surprisingly didn't talk about.it was on the achievement list so it might have been talked about already.

AC SYNDICATE SPOILERS
Theres another playable female protagonist set during WWI in that area.

I'd rather have an independent press that can report freely on games than one who is essentially a mouthpiece for a publishers marketing department any day.

You have to strike a balance between the two extremes. Sure, you can have an independent press (and you may get scoops that net you hits), but some of the big pre-release playtest/demo events are what brings in interest from people. On the other hand, acting as a shill for a company does nothing for a publication's reputation.

It's important to judge situations as you see fit. I can speak from personal experience, in that there were times working at a community newspaper that I had to play ball with a company or person (go to a screening, do a interview/fluff panel because it was contingent on further access) to get the information I needed.

Then again, this is Gawker Media we're talking about. They literally give no fucks about getting blacklisted if they pick up a juicy scoop.

kurahador

Once there's a new AC game that feature a great story with cliffhanger ending, introduce plenty new ideas, has great multiplayer and polished gameplay, that will be the game that sold the worst and end the franchise.

Tizoc

So Butt Cream Syn seems usual fare for AC games. As much as I'm interested in the Victorian setting I am reminded that it's a Ubisoft game and my interest dwindles.

I think I'm gonna get Syndicate later.
It's been a while since I played an AC game. Like, 5 or 6 years ago. This one looks decent enough according to the reviews, and I love London.

Nickelback's "Silver Side Up" is one of the worst albums I've ever heard. It's like one brown note stretched into an hour. No creativity, no real change in the lyrics or subject matter, the dullest guitar playing you can think of and it all just blends together into a pile of shit.

Deques

This is from the GMG representative in /r/GameDeals

Regarding the Playfire credit expiration
GMG-PlayfireCS said:
Hey, so for now the only thing set in stone is that Playfire credit is expiring. You can fix this easily by linking your GMG account and it will transfer over. (Once it's GMG credit, it's safe from the Playfire expiration)
I think the big reason for this is we want to be able to offer vouchers that actually work with credit - and having too many ways to exploit that is very bad for us. As soon as a formal plan is announced I'll remember to post it up here, sorry for missing the Playfire one.

Regarding if GMG credit would expire
GMG-PlayfireCS said:
I didn't see that email, and I'm not in the office today, but I'll check and get back to this thread tomorrow.

Link to the discussion
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsM...playfire_gmg_credit_will_soon_expire_for_all/

Nickelback's "Silver Side Up" is one of the worst albums I've ever heard. It's like one brown note stretched into an hour. No creativity, no real change in the lyrics or subject matter, the dullest guitar playing you can think of and it all just blends together into a pile of shit.

Why are you listening to Nickelback? I live in Canada and have only heard the song "Photograph"

Parsnip

I'm looking forward to playing AC Syndicate.

I can imagine exactly what your FemShep looked like :p

I'm not jawmuncher, but...
shepard_me3_by_majorparsnip-d8emg1b.jpg

My Souls and Dragon Age characters have all been redheads too...

What have I become.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Inafune promises no more Mighty. No 9 delays, talks sequel

I bet the anime won't be delayed

The Mighty No. 9 situation is just silly to me at this point. After multiple delays, including a last-minute one that was perfectly timed around the Red Ash project's end, and an "apology" Flash game, it's almost like a circus. Now, project lead Keiji Inafune stepped in at Unreal Fest in Japan, to note that the game will not be further delayed, and February 12, 2016 is the final release date.

Additionally, as stated before, he re-iterates that the scale of the project is to blame, most notably the platforms involved and subsequent quality checks. He also brings up a sequel if the game does well -- of course there would be a sequel, in addition to the toy line, anime, and live action film that are actually real and are in the works.

Guys, do you think that the Capcom bundle average is going to reduce later on? I want to get it but as of now, it's too expensive for me. I should have got it when it was only 6$ orz

2015: the year where devs learned to blame everything on the scale of their game. "Sorry guys, I just wanted the game to be too good."

Another way to say it would be a mismanagement of budget and time, the two key constraints any project manager would work with. The ones that directly affect things like value and scope/scale.

so...AC Syndicate has almost 30 review scores in that thread of 7 or higher and is averaging around an 8 (which is what I expected...between 7-8)

and of course that means "scores are all over the place and are very divisive", "the series is dead" or "the ship has sailed" and not to mention "the lower scores are trustworthy"...plus "How can people still enjoy AC games?"

oh and the ever amusing "higher scores are just paid shills"

yep...it's an AC review thread

dex3108

so...AC Syndicate has almost 30 review scores in that thread of 7 or higher and is averaging around an 8 (which is what I expected...between 7-8)

and of course that means "scores are all over the place and are very divisive", "the series is dead" or "the ship has sailed" and not to mention "the lower scores are trustworthy"...plus "How can people still enjoy AC games?"

That Videogamer review will be quoted for months XD

If you spend hundreds of millions on a game, a 7 is pretty bad

Good scores should be the default for games of that size, so of course ""bad"" ones have more weight,

Arthea

Guys, do you think that the Capcom bundle average is going to reduce later on? I want to get it but as of now, it's too expensive for me. I should have got it when it was only 6$ orz

That's very unlikely it will go down after they added RE4, also it's still not expensive if you don't have any of those games.

If you spend hundreds of millions on a game, a 7 is pretty bad

or it could mean you haven't paid for scores enough, every time when this is said I remember GTA4 scores, I don't want this kind of thing repeating ever.

Did you figure it out. He just said that stopping something halfway is never a good time. Better to get a routine on the item so you're always enjoying it, even if it's little by little.

That's how I game. Couple hours a night. No more time for marathon sessions.

No. Fucking. Way!!!

http://news.nike.com/news/nike-mag-2015?cp=EUNS_AFF_WG_GB_54264

It's not 1st April right? Right?!?!?

Right?! I hate lacing my shoes. This is awesome.

Now I got "Photograph" playing in my head.

This one, right?

I'm so sorry.

I'm not jawmuncher, but...

My Souls and Dragon Age characters have all been redheads too...

What have I become.

One of us. It's the only way.

Parsnip

AC Syndicate scores are a bit all over the place (5-9 on 10 scale), I'm interpreting it as a good AC game. Some people just don't like AC games at all.
Plus bugs are weird. Some people can run through a game and never see them while others get every single thing.

The PC version hopefully benefits from whatever patches they can roll out before it launches. Looking forward to it.

One of us. It's the only way.
I'm okay with this.

Tizoc

Nope, BTAs rarely ever reduce in price, you should generally get it as early as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom