• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say I wouldn't finish it.

It's not like I am having trouble with it, just some of these enemy encounters aren't great.

The way your sentence was worded it made it seem like "oh, well, it's mediocre now, so I'd like to just dump the game and leave it unfinished." At least the way I read it. :)

Oh well. I am now eligible to the Rebel Galaxy giveaway XD

Not until someone takes it, you aren't.

Edit: praise fertygo.

The way your sentence was worded it made it seem like "oh, well, it's mediocre now, so I'd like to just dump the game and leave it unfinished." At least the way I read it. :)

Oh nah, if I was intrigued at first and put a decent amount of time in a mediocre game Ill finish it usually.

Only if I feel insulted or think a game is really bad I won't finish it. Or a section has to be really shit.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Total War™: WARHAMMER®

zgeUsRP.jpg

Dr Dogg

Wait? a Creative Assembly game that is more in the UK than anywhere else? Surely there's been some mistake here Sega? Saying that Rome 2 was way cheaper at retail than Steam and Alien Iso also had a pretty hefty Steam UK tax for a while.

I wouldn't be so sure. Gauntlet has exactly one piece of DLC on the Steam Store; the other 12 pieces are all pre-order/promo items.

Huh, didn't know that. I was going off the Mordor and Arkham stuff where they didn't hold back the preorder and exclusive dlc. Actually, now I think about it there was those two vanity packs for Arkham Origins that remained exclusive.

STEAMGAF, I have a laptop with a 4k display and I need to run some games at 1080p because otherwise the framerate goes to shit, the thing is, when I do this, some games dont stretch and cover the whole screen but appear at the middle of the screen with black borders in the rest of it . is there a way to fix this? I have an AMD card.

Dr Dogg

STEAMGAF, I have a laptop with a 4k display and I need to run some games at 1080p because otherwise the framerate goes to shit, the thing is, when I do this, some games dont stretch and cover the whole screen but appear at the middle of the screen with black borders in the rest of it . is there a way to fix this? I have an AMD card.

Have a look in Catalyst Control Centre for the Image Scaling box in My Digital Panels (or what ever it's called these day) and there should be a check box to enable GPU scaling. Make sure you have it selected as Scale to Full Panel or something like that.

Arthea

with some games disabling display scaling on high DPI settings help, you might want to try that.

ExoSoul

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Swipecart -- MB-DF757044A90A9E5B - Taken by dave is ok
Anoxemia -- MB-60F4709F2A72F604 - Taken by texhnolyze
Time Gentlemen, Please! & Ben There Dan That -- MB-4C138A296D84240E - Taken by Darth Kupi
Dead Bits -- MB-636A6F25A2AC2D95 - Taken by S1n1st3r

I have no idea what has been used and what hasn't besides Time Gentleman so... enjoy?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So what will we do when this thread reaches 400 pages, before the end of the month?

It's not a hard limit. Since November is almost upon us, the thread will just continue as-is; there'd be no point in creating a second October thread that would be as brief as it would be small.

What happened to your cute animu avatar? :(
I wanted to try something else. I like it but I'm not sure if I'll stick with it. I have trouble finding new ones.

It's still cute animu, in a way

The original popped up in my twitter feed and I was like daaaaamn
http://i.imgur.com/696yB92.jpg (Anime trigger warning)
We all know you can't resist GAF, Yian.

I won't have to since I actually venture into the dark world of the gaming side every once in a while.

It's not always a good idea though

Jazz573

It's not a hard limit. Since November is almost upon us, the thread will just continue as-is; there'd be no point in creating a second October thread that would be as brief as it would be small.

For some reason I thought the site didn't allow you to post past 400. :p

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Vivendi just bought even more stake in Ubisoft

It wants a seat at the table

Vivendi seemingly has its sights set on Ubisoft, and it doesn't look ready to back down. After an initial investment of $161 million last week, Vivendi just spent approximately another $111 million on Ubisoft stock.

That second stock acquisition bumped Vivendi's stake in the French publisher up from 6.6 percent to 10.39 percent. Along with the Ubisoft purchase, Vivendi again invested in Gameloft, raising its ownership from 6.2 percent to 10.2 percent. The two video game companies are connected in that they were both founded by Michael Guillemot.

The purchase is detailed in a press release published by Vivendi. In it, Vivendi makes it clear that it's possibly looking to own enough of the two companies as to be represented on their boards of directors. That would obviously give it enough input to partially influence decision-making.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot recently sent around an internal email calling the Vivendi investment "unsolicited and unwelcome." It's unknown if that was in response to the initial or second purchase; Vivendi acquired more stake on October 20, and word of Guillemot's email was published by GamesIndustry International on October 21. However, the actual date of the email wasn't reported.

It's worth noting that Ubisoft isn't earning any additional money on Vivendi's investment. Vivendi's buying up existing stock from shareholders, and Ubisoft hasn't issued any additional stock. It's easy to see why it doesn't sit well with Guillemot that a single entity is buying up large swathes of his company. Vivendi looks aggressive and relentless in its pursuit of Ubisoft. Something tells me we haven't heard the end of this saga.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
with some games disabling display scaling on high DPI settings help, you might want to try that.

Have a look in Catalyst Control Centre for the Image Scaling box in My Digital Panels (or what ever it's called these day) and there should be a check box to enable GPU scaling. Make sure you have it selected as Scale to Full Panel or something like that.

I dont see an option like that : (

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom