• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I've been playing Uncharted 3 and the amount of puzzles is a huge distraction to me. I want to shoot some bad guys and climb around in decently sized environments. I actually preferred how most puzzles in TR were side stuff you didn't have to bother with. So i'm hoping rise of the tomb raider is the same way. The advertising of actually "tombs" does nothing for me.

Shadownet

Banned
Assassin's Creed Syndicate Playstation 4 Version 1.00 Frame Rate Test

lashman posted this. Just wanted to chime in that I really like their performance visualization.

imb1lI8.jpg
That's actually pretty smooth. I half expected it to tank to low 20's once the train sequence begins.

Durante

Does 8x SGSSAA really has such a cost?

I've tried in in Zestiria, pretty much maxed my 970.
4x SGSSAA results in 30-40% utilization.
FXAA is 10-15%.
Well, it's pretty much exactly two times as much pixel shading load as 4x.

Any PC game that supports controllers, I play with a controller. Fear us, we're taking over.
That's like "fearing" the really slow, really clumsy zombies in early zombie movies :p

Ok, I was joking earlier a but I actually prefer KB/M for every first-person game. Third-person is a wash. Earlier ones like Max Payne/Hitman are KB/M must but newer ones strangely feel weird with KB/M more often than not. Some games like Souls feel a lot better with controller though.

How taxing is oversampling? I haven't really done it because I play on a mid-2011 Mac on Bootcamp.

Right I now I'm just using some tools like RadeonPro, etc. to force AA, VSync, etc.

Maniac

Banned
That's actually pretty smooth. I half expected it to tank to low 20's once the train sequence begins.
Rip in pancakes
That's like "fearing" the really slow, really clumsy zombies in early zombie movies :p

Those are my favourite kind. And I'm miffed there's never been a half-decent game with that type o' zombie.
Also I remember when The Division had volumetric fog bellowing out of manhole covers that would be indirectly lit from scenery like car tail lights. That brief twitter vid looked like it has nothing more than animated sprites instead :(

Be interesting to see how the final version of it turns out on all platforms but I get the feeling all of them are going to be a ways away from the reveal 'gameplay' trailer.

Oh yeah, it's been heavily downgraded. It still looks pretty good though... Buuuut nothing as amazing as what was shown. A lot of the nice interactions are gone too, though. Especially when it comes to destructibility.

I've been playing Uncharted 3 and the amount of puzzles is a huge distraction to me. I want to shoot some bad guys and climb around in decently sized environments. I actually preferred how most puzzles in TR were side stuff you didn't have to bother with. So i'm hoping rise of the tomb raider is the same way. The advertising of actually "tombs" does nothing for me.

The puzzles are what make it better... it's more toward the adventure/Indiana Jones vibe that the first game had than the all combat mass murder simulator Uncharted 2 was.

But hey, I have no problem with making some of that stuff optional/extra, as long as you can explore and experience it should you choose.

Jawmuncher

The puzzles are what make it better... it's more toward the adventure/Indiana Jones vibe that the first game had than the all combat mass murder simulator Uncharted 2 was.

But hey, I have no problem with making some of that stuff optional/extra, as long as you can explore and experience it should you choose.

Yeah that's what i'm getting it. To me it makes more sense that a majority of that stuff should be optional. Since the people playing in the way you describe are going to run into it.

kiyomi

Ok, I was joking earlier a but I actually prefer KB/M for every first-person game. Third-person is a wash. Earlier ones like Max Payne/Hitman are KB/M must but newer ones strangely feel weird with KB/M more often than not. Some games like Souls feel a lot better with controller though.

It's a mix for KB/M to me as well. I played Tomb Raider 2013 with a KB/M and actually really enjoyed it. However playing The Witcher 3 now and I can't imagine really playing it with a KB/M, despite the series' roots.

Dr Dogg

Doubt that they're very big. Making people think would get in the way of the mass murder that Tomb Raider is about. Lara 'Rambo' Croft can't go too long without getting her hands bloody in the name of Khorne.

New Lara Croft reminds me of a girl I went out with many moons ago, Very polite, innocent and wouldn't say boo to a goose but just one small glass of red wine and she'd want to tear your head off. And the gob on here after that, strewth! Proper Jekyll and Hyde type transformation.

Knurek

Hm, let's try this Paint it back game people are talking about.

NOPE

Oh come on, that's one of the easier ones.
(Also, if you're a nonogram pussy, you can always play the Easy/Normal modes, which split large puzzles into smaller parts, akin to how Mario Picross 2 worked).

Maniac

Banned
The type that keep saying "oh, they're slow, they're not dangerous" are always the ones that get bitten by the one lurking in a corner they thought was clear.

RE zombies, in the classic games, tend to be that sort of zombie.

Yeah, sorry. I really meant modern games, especially ones without tank controls and whatnot. I'd love something along the lines of Dying Light, just with fuck-tons of slow walkers. And a less agile player, perhaps. Something more The Walking Dead-ish, but not as terrible as the Activision joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom