• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

Higurashi part 2 better be out for Halloween or else.

rDMtHLk gif
For some reason I really don't like that gif

All of them. Every Dirt and Grid game can be played that way.

GRID's the one you want.

Is there a particular GRID I should go with? I've heard bad things about 2. Thanks for the help!

Has anyone used the refund process to try multiple games out and return them? I'm worried they'll consider it abuse if I'm not into GRID and return it considering I returned Vermintide last night. I have 300 things on my wishlist it would be nice to pare that list down a bit, but I've been hesitant to basically start demoing my wishlist by using refunds.

Is there a particular GRID I should go with? I've heard bad things about 2. Thanks for the help!

Has anyone used the refund process to try multiple games out and return them? I'm worried they'll consider it abuse if I'm not into GRID and return it considering I returned Vermintide last night. I have 300 things on my wishlist it would be nice to pare that list down a bit, but I've been hesitant to basically start demoing my wishlist by using refunds.

I have GRID Autosport and I like it...as with anything just look up some videos and reviews on the games and see which one(s) you think are for you

While I think Shadow should have just stayed here and not went to off-topic, I think the personal attacks on Shadow was getting really out of hand. In every thread he posts, there's like 5 people attacking him for a thread he made and got punished for months ago. Jesus.

Funstock digital has great price for Fallout 4 and CoD, but I'm gonna hold.
While I think Shadow should have just stayed here and not went to off-topic, I think the personal attacks on Shadow was getting really out of hand. In every thread he posts, there's like 5 people attacking him for a thread he made and got punished for months ago. Jesus.
He did that in many threads, it's hard not to notice him and call him out

Jazz573

I found the best way to avoid being banned, and still post in OT is to only reply in threads on non-controversial topics, or if it is a controversial topic, only post if your opinion fits the major opinion in that thread.

Nabs

He wasn't getting shit just for that thread, he was getting shit for all of his shitty posts this week. I don't even think anyone brought that shit up until he did.

Funstock digital has great price for Fallout 4 and CoD, but I'm gonna hold.

He did that in many threads, it's hard not to notice him and call him out

yeah...Fallout 4 for about $45 is the best I've seen outside of GMG's Mad Max glitch weeks ago

if I pick it up it'll probably be there

Eila

Isn't Higurashi already translated, anyway?
I'm sitting here waiting for closure on Trails in the Sky for about a year now.
tumblr_lv6bvbfp6e1r1yutvo1_500.gif

God bless the people that played it back in 2011.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Isn't Higurashi already translated, anyway?
I'm sitting here waiting for closure on Trails in the Sky for about a year now.
tumblr_lv6bvbfp6e1r1yutvo1_500.gif

God bless the people that played it back in 2011.

It's being completely re-translated as the original translation left things to be desired, and being ported to a new engine for HD-ification, as well as allowing options for new art and the original art.

The original art looked like this:
hg141.jpg

The new art looks like this:
ss_c4eb2f247877ad15584f3a5afbb8eaa87189c970.600x338.jpg

As well as some other things, bells and whistles. They're also I believe translating things that go beyond the original game into later arks. Releasing one ark at a time.

I and some others are waiting for it since Part 1 is already out.

tumblr_n4gtht4kpz1retk94o1_500.gif

---

On Trails of the Sky, in a similar position waiting for Corpse Party: Blood Covered on PC. Announced around the same time as Trials, and no release yet, over a year later.

Sarcasm

Found this hiding

ModBot said:
Instructions for SteamGAF:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sarcasm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Race The Sun -- MB-F2DFCE4402E23001 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.

t1445546314z1.png

Shantom

It's being completely re-translated as the original translation left things to be desired, and being ported to a new engine for HD0ification, as well as allowing options for new art and the original art.
It's nice that they left the original art in, so that the game can be utterly horrifying even in the dull segments.

louiedog

I got a foil!

for an indie game that everyone owns

because it was free

What should I do with my 10 cent profit in 5 months when it finally sells? I'm thinking Mad Max. It's on trajectory to hit that price by then.

impact

Banned
I found the best way to avoid being banned, and still post in OT is to only reply in threads on non-controversial topics, or if it is a controversial topic, only post if your opinion fits the major opinion in that thread.

And don't be a racist dumbass.

neoemonk

I plunked down $1 today on the Humble Valentine Bundle just to check out Hatoful Boyfriend. I don't even know why I wanted to try it out.

listening to the lis ost on the train is pretty nice

game left an impression on me, i'm glad
Same,
but the two endings rendered all my previous choices null, it's ME3 all over again
, don't see myself coming back to it, at least not for a few years.

Hektor

What comfy chairs to you use to play on your desk? My current one is getting more and more kaputt and i need to search for a replacement.

Turfster

Humble Games Workshop bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Warhammer 40K Kill Team
  • Talisman Digital Edition
  • Chainsaw Warrior
  • Chainsaw Warrior Lords of the night
TIER 2: 6$
  • Space Hulk Ultimate
  • Dawn of War II Retribution The Last Standalone
  • Warhammer Quest
  • Talisman DLC