• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

Well, if he didn't get permabanned somebody needs to make a script that blocks off-topic for him.
Also, the market is finally working again.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Ashes of the Singularity

5hwXkdG.jpg

MUnited83

For you.
Well, if he didn't get permabanned somebody needs to make a script that blocks off-topic for him.
Also, the market is finally working again.
He was banned by the same reason he got banned before and showed he learned nothing site it. I'd bet a lot of money that its a perma.

Saty

Steam's slow for anyone else? I also noticed that somehow i was suddenly logged out of my account in the client itself. Not sure how that happened.
Also, Badges pages only shows the ones i have and doesn't list all the games and the cards i have.

Turfster

Daily Rebuild 3 33% off
Weekend
  • Fallout Franchise up to 66% off
  • Adult Swim Games up to 75% off
  • Codemasters Games up to 80% off
  • South Park 75% off

derExperte

Stick of Truth -75%

No accidental discount on F4.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Westerado -50%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GMG got off their butts:

Hello derExperte,

We’re committed to bringing the best offers and opportunities to our community here at Green Man Gaming, and we’re always looking at ways we can improve. To that end, we’ve been conducting a massive review of the way we operate our customer credit system.

We’re working hard on a number of new initiatives, with plans to implement a new loyalty programme, vouchers that can be used in conjunction with credit, and more ways to bring greater value and amazing offers to our customers. Given that we sell games in over 185 countries each month, we’re also increasing opportunities for the community to use local payment systems, all of which will replace the current credit setup.

However, this unfortunately means we’ll be closing down the current credit programme, with plans to expire all GMG credit on November 24th, 2015.

Here’s a brief little FAQ that we hope will answer a few additional questions:

When is my credit expiring? All Green Man Gaming credit will expire on November 24th to prepare for the immediate launch of a new system.

Can I use my credit in conjunction with VIP offers before November 24th? Yes, you absolutely can!

Will I still receive credit for submitting a review? Yes, that will remain a part of the new system.

How about referrals? We’re completely revising our Refer A Friend system. We’ll have more information on this soon.

Will I be able to use new credit after November 24th in conjunction with vouchers? Yes, absolutely. You’ll also be able to buy store credit and gift it to your friends.

How will refunds that deliver credit work after November 24th? In pretty similar fashion. The new credit system may be used to compensate individuals in cases where direct refunds aren’t possible.

If you have any further questions, please contact our customer support team here.

We realise that this is somewhat inconvenient, and we apologise for any frustration caused. We remain committed to delivering the best customer experience that we possibly can and hope that you will continue to shop with us, with plenty of exciting new things to come.

I've been playing Uncharted 3 and the amount of puzzles is a huge distraction to me. I want to shoot some bad guys and climb around in decently sized environments. I actually preferred how most puzzles in TR were side stuff you didn't have to bother with. So i'm hoping rise of the tomb raider is the same way. The advertising of actually "tombs" does nothing for me.

Probably why I stopped playing the story and hopped on to MP lol

Accoun

And that's that.

The in-game completion tracker says 97%, though, despite there being absolutely nothing for me to do. I'm beginning to think nobody at Avalanche can count to 100. :p

Reminds me of how someone has written an e-mail to a local gaming mag asking how to get 100% in one of the Prince Of Persia games. Said he's beaten it starting fresh 3 times and it always stops on 97% even if he's sure he got everything he could in the game.

Turned out that apparently the missing 3% were from the last savepoint until the end and the game doesn't save at the end/note the story's finished and that the guy actually 100%-ed the game 3 times. :-D

xGreg

That's the advantage of PC. Play games under your preferences, not a hardware manufacturer or developer.

I would personally use a mouse, but that shouldn't effect your experience.

More like advantage, That's one is the beauty of PC Gaming.

Isn't freedom of choice a beautiful thing? :D

Are any of the Codemaster games good if I want an arcadey racing experience? I don't need Burnout levels of arcade, but something between that and Gran Turismo/Forza would be fun.

Lomax

Stick of Truth -75%

No accidental discount on F4.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Westerado -50%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GMG got off their butts:

They are going to catch a lot of hell for expiring credit with only one month's notice considering their site for a long time said credit lasts for one year. Of course I'm sure 90% of the credit people have now is over a year old anyway since it's been a long while since Playfire was giving much out. Glad I already spent most of my credit because the odds of them having a decent sale in the next month knowing all that credit is sitting there is virtually zero.

Nzyme32

Man, 50 freakin' dollars for an early access game. That's like buying an Assassin's Creed game full price day one.
I still want AC London, just not right away after getting burnt by unity

The price now has a discount applied of 20% off in the UK.

It initially said £39.99, but now says £27.99

Sch1sm

I love that morningbus has been staging this Kaufman-style performance art, and then suddenly breaks character to drill this one home.

And hell, I'll be that dude... when is the Steam Halloween sale everyone?

29th October it starts.

If that's even been confirmed, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom