• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

did ubisoft remove their avatar creator?

RIP me
boy_tallx2ssy.png

Replaying Unity for my AC fix while I wait for Syndicate. Still insane how good it looks on the PC and I really hope they're taking the time to make it match Unity given they don't need to downgrade it on PC like they had to on consoles for better performance. Even a year after launch it's still the best looking game available, or at least on this scale.

zkylon

zkylewd
You know how some people can be, we saw a lot of it last gen console wise.
"Ugh it uses UE3 it's gonna look like every other game"
not sure if applies to smaller indie games? but i guess, i dunno, shitty copy pasta greenlight games have given unity has a bad rep too

Marlow Briggs was a large disappointment and your spoiler is backwards in my experience.

The cheesy writing can be funny at first, but it quickly becomes stale... lack of boss fights (there might be about 3, but 2 of them are kind of throwaway, only the final encounter actually lived up to what I expected from a game like this...) and extremely repetitive gameplay don't do it any favors either. It never felt like I was going anywhere or had any purpose either, just "oh, let me find my way to the next arena with the same enemies i fought 8346 times already".

You could buy worse for the $1 that it normally runs during sales, but it's definitely not anything special or worth the praise some of the posters in here lavish upon it (IMO, of course. ;) ).

For the budget it had and the 99 cents or bundle fodder people got it for, it's pretty commendable. But yeah I wasn't all that impressed either outside of those two points.

I had lots of fun with it. I'm not saying either of you is wrong, but I found it pretty enjoyable. (Mind you, I never played God of War and never finished Darksiders, so I don't have a lot to compare it to on that front.)

d00d3n

I just discovered several Valve games in my "uncategorised" Steam folder. I am not sure, but I don't think that I ever bought the complete pack. Has the half-life complete pack been given out as a freebie recently? Or maybe I am just remembering wrongly, had the complete pack all along, and some kind of bug removed the fps category from them?

madjoki

I just discovered several Valve games in my "uncategorised" Steam folder. I am not sure, but I don't think that I ever bought the complete pack. Has the half-life complete pack been given out as a freebie recently? Or maybe I am just remembering wrongly, had the complete pack all along, and some kind of bug removed the fps category from them?

If you preordered Steam Link/Controller from first batch and had mac, you got complete pack, including any future game.

Dsyndrome

Being a completionist is killing me in Witcher 3. Just got to Novigrad at 58 hours in, and that's with running by all the markers, merchants, notice boards, etc. So much more to do...

Grief.exe

Hopefully I make Dusk Golem proud, but these are the horror games I'm thinking about playing this month. Impressive that these are all able to be played on PC at modern resolutions in one form or another, the only exception is Cthulhu, which is stuck at 4:3.

Call of Cthulhu
Eternal Darkness (ripped my GC copy for emulation)
Evil Within
Alien Isolation
RE 6 (I've heard this is one of the best third person shooters mechanically, and I generally value gameplay depth very highly)
Deadly Premonition
Silent Hill 2/3 (these are somewhat cost-prohibitive as the PS2/PC versions are fairly expensive at this point)
Revelations 2 (didn't like Rev1 very much, but I've heard Rev2 is significantly better)

I played Remake HD and Condemned earlier in the year, both are some of the best games I have played. Condemned in particular ran at 1440p/144 FPS with minimal issues, I was impressed.

Ludens

Banned
RE6 is a nice action game, just don't expect to find a survival here. The only problem I had was the game won't ever end, I spent 26 hours on it on Easy skipping all collectibles, just playing the plot.

rtcn63

RE6 would've been better with the fat trimmed, acting as a singular campaign. Also that being knocked down whenever you lose a block of health should've been patched out. Oh let me try to melee this group of enemies while snipers curve bullets into my dick...

Last day of Payday 2 Crimefest is a bunch of troll masks (literally) and a jump animation... an animation for jumping is the final reward... I shit you not, and Overkill is doing an AMA on the Payday subreddit tomorrow, should be good.

And the troll masks are locked behind jumping related achievements lol.

EDIT: http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/crimefest2015/

I mean just look at this page, it reads like a parody of video game scumbaggery, it's just so out of touch that I don't even know what to say.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Last day of Payday 2 Crimefest is a bunch of troll masks (literally) and a jump animation... an animation for jumping is the final reward... I shit you not, and Overkill is doing an AMA on the Payday subreddit tomorrow, should be good.

giphy.gif

zkylon

zkylewd

lol wth

Chariot

I am going to enjoy this far too much.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

EDIT: http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/crimefest2015/

I mean just look at this page, it reads like a parody of video game scumbaggery, it's just so out of touch that I don't even know what to say.

I've been meaning to write up a companion piece to something I wrote during Payday 2's beta and early launch support stage where I hoped certain aspects would get addressed and fixed over time. Much to my disappointment, it never got much better and the PR half has only gotten worse. While Goldfarb was a bit antagonistic, he still had a vision for Payday 2. Almir's quite egotistical and hasn't done a good job of keeping the game healthy.

Them hot WiiU exclusives.

I'm unironically really interested in playing Devils Third

Is the PC version still a thing? I'm morbidly curious too.

I've been meaning to write up a companion piece to something I wrote during Payday 2's beta and early launch support stage where I hoped certain aspects would get addressed and fixed over time. Much to my disappointment, it never got much better and the PR half has only gotten worse. While Goldfarb was a bit antagonistic, he still had a vision for Payday 2. Almir's quite egotistical and hasn't done a good job of keeping the game healthy.

Yeah all this stuff just puts a bad taste in my mouth, I can even understand the microtransaction stuff if it was handled at least half way competently but this is just a joke at how tone deaf they can be to this whole situation. Payday 2 has definitely went down a path I really don't like, it's a real shame because the game is great and I've had a lot of fun with it but it went from being a game that a lot of good community relations and development transparency to the mess that it is today.

Chris's campaign is just another Gears of War spin-off.

Yea and it was worse that they picked Chris for it. It would be better if it was a new character and not a classic character. It's like they know it's not the route to go but they want to appease different kinds of fans. Leons campaign was the closest to the right route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom