• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks using ScpDriver for DS3 and using a micro usb cable : do you need to have ScpServer always running for the controller to work ? I remember that I didn't have to run anything last year, changed PC since then and now my DS3 won't work unless there's an instance of ScpServer running. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong though.

Anteater

Jessica: So…Jill, was it?
Chris: Was what? Stay focused.
Jessica: She was your partner before, right?
Chris: Yeah, my partner, from before. What about it?
Jessica: I was, you know, just asking.

jsv5q1v2niym.gif

dot

I feel like playing a Resident Evil game now.

Revelations doesn't have campaign co-op right? Just in Raid mode or whatever?

Jawmuncher

I feel like playing a Resident Evil game now.

Revelations doesn't have campaign co-op right? Just in Raid mode or whatever?

Rev 1 raid coop only
Rev 2 Coop splitscreen story and raid coop
RE5 coop story and mercs
RE6 coop story and Mercs
RE:ORC Coop Story

Khronico

Every day is one more day closer to the inevitable humble WB bundle with Mordor in the BTA tier.

I will continue waiting patiently.

Tizoc

One of these days I'm gonna get my brother to stop watching his boring ass anime and his boring ass wrasslin' and we can co-op RE5 and RE6

hd-wallpaper-halloween-toronto_zps3wbyoggx.jpeg

The Halloween Horrors continue!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

SIR IF I MAY YOU ARE BEING HUNTED BY ROBOTS FOR MAYBE SEX I DUNNO -- MB-A94D9884DB22139F - Taken by Baron_Calamity

ArjanN

RE6 campaign has its fair share of problems, much mechanics in RE6 are amazing. It shines a lot on mercenaries.

Yeah, if anyone is going to play it I'd recommend playing around with the mercenaries mode first until you have most of the controls down, the campaign is a lot less frustrating if you have a good grasp on the mechanics.

Knurek

DS4 through BT is a game changer. Like, seriously, this makes upgrading to Win10 worthwhile.

Pity the battery life's crap. I don't think there's any aftermarket battery packs that extend it, like with PSP ones? What is it with consoles and crappy batteries? GBA and NDS were monsters, 3DS is shit, Vita is shit, DS4 is shit, battery life-wise...

Grief.exe

DS4 through BT is a game changer. Like, seriously, this makes upgrading to Win10 worthwhile.

But you could use the DS4 through Bluetooth prior to Win 10.

Pity the battery life's crap. I don't think there's any aftermarket battery packs that extend it, like with PSP ones? What is it with consoles and crappy batteries? GBA and NDS were monsters, 3DS is shit, Vita is shit, DS4 is shit, battery life-wise...

Cost cutting measures.

Dsyndrome

Resident Evil 6's story is the worst of the bunch; gameplay's just more of what was established in 5, so that's fine I guess. Needs more Chris punching a rock, probably why it took my brother and I a few years to coop it.

Never played Mercenaries, Outbreak, etc. on any of the games, so they don't factor into anything for me.
Btw here's a gif of that dope new jumping animation the Payday 2 community did a bunch of grinding to unlock lol.
Dude's got some hops.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Wii U Pro is a great, great controller. It has 80 hours battery life, so it's not like it's impossible

Pachimari

Okay, I reinstalled Windows a little while ago, and have no Steam games installed in my library. Though I have my Steam library folders on my D drive, but it won't let me install Mafia II in the old folder. What should I do? Import my old library or something?

[edit]
Oh, never mind. I just found out, I had to add it in Settings.

Khronico

Resident Evil 6's story is the worst of the bunch; gameplay's just more of what was established in 5, so that's fine I guess. Needs more Chris punching a rock, probably why it took my brother and I a few years to coop it.

Never played Mercenaries, Outbreak, etc. on any of the games, so they don't factor into anything for me.

Dude's got some hops.

I got immense enjoyment out of how baddumb RE6's story was. Way more than with 5 where I just skipped all the cutscenes.

Btw here's a gif of that dope new jumping animation the Payday 2 community did a bunch of grinding to unlock lol.

Kr4dJhe.gif

They managed to ruin all goodwill and enthusiasm I had for Payday 2 over the course of 10 days. That's impressive.

Anteater

I lost track of the story right after RE5, I remember reading all those wesker's reports and shit back in the day

now I don't even know wtf they're talking about in the intro of re: rev1

I lost track of the story right after RE5, I remember reading all those wesker's reports and shit back in the day

now I don't even know wtf they're talking about in the intro of re: rev1

It's been a while, but rev1 story is pretty standalone. Experiment went wrong in floating city, chris signal disappears in a ship, jill goes. Game starts.

yuraya

11.6 million concurrent peak today. I haven't checked in a while but that is gotta be a record.

So much growth and still no Half-Life 3.

Congrats Gaben.

Jawmuncher

I might have to reinstall RE6.

I wish RE6 had a raid mode like Rev, I like that mode way more than mercs tbh. Here's hoping for RE7 raid mode.

Personally prefer mercs. Since it's a nice quick mode where you can see how well you do. Raid is just a grinf to me, but at least rev 2 did work on making it better than rev1.

-----

In the case of RE a lot of the stories are stand alone as long as you know the characters.
Capcom really does nothing more than keep bringing up RE 1, 2, and 3 along with umbrella.

rtcn63

The gifs are misleading. Mercenaries is great if you're into the mode, the campaign is more you getting blue balls every few minutes.

Belgarion

looks like a noclip gif

Okay WHAT happened to Payday 2? I'm out of the loop.

Overkill fucked it up starting with microtransactions and skins with stats on the first day of the crimefest. So all the grinding for this "great" reward. They really think on the community.

It all went down from there..

Pachimari

So I have been out of the Steam scene for the last month, and is totally not up-to-date. I see Spider-Man: Shattered Memories and Trails in the Sky has gotten their Steam pages, and that Mortal Kombat: Kollektion were removed, but has anything else happened this month?

The X1 wireless adapter seems to have a few problems. Like no rumble, lag and some have a hard time to get it to pair (see thread for a solution http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1093815&page=4).
Oh no, this doesn't sound good, as I were planning going wireless with the Elite controller. =(

Khronico

looks like a noclip gif

Okay WHAT happened to Payday 2? I'm out of the loop.

A crate and key microtransaction system was added like CSGO.

Overkill has gone on record saying they would never add microtransactions in Payday 2

Unlike CSGO, the weapon skins affect weapon stats.

The community, understandably, was extremely upset by this.

Overkill DID actually add the possibility to get keys as drops in response so you can potentially get free skins.

They rebalanced (or screwed up the balance of) weapons. They jacked up the damage for all weapons (except shotguns). Shotguns are garbage now, Heavy ARs are the new meta, pistols are ridiculously powerful now, accuracy across the board for weapons was screwed up (some weapons are so inaccurate you can't even hit anything).

Not a big fan of Raid mode. Too much focus on grinding and bullet sponge enemies. Mercs all the way for me.

RE6 would've been better with the fat trimmed, acting as a singular campaign. Also that being knocked down whenever you lose a block of health should've been patched out. Oh let me try to melee this group of enemies while snipers curve bullets into my dick...

If you press and hold down A (on the 360 controller) while being knocked down you'll get up immediately.

Knurek

But you could use the DS4 through Bluetooth prior to Win 10.
Cost cutting measures.

I have a CSR dongle.
CSR's stack doesn't work with DS4Windows.
Default Windows 7 stack doesn't work with DS4Windows.
Hence me having to wait for upgrade to Win10 to enjoy comfy couch the way it's meant.

I get cost cutting, I really do. What I don't get is lack of 3rd party solution. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom