• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

aTiZ5cR.png

aw yeah uplay

Parsnip

Finished ep2 of LiS yesterday.
Man.

I can already see how they are probably going to use the
omg all of a sudden I can't rewind because of x, y and z gimmick
to create some tense moments.

zkylon

zkylewd
Keep that bar low fam, don't let your dreams be dreams.
is uplay still crap? haven't played an ubi game in some months

Finished ep2 of LiS yesterday.
Man.

I can already see how they are probably going to use the
omg all of a sudden I can't rewind because of x, y and z gimmick
to create some tense moments.
it works really well tho

i'm glad they didn't let me rewind, being able to rewind that would've felt really bad, and the reasoning is very solid

derExperte

[IM G]http://abload.de/img/taste3bbzm1.jpg[/IMG]

Since you've apparently played tons of Inquisition and Hardline but not enough Garden Warfare I'll go ahead and declare myself the real winner here.

I find it pretty amazing that we are all first among our ubi friends.

8th of 12 and proud of that. I'd probably have a higher level (22 now) but made a new account a while ago though.

rtcn63

The campaign in SC: Blacklist is easier than I remember, although I think it's because the first time around, I tried to take out pretty much everyone in a given area. Now I just sneak by if possible.

Not sure if I have the patience for the side missions though. They're arguably the best part of the game, but I've already beaten them once, and I kind of don't want to deal with uPlay any longer than I have to.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Sadly expected. MCC is another story though. Pretty old games, more realistic. Although Spencer is against it -_-'

That response though...
8YEdO8A.png

Dafuq? Why is this idiot relieved that it gets stuck on fewer platforms and thus less people get to play the game? How do you benefit of that??

Love that he wouldn't be angry if it released under the XBOX app on PC then.
Because if any of GoW, Forza or Halo gets released on Pc then it's under the XBOX brand. They won't release on steam obviously.

rtcn63

This stuff pisses me off. Guy won a copy of TW3 at launch I gave away and never fucking played it.

Don't enter giveaways just to increase your library count.

Maybe he couldn't get into it? TW does have that Dark Souls effect, being a bit strange at first. Contact him and ask him why he hasn't played, give him pointers if need be. Or maybe he tried it for an hour and realized it ran like ass on his PC.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Also I just finished Contradiction.

Was a pretty enjoyable FMV.
I did figure out who was the assailant pretty early, don't want to brag but all the years watching the midsomer murders has made me adept at this investigation thing.

It is a low-budget FMV game and it did sell over 10k before being bundled(If I remember right) but I still don't know if it's enough for the sequel to be funded, which worries me a bit.

Maybe he couldn't get into it? TW does have that Dark Souls effect, being a bit strange at first. Contact him and ask him why he hasn't played, give him pointers if need be. Or maybe he tried it for an hour and realized it ran like ass on his PC.

His PC is fine and he said he liked the Witcher games, he played through the other two. Told me at launch he was just pushing through to finish TW2. Never touched 3.

louiedog

This stuff pisses me off. Guy won a copy of TW3 at launch I gave away and never fucking played it.

Don't enter giveaways just to increase your library count.

That sucks, but there could be a decent explanation.

I won a newish game on here once and my hour count looks like that because I ran into a bug that halted progress on my hardware, but I played through it with my girlfriend on her machine and account via sharing.

Or it could be something else, like when a friend gave me a new multiplayer game and two days later I found out I needed hand surgery and then wasn't able to really use a mouse for the next few weeks.

Maybe that person will see this and hopefully go play it this weekend, because it's a good game.

Tales from the Borderlands is so good that you should definitely play it. Game of Thrones is so bad that you should definitely not pay for it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

(Telltale key) Tales from the Borderlands -- MB-2FB047C746E5C216 - Taken by TheLight. 3 entrants total.
(Telltale key) Game of Thrones -- MB-EDD2087E3142C7E9 - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.

t1445703720z1.png

Parsnip

it works really well tho

i'm glad they didn't let me rewind, being able to rewind that would've felt really bad, and the reasoning is very solid

I'm just worried that they'll use the same reasoning in later LiS episodes.
Running out of otherwise infinite rewind juice to conveniently create tense story moments would be pretty terrible and hope they don't do it again so transparently at least.

But we'll see.

Knurek

Also I just finished Contradiction.

It is a low-budget FMV game and it did sell over 10k before being bundled(If I remember right) but I still don't know if it's enough for the sequel to be funded, which worries me a bit.

Well, Contradiction 1 was made with a budget of €5000, so I don't think Tim Follin will need millions to make the sequel, if he has plans on doing it at all (supposedly yes, but well, we'll see).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom