• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play LP3 on Easy. LP3 to me is repayable due to its story and characters for me.
I play almost all games on easy nowadays. I just do not have time to get frustrated with games anymore. I am old, dude.

Just finished Alan wake and starting the DLC/American Nightmare.

Bowie Space Oddity ending credits music?? Wow. The soundtrack to this game is so good.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I liked SOMA definitely, but was at a friend's stream, and one of the mods there is a pretty big photo editor. My friend streaming was making a joke saying, "They should of just called this game Run Around in Circles Until He Catches You," and a short bit later the photoshopping mod just posted this in the chat and I had to share it somewhere. XD

443fcac1e21aa0606b297c2889a639d9.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Titan Sky 4 in OlliOlli2 is the first really hard level in the game. struggle is real

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Patch 1.0.1 Deployed

Heroes!

We've just deployed a small patch to solve some common issues.

Patch 1.0.1

Changelog:
  • Made bots more passive when Stormvermin Patrol is near
  • Tweaked bot healing behaviour
  • Fixed a crash related to audio
  • Fixed a crash related to AI being alerted
  • Fixed Gamepad not being able to change gamma setting
  • Fixed an issue where cursor would remain ingame
  • Fixed an issue where input could become delayed when looking diagonally
  • Fixed an issue where player could be moved during menu
  • Added newsticker ingame for important alerts
  • Fixed an issue where right thumb stick couldn't be used for input on gamepad
  • Fixed an issue with attack sweeps occasionally not hitting
  • Optimized FX of Drakefire Pistols
  • Fixed an issue with Gutter Runner pouncing
  • Improved clarity of keybindings
  • Fixed a dialogue error when seeing enemies
  • Fixed a number of potential crashes on startup
  • Fixed an error where Lobby Browser was displaying an incorrect number of lobbies

Patch Size: 13mb~

Did some guy in a hat just win a hidden object game?

You know what THAT means...

Actually you probably don't cause you don't read my impressions

Hey, I definitely enjoy reading your impressions on the games. That goes for anyone who takes the time to talk about stuff they're playing instead of... well you know what.

They still got Blood and Wine expansion, I would be surprised if they didn't do two more Gwent decks for that one.

I hope this happens too. A friend of mine told me that the other two decks were offered in the Xbox one collector's edition so there's a chance those might stay exclusive, which would suck.

played it for a few hours before I realized the gameplay was going to be the same for the next 1000 hours...

Uninstalled it. What a disaster.

also there is no PVP when I played it

It's really sad to see that this is where Sleeping Dogs ended up. One would have imagined a sequel would be a lock given how well the first game was received. Did it flop in sales or something?

I was sure that Life is Strange would have a weekend deal, I always assumed it would get one when all EPs were out, and to think the amount of nuuvem deals I passed out on...

(It's still probably gonna get a Halloween deal though)

dex3108

Just scroll fast!

I wonder if maybe enhanced steam could have a function where you cam hide activity from selected games?

It would be cool for Browser Steam but Client Steam will still be an issue. For me spoilers are big issue, i still have to avoid Batman AK spoilers, LiS spoilers, Assassins Creed Syndicate spoilers, The Last of Us... And it is getting more and more difficult with rise of social media simply because people are not thinking about others.

Messiah

The amount of times I've revealed a spoiler, because I had my mouse cursor casually sitting in the middle of the screen as I opened the activity feed.

Please allow me to make spoilers click to reveal, valve.

Yeap people started to post LiS screens on Steam without Spoiler tag. It is time to stop visiting Activity feed for a while.

While this is a separate issue, I noticed that Dontnod also updated the screenshots on the store page of the game and they are pretty heavy on the spoilers as well. So avoid that too I guess.

I don't listen to Giantbombast anymore, since they always spent half of the podcast talking about stuff I don't care, and when they do, they sometimes seems uninformed about the games they play.

dex3108

Anyone have a good recommendation for a gaming podcast? I only listen to Giant Bomb, Giant Beastcast and Idle Thumbs.

I am listening GT Time (GameTrailers podcast) and Cooptonal. But lately it is hard to listen Cooptional. They have "format" but most of the time they talk about 1 news last half an hour and do releases, 2,5 hours they spend talking about games they have played and most of the time i don't care about that part.

Sarcasm

I am level 22 don't think I will get any higher.

And I haven't hit the cap but I only talk to like 10% which actually talk back with normal human conversations. A few is like talking to a person with a ten word limit on their vocabulary.

oipic

Anyone have a good recommendation for a gaming podcast? I only listen to Giant Bomb, Giant Beastcast and Idle Thumbs.

Beastcast is the only one of those I still listen to (occasionally) as they have a tendency to be a bit on the long side for me (and padded with a lot of non-gaming talk).

Some I listen to:

Gamers With Jobs
DLC
Crate & Crowbar
Daft Souls
Three Moves Ahead (strategy gaming)
eXplorminate (4X and strategy - their website is well worth checking out for those into Civ-like stuff)

Ludens

Banned
Murder (Steam page) dev taking some objection to recent criticism

murder-1qxrdm.jpg

murder-2cfphc.jpg

My two cents: this guy has potential. A LOT. I like experimental stuff, and I partially liked even Stranded. Graphics and atmosphere were both great, sadly the gameplay simply just sucks. I mean, you walk slow like a snail, you can't even walk freely, because you need to click, wait for the animation and the character to reach that point of interested, and go on.
It's ok doing story-driven games, it's not ok hide a game behind those gimmicks to artificially increase its lenght. Because really, the only point of those game design chices is that one. Stranded is bloody short, Murder seems shorter than Stranded. And they are both short even if you consider you need to WAIT just for your character reaching a specific position (I don't know if you understood what I'm saying here, I'm pretty sure people who played Stranded understood that).

So, why instead of doing 20 minutes game selling them for 3€, don't you try and do a proper point and click game, or at least a story-driven title with a decent gameplay and without those gimmicks?
Even a 2-3 hours long game, selling it for 15-20€ would be ok. There is a lot of potential, here, because graphics style for Murder, and even Stranded, are simply great.

But I can totally understand why a person buying the game feels ripped after the game will end within 20 minutes, even failing on provide a good plot.

I also agree before spending money on those products, you should at least do a little research in order to avoid refunds: I mean, is not that hard, just open Youtube and digit the name of the game, you'll see the gameplay, you'll see it's 20 minutes long, you will than decide.
I personally will buy the game when 75% off, like I did with Stranded.

Same thing happened when he released Stranded pretty much

He can't handle that people don't like the particular kind of "game" he makes

That's ok. He is free to do the game he wants, but also people are free to not like the game, plain and simple.
Also.
If you decide to put your game on Steam, well, you accept a contract: that contract provides the refund option.
If you don't agree, just don't put your game on Steam. Sell it on your own site, sell it on GOG, on Origin or whatever.
If he decides to go with Steam, is because Steam is where great numbers are.

Hektor

Same thing happened when he released Stranded pretty much

He can't handle that people don't like the particular kind of "game" he makes

He cant handle "gamers" in general according to his twitter history.
Makes you wonder why he even bothers trying to be a gamedev when he got such a disdain for his own audience.

I feel for him. Jim Sterling's 'Greenlight Reviews' are always aimed at games he thinks he can shit on (with what I believe to be the hope for developer backlash) for easy views. Yes criticise the games, but it's hardly constructive criticism. It's often cheap and lazy. I thought Jim Sterling was better than this, but ever since he left Escapist something seems off. I don't know, maybe he's starting to believe that "Jim Fuckin' Sterling" tag.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
What's the verdict on Life Is Strange?
Based on my experience from my choices: beautiful, poignant, fascinating. The ending I received fit perfectly for the story as a whole and was really touching. It was a joy to experience the five episodes unfold. Dontnod has now made two of my favorite games in the last couple years and I will eagerly purchase whatever they release next.

Ludens

Banned
I feel for him. Jim Sterling's 'Greenlight Reviews' are always aimed at games he thinks he can shit on (with what I believe to be the hope for developer backlash) for easy views. Yes criticise the games, but it's hardly constructive criticism. It's often cheap and lazy. I thought Jim Sterling was better than this, but ever since he left Escapist something seems off. I don't know, maybe he's starting to believe that "Jim Fuckin' Sterling" tag.

I agree with you. I really don't like the crusade with Digital Homicide too.
I mean, it's CLEAR those Digital Homicide games are smoking crap. Really, I want to find someone claiming he had fun or he found something good in one of those titles.
Those are simply quick cash grab, they usually are given for free like 2 days after release, because the only way DH can do money out of them is by card market.

But...why focusing so much on this? He did a review, something happened, he replied. Ok. Why going on and on with the same argument? Because of views, simply.
The same applies to Konami. I don't really need 20 minutes long videos of "Fuck Konami", it's....childish?

Have you never played a point and click game before in your life?

Yes, and I see you don't understand my point. Let's explain better: when you give a command on Stranded, you can't change direction. On common point and click, you can usually click everywhere on the screen and the character will move in that exact point. You can't do this on Stranded. You character will move, painfully slow, only when you click in a specific point. And if you clicked in the wrong spot, you need to wait for the animation to end before revert back your action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3syYj4HEGiM

It's not clear from this video, but I can't find another one on Youtube :|

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
"Cheap and lazy." Jim Sterling in a nutshell. I don't understand why people give him views.

dex3108

I agree with you. I really don't like the crusade with Digital Homicide too.
I mean, it's CLEAR those Digital Homicide games are smoking crap. Really, I want to find someone claiming he had fun or he found something good in one of those titles.
Those are simply quick cash grab, they usually are given for free like 2 days after release, because the only way DH can do money out of them is by card market.

But...why focusing so much on this? He did a review, something happened, he replied. Ok. Why going on and on with the same argument? Because of views, simply.
The same applies to Konami. I don't really need 20 minutes long videos of "Fuck Konami", it's....childish?

I never liked Jim and Jimquisition. I don't get what is point of the show. And don;t get me started with whole tag line "Thanks God for Me".

Tizoc

He did a year ann. video recently about the whole slaughtering grounds fiasco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbqxPgK87dM
I know it's your show or whatever Jim but some things you should just leave the fuck alone; cuz you're the only one who seems to give a fuck about.

Ruruja

Yes, and I see you don't understand my point. Let's explain better: when you give a command on Stranded, you can't change direction. On common point and click, you can usually click everywhere on the screen and the character will move in that exact point. You can't do this on Stranded. You character will move, painfully slow, only when you click in a specific point. And if you clicked in the wrong spot, you need to wait for the animation to end before revert back your action.

Ah right, yeah that can be annoying. I don't think it's the first game to do it like that though, I wouldn't say it was a major negative point for me personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom