• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played SF5 beta on my PS4 and I didn't notice any major lag, helps that I've been paired/matched with players from my region.
I only won 1 game and lost like 4-5 but I didn't mind, I still enjoyed what I played.

DmC is still a good action musou game.

I guess...

Teggy

I was looking to waste some time earlier so I downloaded the Triad Wars beta again, which I had put maybe a half hour into a while back. Now that I have played Sleeping Dogs it actually makes sense now. It uses the same city as SD and all the same controls and everything. So far all of the areas you attack are completely identical which doesn't bode well, but I will play it a bit more to see. I assume there's going to be pvp stuff but I haven't hit any yet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Got it from another forum.
- log out from steam in browser.
- use the ?/cc=us trick to see the app number of the game.
- type "steam://install/f2pappid" in your browser, "f2pappid" being the app number.

Doesn't work for all games though, Vindictus being one of them.

A VPN would do the trick. Looks like the game is limited to North America (US, CA) and... Australia. That's quite the geographical gap.

Xanathus

Kinda odd that there isn't an OT for Vermintide, I'm trying to find out if it's actually a buggy unfinished mess of a game or if it's as hyped up as some people are saying.

In the old days you would uninstall a game and then go and delete the remaining shit it missed.

Somehow Steam broke me of that habit with its reassuring delete local content option. Yada yada yada, I got another 50GB free on my SSD.

Xanathus

It wouldn't have a "Very Positive" rating in the 2,000s if it's a buggy mess.

I'm watching some streams and they say that it's unoptimized and runs poorly with bad frame rate and multiplayer connection issues. Also it sounds like the levels haven't been balanced in terms of loot and rewards and there isn't actually much depth to the game after you've played through each level. It's coming off as another Payday 2 where the game has potential but is released with not much content.

Grief.exe

I'm starting to feel bad for making fun of this guy building his computer on the Twitch stream.

He is consistently struggling with the most basic tasks.

Streaming is probably the best career path for him.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm starting to feel bad for making fun of this guy building his computer on the Twitch stream.

He is consistently struggling with the most basic tasks.

Streaming is probably the best career path for him.

It's still going on? No way this is not fake :x
hes probably made his money back :p

JaseC

Man this time change (going one hour back from 3 to 2) is strange every year.

I'm glad daylight savings isn't a thing here. There have been a few referendums on the matter over the years and it's been defeated every time, but the local government still saw fit to impose another, three-year "trial" back in 2006 (previous trials were only a year in length), seemingly under the impression that maybe this time people would be for the idea if they had a bigger taste of it. That grand plan backfired spectacularly as the referendum that followed had the largest "No" vote thus far and, fortunately, there have been no attempts to bring in daylight savings since.

Momentary

Banned
Man... A new fighting inspired by 2v2 Marvel? Yes Please.

http://www.cerebrawl.in/

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/24/cerebrawl-is-a-love-letter-to-marvel-vs-capcom-2/

super_punch01.gif

tumblr_inline_nuyjoogrRd1tyb1y2_540.jpg

RqRKNcy.png

Knurek

Okay, jshacks, if Tales from the Borderlands isn't allowed on GOTY2015 list, I'm boycotting the whole vote.

Unless EP5 does everything that's possible to do badly, it sure as hell will beat Witcher 3 on my list.

Deques

Yesterday I bought a boxed copy of Hearts of Stone which included gwent cards. I was surprised that it also includes a Steam code. I wasn't even planning to buy the expansion nor the gwent cards

Knurek

Yesterday I bought a boxed copy of Hearts of Stone which included gwent cards. I was surprised that it also includes a Steam code. I wasn't even planning to buy the expansion nor the gwent cards

Such a pity it only has two decks.
Northern Kingdom player here, will be quite hard to switch to Squirrels or Monsters...

Tizoc

I co-sign on Styx 2 for 2016 goty, if you can't accustom yourself to the controls, that's your problem :V

Okay, jshacks, if Tales from the Borderlands isn't allowed on GOTY2015 list, I'm boycotting the whole vote.

Unless EP5 does everything that's possible to do badly, it sure as hell will beat Witcher 3 on my list.

We voted and agreed that Tales from BLands would be allowed for the steam goty.

I finished Ep. 4 yesterday can't wait to see how it ends.

zkylon

zkylewd
finally finished the anime part of berserk

i honestly did not want to go through the eclipse stuff again, fuck that was hard to endure. i actually think it's a bit less horrific in the manga, maybe cos i already know what happens and maybe because the manga is so much more gratuitous that it kind of gets ridiculous

super curious what happens next, too bad i gotta sleep

Monooboe

Seriously, Witcher 3, around 100 hours in and it still manages to surprise me.o_O

In Skellige, going to Prison after a tavern brawl.

Tizoc

finally finished the anime part of berserk

i honestly did not want to go through the eclipse stuff again, fuck that was hard to endure. i actually think it's a bit less horrific in the manga, maybe cos i already know what happens and maybe because the manga is so much more gratuitous that it kind of gets ridiculous

super curious what happens next, too bad i gotta sleep

Oh relax, take your time with Berserk, it'll be a while til you get to the boat :V

zkylon

zkylewd
Seriously, Witcher 3, around 100 hours in and it still manages to surprise me.o_O

In Skellige, going to Prison after a tavern brawl.
yeah that quest in particular was great

i love how cdpr always plays around with format

you often get a quest to go take a contract from a village elder, only to find the village ravaged and to start another quest to figure out who was responsible. or some minor quest you run into might develop into a much bigger one or maybe just have a connection with some other quest you didn't think was related.

it's great, i love cdpr's high level quest design

Oh relax, take your time with Berserk, it'll be a while til you get to the boat :V
i'm not necessarily taking my time, but i know it's gonna be a long read.

i just found myself these past few days not feeling like playing anything after the lis finale so i've been mostly reading berserk/working on my projects since i never felt like playing too long a session of lost planet 3

Momentary

Banned
There are 4K images of the new Star Ocean game. I guarantee you there will be a STEAM announcement once the western release date is revealed.

Durante

There are 4K images of the new Star Ocean game. I guarantee you there will be a STEAM announcement once the western release date is revealed.
I wish I had your positivity, but Tri-Ace has been doing bullshots since before the term was invented, and no PC versions have been forthcoming so far.

(Though I'd love for you to be right!)

Momentary

Banned
I wish I had your positivity, but Tri-Ace has been doing bullshots since before the term was invented, and no PC versions have been forthcoming so far.

I remember SO4 bullshots like it was yesterday. But that was over 6 years ago and now we live in an age where Mushihimesama is coming to PC. BELIEVE!!!

Knurek

They should have a working PC codebase from that unannounced (yet) Resonance of Fate Steam port, right?
Right?~

It always felt weird that the Japanese Crytek wasn't releasing their games on PCs, hope that will change in the future.

Tizoc

Anyone know where's the cheapest to get Sonic Lost World from is? Rather hoping GMG drop a 26-30% discount code my way so I can get it from there :X

Teeth

i'm not necessarily taking my time, but i know it's gonna be a long read.

i just found myself these past few days not feeling like playing anything after the lis finale so i've been mostly reading berserk/working on my projects since i never felt like playing too long a session of lost planet 3

Everything after the Eclipse was a massive letdown for me.

The build towards it had the perfect meld of mystery, tragedy, and bits of triumph.

Everything after it is just a slog of narrative blue balls and go-nowhere idleness.

The series also dives headlong into broader fantasy than the more semi-grounded cthulhu-horror stuff in pre-Eclipse.

Pre Eclipse seems like an elevated-reality medieval series, where demons and monsters were complete unknowns to the characters in that universe. Post Eclipse, it's all witches and demons and skull suits and magic armor and fantasy stuff. I don't hate fantasy (i usually quite like it), but Berserk set this very specific tone for the early chunk that is blown wide open after the cataclysm.

Additionally, the series adds a Jar Jar kids character that never goes away and the faerie starts to take center stage. It just grates after a while. I get why the author did it (he basically lampshades it in one of the scenes), as the series would get so dark and hopeless that it was/could be a real downer to read in extended sessions, so the camp characters are there to offer levity. That said, I still can't stand the camp.

I beat Lost Planet 3. Glad I did actually finish it. Some of the Akrid encounters were poorly made but the last section of this game is pretty good and how it is a prequel to Lost Planet 1 is actually done pretty well I thought without being bullshit.
That 1 v 1 Rig battle was probably the best fight in the game. Then the final battle.
Doubt ill come back to this game though.

JaseC

I thought I was seeing things at first. ;)

On a related note, I assumed my cash would carry over into the second episode, so I didn't spend any of it. Just as well the first episode is easy peasy. In fact, the vast majority of my kills were skyhook attacks from above. Devil's Kiss traps came in handy here and there, but that's just about the extent to which I used plasmids.

zkylon

zkylewd
I hate it when Steam's overlay acts as a pause button.

yea that's the worse

Everything after the Eclipse was a massive letdown for me.

The build towards it had the perfect meld of mystery, tragedy, and bits of triumph.

Everything after it is just a slog of narrative blue balls and go-nowhere idleness.

The series also dives headlong into broader fantasy than the more semi-grounded cthulhu-horror stuff in pre-Eclipse.

Pre Eclipse seems like an elevated-reality medieval series, where demons and monsters were complete unknowns to the characters in that universe. Post Eclipse, it's all witches and demons and skull suits and magic armor and fantasy stuff. I don't hate fantasy (i usually quite like it), but Berserk set this very specific tone for the early chunk that is blown wide open after the cataclysm.
yeah i dunno about the more fantasy stuff but hey, i gotta see for myself what do i think about it

i feel a bit worried that the series will lose track of all the character drama stuff and become just killing of monsters which is not very interesting for me, but we'll see how i feel about it when i get there

i think i kind of liked the anime more, obviously having watched the anime first kind of lessened the impact of the manga, but i just feel the music and the atmosphere in the anime is really well done and the manga just feels gratuitous and sometimes takes the time to explain some stuff that i kind of liked better in the anime, where time constraints mean they had to be left up to my interpretation.

the manga is very good and some of the extra character details are appreciated but so far i guess cos i watched it first it just doesn't feel as impactful.

the music in the anime is so fucking perfect

Additionally, the series adds a Jar Jar kids character that never goes away and the faerie starts to take center stage. It just grates after a while. I get why the author did it (he basically lampshades it in one of the scenes), as the series would get so dark and hopeless that it was/could be a real downer to read in extended sessions, so the camp characters are there to offer levity. That said, I still can't stand the camp.
you mean puck? i kind of like what i've seen from him/her so far. the manga in general has a bit more "humor" than the anime which is sort of jarring but hasn't been too bad in this first part.

mostly i hope by episode 300 things have progressed a fair bit, i get the impression they won't, but that's what i hope. i'd love if this whole revenge arc was over and something else came up later, that'd be great as i don't like it when things drag on incessantly (which is why i didn't bother reading it for a long while)

I beat Lost Planet 3. Glad I did actually finish it. Some of the Akrid encounters were poorly made but the last section of this game is pretty good and how it is a prequel to Lost Planet 1 is actually done pretty well I thought without being bullshit.
That 1 v 1 Rig battle was probably the best fight in the game. Then the final battle.
oh it's a prequel? guess it is, i was thinking how the ending is satisfying for the story that is in the game, but sets up things for a sequel rather nicely haha

Kiru

I was looking to waste some time earlier so I downloaded the Triad Wars beta again, which I had put maybe a half hour into a while back. Now that I have played Sleeping Dogs it actually makes sense now. It uses the same city as SD and all the same controls and everything. So far all of the areas you attack are completely identical which doesn't bode well, but I will play it a bit more to see. I assume there's going to be pvp stuff but I haven't hit any yet.
According to UFG it's actually a prequel to Sleeping Dogs before Wei Shen arrives. I kinda play it regularly too if you have any questions... :p

Nice looking forward to trying it. I am still on my quest at completing my entire steam library backlog in alphabetical order and on A with Alan Wake so it may take a while to get to Lost Planet lol.

I am not buying anymore games until I finish.

Until fall and winter sale :(

played it for a few hours before I realized the gameplay was going to be the same for the next 1000 hours...

Uninstalled it. What a disaster.

also there is no PVP when I played it

Tizoc

Nice looking forward to trying it. I am still on my quest at completing my entire steam library backlog in alphabetical order and on A with Alan Wake so it may take a while to get to Lost Planet lol.

I am not buying anymore games until I finish.

Until fall and winter sale :(

Play LP3 on Easy. LP3 to me is repayable due to its story and characters for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom