• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
we totally should do steamgaf's "sim like you never sim'ed" before week. I don't think I ever seriously played any of those sims and there are maybe two people in my fl that play them at all. We should start with farming ones or train sims, for kicks.

Oh, those are the boring ones though. I wanna play the police simulators, those are always hilarious.

Turfster

Why would you do this? You don't even like the superior open world RPG The Witcher 3 all that much.
Witcher3 wasn't horrible, it was just pretty broken with a garbage UI, some of the problems got fixed with the latest patch at the time I played (1.08? the big one that changed the movement up a bit).
I'm still damn glad I played it.

what's with all the treachery lately?
you are not buying it, I'm not either, I thought we had it settled.
Well the deal isn't live and probably not coming back, so this is a hypothetical =p

Haven't played a Uplay game in a long long time. If you are talking about the new look of it, you may find some info in the Uplay OT which is still on its first page hahaha

giphy.gif

Tektonic

Can someone tell me why steam keeps taunting me about steam link and steam controller, even there is no way to preorder?

I can't preorder now Steam, I'm in Australia, but you still mock me!!

Arthea

That's not how you spell Life is Strange.

lemme explain you why you all should vote for Trails SC instead.
LiS is already as popular as it's possible and it's pretty much finished.
W3 also is insanely popular and not going anywhere.
While Trails third chapter only can get here if SC is popular beyond belief, any little thing helps, like steamgaf GOTY award for example. Just think about it! You can make a difference voting for Trails, you make nothing voting for any other game, they are already famous enough.
convinced yet?

Sober

lemme explain you why you all should vote for Trails SC instead.
LiS is already as popular as it's possible and it's pretty much finished.
W3 also is insanely popular and not going anywhere.
While Trails third chapter only can get here if SC is popular beyond belief, any little thing helps, like steamgaf GOTY award for example. Just think about it! You can make a difference voting for Trails, you make nothing voting for any other game, they are already famous enough.
convinced yet?
Strategic voting doesn't actually work.

See: modern democracies

Jawmuncher

im curious to see if trails even makes it into the votes this year. Where did the first game land? I know the first game a lot of people bought it thanks to traders but never played it. Plus it's coming out right after people bought zesteria so not a lot of people are going to get it right away. So all in all things aren't looking good, even at its 30 dollar price.

derExperte

Since we can't come to a consensus anyway why not do as I proposed and vote for Hatred?

what's with all the treachery lately?
you are not buying it, I'm not either, I thought we had it settled.

By my estimates since declaring you're not buying anymore games you've added more than I've bought. Repent you hypocrite!

pahamrick

im curious to see if trails even makes it into the votes this year. Where did the first game land? I know the first game a lot of people bought it thanks to traders but never played it. Plus it's coming out right after people bought zesteria so not a lot of people are going to get it right away. So all in all things aren't looking good, even at its 30 dollar price.

It won't make it onto my list, despite my love for FC. It's just releasing at a really bad time for me.

Jawmuncher

L
Watch Lightning Returns, Tyrano Builder and Borderless Gaming sweep 1, 2 and 3.

Don't hate on Tyrano Builder. Did you play my VN?

It won't make it onto my list, despite my love for FC. It's just releasing at a really bad time for me.

Seems to be coming out at a bad time for a lot of people. Dunno why they thought a week after zesteria (the same fanbase you're basically aiming at) was a good idea.

pahamrick

Seems to be coming out at a bad time for a lot of people. Dunno why they thought a week after zesteria (the same fanbase you're basically aiming at) was a good idea.

Pretty much. I'm still deep into Zestria via family sharing, then Original Sin EE releases like 2 days prior to that, and then 2 weeks later is Fallout 4. I get there was extenuating circumstances, but a summer release like FC would have been ideal.

Dsyndrome

Since we can't come to a consensus anyway why not do as I proposed and vote for Hatred?

Will we all get banned? Who'd post Anime Gifs and talk about TiTS for Frost? I'd say let's vote for Criminal Girls while we're at it, but it'd be a wasted vote since it's not on Steam.

Arthea

By my estimates since declaring you're not buying anymore games you've added more than I've bought. Repent you hypocrite!
why would you propose such a thing?

I slipped couple of times, but I try! It has to start working at some point if I keep trying

1. NepNep 3
2. NepNep
3. NepNep 2
4. NekoPara vol. 0
5. Tyranno Builder

It was a good year.

top Nep.jpg

Dr Dogg

Don't hate on Tyrano Builder. Did you play my VN?

Who says I'm hating? There's a big field this year and I imagine votes will be spread quite thin so stuff fresh in the memory or what folks have spent a lot of time with will probably do well. No didn't know you'd finished it yet.

Maniac

Banned
Oh, I was just Wow because of the comment itself. I rather liked Inquisition.

NrMutgE.png

That's alright, we have plenty of people with poor taste and wrong opinions in this thread. See: Dogg's undying Ubilove, Jase's odd obsession with collecting everything and... Prinny's love of those lil' Prinny-things.

And ofcourse also anyone who thinks Kojima is anything more than a hack when it comes to storytelling.
You see this opinion, Hektor?

Don't listen to anyone who writes off anyone so absolutely for the high crime of liking something.

He's not wrong, he's just an asshole.

Or atleast, I am.

pahamrick

That's alright, we have plenty of people with poor taste and wrong opinions in this thread. See: Dogg's undying Ubilove, Jase's odd obsession with collecting everything and... Prinny's love of those lil' Prinny-things.

And ofcourse also anyone who thinks Kojima is anything more than a hack when it comes to storytelling.

He's not wrong, he's just an asshole.

Or atleast, I am.

True enough. For me, only my opinion is the one that matters so it's all good.

You're not an asshole, just a little thorny around the edges.

Maniac

Banned
True enough. For me, only my opinion is the one that matters so it's all good.

You're not an asshole, just a little thorny around the edges.

Eheh... Eheheheh...
My asshole is thorny around the edges too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edit: And I totes agree, your own opinion is, obviously, the important part. Agreeing with someone 100% isn't exactly the easiest thing ever.

I'll never stop refering to Bioware, and especially DA:I, as trash though. :3
I enjoyed Inquisition, though it had a ton more potential.

I've also played quite a few actual RPGs.

Fight me.

I've killed sexier people for far less. Do not tempt me.

Sober

But if I simply tell people that their gaming tastes are inferior to mine then I don't have to say anything or have an actual opinion of substance and at the same time feel superior to everyone else!

It's a win-win for me!

Maniac

Banned
But if I simply tell people that their gaming tastes are inferior to mine then I don't have to say anything or have an actual opinion of substance and at the same time feel superior to everyone else!

It's a win-win for me!

Exactly!

I collected every single fucking feather in AC2 and I regret it to this very day

Well considering the games I play usually are a year behind or a few years behind. I guess Arcana Heart 3 Love Max counts since it was only released on Steam this year though and it is my first time playing it.

Not sure what else will make it. I guess Darkest Dungeon and maybe something else afterwards.

Most AAA games that come out are whatever to me anyway and don't interest me in even remotely playing so I doubt any game I say will matter anyway.

Jawmuncher

Well considering the games I play usually are a year behind or a few years behind. I guess Arcana Heart 3 Love Max counts since it was only released on Steam this year though and it is my first time playing it.

Not sure what else will make it. I guess Darkest Dungeon and maybe something else afterwards.

Most AAA games that come out are whatever to me anyway and don't interest me in even remotely playing so I doubt any game I say will matter anyway.

Doesn't play enough new games

But nah there's nothing wrong with that. Let's you save a lot of money and go into things with a bit less bias some people can have for a new release they just spent 60 on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom