• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I've heard today that FF11 servers are closing next year, what are our chances to get FF11 on winter sale with good discount, I would like to pick it on steam before it goes bye bye. I was also told that you can now pretty much solo all story, so it would be nice for SE to give us big discount for once.

Movies like the Raid are very well reviewed amongst film critics so I'm not really sure if the people you're talking about exist. I mean there are those that think the latest Die Hard movies are horrible but that's most.

There are those who might argue an action movie can't have the depth that the Double Life of Veronique or whatever has but they wouldn't be wrong. Don't think I've ever read someone say action films aren't movies though.

I heard that last week like three times, I guess it depends on your social circle how exposed to movie elitism you are, I mean.

That sounds like you're hanging out with teenagers rather than any real sort of movie elitism. At the very least the "not a real movie" argument is not something used by anyone I've ever read.

Arthea

That sounds like you're hanging out with teenagers rather than any real sort of movie elitism. At the very least the "not a real movie" argument is not something used by anyone I've ever read.

I never in my life have seen a teenager that would call a good action movie garbage. It's when they grow up, they begin to think that they are above such things and movies have to be deep or philosophical or engaging or sound from moral standpoint, etc.
They also never say not a real movie, they say it's not a movie.

But we should be talking games, not movies, so let's leave it at that.

Arthea

talking about EA, they have no intentions releasing Peggle 2 on PC, do they?
Just how stupid such a big company can be? about money no less

Momentary

Banned

It's okay. And by that I mean I haven't finished it since I bought it. It's repetitive and I feel like the whole way they handled equipment in the game is nauseating. Sort of how like finding special gear in Darksiders II was basically pointless. I seriously can't figure out how this game got so much praise. And this is coming from someone who can push through a Neptunia game.

pahamrick

It's okay. And by that I mean I haven't finished it since I bought it. It's repetitive and I feel like the whole way they handled equipment in the game is nauseating. Sort of how like finding special gear in Darksiders II was basically pointless.

Oh, I was just Wow because of the comment itself. I rather liked Inquisition.

NrMutgE.png

ArjanN

Inquisition is kinda mediocre. It has nice production values, and it's easy to play in that modern AAA type game sort of way. but it feels more like single player MMO than a classic CRPG. IMO you're better off with some of of the recent throwback stuff like Diviinty, Shadowrun, Wasteland etc.

I realize it's designed to appeal more to a different crowd than those games though.

There's plenty of movie snobs who think basically everything out of Hollywood is trashy garbage.
In reality it's only mostly everything.

Also, the whole point of the comparison was that the kind of people who write off whole genres with broad generalisations are stupid, just like people who think certain games aren't games because the type of game doesn't appeal to them.

Arthea

Still, don't.

Oh and there's movie buff, and there's someone who pretends to know what he's talking about. Honestly I don't know how one can write off a entire genre like that and thinks he knows about movies.

well, as you ask, the same way one can dismiss all VNs as non games, or games of hundreds of types as anime. People can do such things, they do it every day with straight face no less! and they call themselves gamers, or gaming enthusiasts.

remember, you asked for it!

pahamrick

The Sith Warrior storyline in TOR has more payoff than all of Dragon Age: Inquisition's story content. (Aside from the DLC, since I've never played it.) It's a travesty that this is true.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. Now if you had said Imperial Agent, on the other hand...

Got drunk last night and woke up to see a receipt in my email and shower with dad simulator in my library.

🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚

At least it was only a buck.

Dr Dogg

Um, reviews are not journalism.

Yes they are. Comment and critique are journalism and are taught through educational institutions across the globe as such as well as employed and supported by unions regardless if you think differently. Journalism is a huge field and not just news and reporting but cover a broad range of disciplines.

Arthea

I've played better Iron-Grabbing Simulators though.
Thery release a bunch of them in Germany every year..

we totally should do steamgaf's "sim like you never sim'ed" before week. I don't think I ever seriously played any of those sims and there are maybe two people in my fl that play them at all. We should start with farming ones or train sims, for kicks.

Shadow Of Mordor on sale for $16.99... hmmmm.,... wait for cheaper or cave? :)

3 steam sales are really close, the largest one too, you could wait, it'll be cheaper at winter sale, I think.

Crusader Kings II is the sim to play.

that would be closer to the year not a week, you know

we totally should do steamgaf's "sim like you never sim'ed" before week. I don't think I ever seriously played any of those sims and there are maybe two people in my fl that play them at all. We should start with farming ones or train sims, for kicks.

Crusader Kings II is the sim to play.

Holy shit the audio quality in Armikrog is abysmal. I've never heard voice work with recording quality that sounds this bad in a game before. Everything is echoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom