• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

on the bright side, steam severs seem to be doing better for the last two days, no?

edited: just read news about new card dropping policy
how do I avoid doing 2 hours thing with new idlemaster, seems to be no way to do that.

edit2: nvm, found it, testing it now, will let you know how it went

They installed additional ones so Steam can handle the SC launch
at least valve has their priorities right

Ludens

Banned
So today is Batman Day. This will be fun :D

I'm expect some threads in Community hub two hours after release, something like "You fixed nothing, WB!", "The only reason they "fixed" this is to sell DLCs" and stuff like this.

GMG has some pretty nice sales for their Halloween event.

Yeah, but prices are always expensive as usually. I mean, you can take Blackguards 2 plus other games from Humble for half the price GMG asks, and this is just one example excluding Capcom games.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

We did a little experiment yesterday with the release of Divinity-Original Sin - Enhanced Edition to discover if people actually do read end user license agreements (EULA's).

Our EULA on Steam included the following phrase: "16. Special Consideration. A special consideration in material or immaterial form may be awarded to the first 100 authorized licensees to actually read this section of the EULA and contact LARIAN STUDIOS at info@larian.com. This offer can be withdrawn by LARIAN STUDIOS at any time."

We're telling you now because the results are in and it turns out that you in fact do read these things. Our lawyer feels good about this.

He's also revoking the consideration because we're making him pay for every mail we get :)

Xanathus

GMG has some pretty nice sales for their Halloween event.

Except Witcher 3 which they're STILL listing as 50% off even though they've been Out of Stock since all the shenanigans with CD Projekt. It's especially annoying because this means that they're always listed as the lowest price on Enhanced Steam.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
The daily "let me remind you something of utter importance" post

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC

t1446138000z0.png

Soon.jpg

I haven't played a game in weeks, I hope this will cure my gaming laziness :)

Maniac

Banned
I thought Rise of Incarnates was a nice idea but all things considered.
Put Tekken 7 on Steam you brain dead idiots.

Also for sanity's sake I'd just put morningbus on Ignore list til he can actually post in here like a normal person @_@

He's still a lot more on-topic and of value to the general discussions in the thread than the majority of you noobz.
Kojima is a true visionary, a true GENIUS. One of the best in the world at what he does. We are privileged to be living in the same time as him.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I concur. Truely.

This is not sarcasm, I'm telling you. I mean, who wouldn't think Kojima a visionary? Such a lust for hatred! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!?

It can't be worse than 2. *shrug*
Can it?

It's a different kind of bad. That still has somewhat entertained me for 50h.
Graphics is pretty, combat can be entertaining if you put some real effort into understanding it, camera views are terrible, quests are terrible, NPC's are sometimes entertaining, quite awful as an open world RPG.

Phinor

Now that's just a great little thing to do. Made bunch of people happy and gives Divinity a little extra exposure because that's surely worth a news article at some sites.

I'm seriously considering starting Enhanced Edition although I beat the game last year and Fallout 4 is coming in less than two weeks..

Arthea

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die has a discount right now -35% on steam, it ends November 2. Now that's as low as D4 has been, but winter sale is coming, it could go lower if daily or flash deal.
decisions, decisions

Buy it! Swery needs the money to make Season 2 faster!

but this is such a bad timing... again

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die has a discount right now -35% on steam, it ends November 2. Now that's as low as D4 has been, but winter sale is coming, it could go lower if daily or flash deal.
decisions, decisions

Buy it! Swery needs the money to make Season 2 faster!

but this is such a bad timing... again

Look inside you, you know that this time you really want to look for D.

Ludens

Banned

Will owners of the original get this for free? If no, it's a shame, since this should be just the UE 4 engine port, based on PS4 version (and that version is simply a mess even today after several patches).
I mean, Astronauts did this with Vanishing, the same applies to Dreamfall Chapters owners, getting the new Unity version for free.

Literally the only difference I see is now the game has several subtitle languages while the original was english only, I think.

Arthea

gog Halloween sale is up
http://www.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_halloween_monster_hunt_281015

Witcher on sale, obviously

Will owners of the original get this for free? If no, it's a shame, since this should be just the UE 4 engine port, based on PS4 version (and that version is simply a mess even today after several patches).
I mean, Astronauts did this with Vanishing, the same applies to Dreamfall Chapters owners, getting the new Unity version for free.

Literally the only difference I see is now the game has several subtitle languages while the original was english only, I think.

wait what? I didn't know about DC new version at all, still haven't bought it too.

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
Not surprising. But data below 10k shouldn't be less accurate than others. The real number will still be within the stated margin of error. It just means that the margin or error is big relative to the mean.

So sales could be anywhere between 4k and 8k

I can't really comment on sales, but it's worth noting that the way that Steamspy averages data over a few days means that it isn't as accurate during the initial sales period.

Arthea

I can't really comment on sales, but it's worth noting that the way that Steamspy averages data over a few days means that it isn't as accurate during the initial sales period.

can you hint is it higher or lower, please?

BTW, I bought a game!

Devs are just porting the existing game into the last version of Unity. When you'll buy the game, you'll access the latest build with Unity engine.

yeah, I understood that, but when this is going to happen?

Even a hint would probably be too much. I'm going to assume it's higher though.

yeah, it sounds like it to me too, I just wanted confirmation I'm not misunderstanding it or something

Yeah, as far as I know it avarages over 3 days, but the number went up by 1,5k since yesterday, so I guess three days of data are not enough to get an accurate picture for smaller releases.

Three days after the launch discount ends should be better, I guess? I still think SteamSpy shouldn't publish owners data until a certain time has passed, as it always leads to misunderstandings. I thought I understood how it works but I guess I didn't think about it enough.
Even a hint would probably be too much. I'm going to assume it's higher though.

It should be higher than my estimate, since the number went up by 1,5k since yesterday.

Arthea

Yeah, as far as I know it avarages over 3 days, but the number went up by 1,5k since yesterday, so I guess three days of data are not enough to get an accurate picture for smaller releases.

Three days after the launch discount ends should be better, I guess? I still think SteamSpy shouldn't publish sales data until a certain time has passed, as it always leads to misunderstandings.

nah it's OK, we know we need to wait longer for more accurate data (the same was true for MGS5 and Mad Max), we just get impatient at times, but that's not a big deal.

Now. They said they want to port existing episodes before releasing episode 4, a beta should go live this week.

dang... I should have bought it when it was on sale, but who could have known

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight

The week long launch discount means that sales tend to come in throughout the week, although obviously as a general rule they tend to be higher in the first few days rather than the end of the week, not always though.

The week long launch discount means that sales tend to come in throughout the week, although obviously as a general rule they tend to be higher in the first few days rather than the end of the week, not always though.

Yeah that's exactly what I missed. A sales spike for example wouldn't show up fully until a few days later, so it's probably best to wait until the discount has ended.

Arthea

Also the week long launch discount means that sales tend to come in throughout the week, although obviously as a general rule they tend to be higher in the first few days rather than the end of the week, not always though.

as we are talking sales, are you happy with initial WotS4 sales?

Umh...why? I mean, it's not like Vanishing, I think you won't get a +1, just one entry in your library with the latest Unity build.
don't scare me like that! I thought they'll rerelease it as a new game and it will be more expensive
everything is fine then, but it probably won't have a better discount any time soon after they upgrade it
Oh well, no rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom