• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

That's great to hear. Really enjoyed that game.

Speaking of games I wish did well. I really hope Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! will pick up some sales once it gets its first discount. Great game and solid port.

Waiting for it to hit Vita sale prices myself.

dex3108

Just Cause 3 Graphic settings on PC

JC3-Options.jpg

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/just-cause-3-pc-graphics-options-revealed/

Arthea

Isn't that the weakest game in the series?

I'm still holding hope they could release this

Say ross, could you post how many upcoming titles Ghostlight are working on getting released on Steam please?
I am still thirsty for more (good) obscure Japanese releases.

have you played El Shaddai? It looks stylish, yes, but I found a game to be lacklustre, it's a style over the substance case. What I want to say there are better games out there we should as for!

Tizoc

That's some avatar, Tizoc.

I lost a bet~
I'm just worried I don't offend anyone :X

have you played El Shaddai? It looks stylish, yes, but I found a game to be lacklustre, it's a style over the substance case. What I want to say there are better games out there we should as for!

Yeah I beat it on PS3 and wouldn't mind a 2nd replay on PC. I don't mind games with simple gameplay like it TBH.

Now if they can get Shadows of the Damned up on Steam, they'll have my eternal respect and gratitude.

jediyoshi

EFF fighting the good fight
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/...ress-renews-and-expands-protections-fair-uses

The exemptions we requested—ripping DVDs and Blurays for making fair use remixes and analysis; preserving video games and running multiplayer servers after publishers have abandoned them; jailbreaking cell phones, tablets, and other portable computing devices to run third party software; and security research and modification and repairs on cars—have each been accepted, subject to some important caveats.

Archiving and Preserving Video Games

The Librarian granted part of EFF’s new proposal for an exemption to preserve abandoned video games. The new exemption allows players to modify their copy of a game to eliminate the need for an authentication server after the original server is shut down. Museums, libraries, and archives can go a step further and jailbreak game consoles as needed to get the games working again. Disappointingly, the Librarian limited the exemption to games that can’t be played at all after a server shutdown, excluding games where only the online multiplayer features are lost. Still, this exemption will help keep many classic and beloved video games playable by future generations.

Madn

I've finally decided to finish playing Dark Souls 1 and I'm wondering what I should level up between vit, stamina and damage. Any tips?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Santerestil, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Santerestil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-FE9829094DB7BEC9 - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.

t1446039614z1.png

Ludens

Banned
Ether One's dev replied me, Redux will be free for owners of the original game, just wait until the new version will appear in your library.

Knurek

Does FF13 actually MSAA as it states in the launcher? I set it to x2 or x4 and am getting 60 FPS.

FF13 uses MSAA for hair transparencies, not for jaggies reduction.

Also, what the fuck are you doing that you're getting 60 fps in FF13? Do you have a quantum CPU and GTX2580 quad-way?

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
Say ross, could you post how many upcoming titles Ghostlight are working on getting released on Steam please?
I am still thirsty for more (good) obscure Japanese releases.

Last I heard we were looking at 2 more games, but nothing has been confirmed on those yet.

There's also a few other things that we're looking at for the more distant future, including one that hasn't even been announced for Japan yet (I was really quite excited to get a play with that one).

Last I heard we were looking at 2 more games, but nothing has been confirmed on those yet.

There's also a few other things that we're looking at for the more distant future, including one that hasn't even been announced for Japan yet (I was really quite excited to get a play with that one).

While we're doing a Ghostlight Q&A, could you please put Devil Survivor Overclocked on sale on the 3DS eShop again? I missed it last year :)

Tizoc

FF13 uses MSAA for hair transparencies, not for jaggies reduction.

Also, what the fuck are you doing that you're getting 60 fps in FF13? Do you have a quantum CPU and GTX2580 quad-way?

I re-installed it on my lappy recently and only played a few minutes from where I left off; it was Sazh and Vanille and it ran fine at 60 FPS last I played. Will likely finish up that area when I get back from work to see if it can keep that steady fps.

I have an NVidia card and used NVidia control panel to run the game at max power (forgot what the proper name of that option is :X)

BTW you can trim the game's install size, by at least 20 GB if you delete specific video files that you don't need.

We are, yes :)
That's really great to hear. Glad your poker on Steam paid off - literally :p
And also, this could very well mean more quality ports in the near future, right? Wink-wink nudge-nudge. Don't have to spoil the surprise but let me dream!
Please stop with the FXAA.
I prefer FXAA to 2xMSAA, sometimes even 4xMSAA. Less visible jaggies.

But now that I tried MFAA I totally fell in love with that.
I watched and read about this a lot since months. Sounds really interesting.
QSlG5WF.png

4958527+_a0fcad0eca79a68db212308fb27cf632.jpg

Incredible! This looks so much easier on the eyes than the new 3D version.
You gotta do the triple buffer trick. Something like, hold alt and tab and then let go when the task switcher is on the AssCreed icon.

I'm dead serious.
Will it work if I just enable Triple-Buffering Globally on the Nvidia Settings?

Knurek

I re-installed it on my lappy recently and only played a few minutes from where I left off; it was Sazh and Vanille and it ran fine at 60 FPS last I played. Will likely finish up that area when I get back from work to see if it can keep that steady fps.

Unless Squeenix patched things from when I played it, you will have a terrible, terrible time trying to keep the 60fps going in battles. It will stutter anytime numbers are shown on screen, which in FF13's case is every single frame.

Jazz573

Unless Squeenix patched things from when I played it, you will have a terrible, terrible time trying to keep the 60fps going in battles. It will stutter anytime numbers are shown on screen, which in FF13's case is every single frame.

On the topic of FFXIII when's everyone's favourite goddess returning to Steam? :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD5Nl1D1QQo

http://steamcommunity.com/games/insurgency/announcements/detail/69037803022286718

Whoa.

Just saw the Conquer update video for Insurgency.

The update has doubled the content for some of the co-op gamemodes, as well as adding new weapons, a map (which in traditional fashion should support all the existing gamemodes) and general cool stuff like new sights and attachments.

75 hours in and I still can't get enough of this game.
This trailer is incredible. INCREDIBLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom