• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyomi

8GB ftw

this is the correct amount.

iIKqtEctBxWap.gif

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey Dusk, while you are here could you link me to the post where you listed a bunch of scary games that you posted a few days ago? I can't find it :(

Sure can, though I plan to re-post with games that on sale (so some might be taken off, a few I might add) once the Halloween Sale starts (which is very, very, very soon):

Post 1: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=182604122&postcount=15707

Post 2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=182604929&postcount=15713

From Batman patch note post:
For Windows 10 users, we’ve found that having at least 12GB of system RAM on a PC allows the game to operate without paging and provides a smoother gameplay experience.
OK, wait. Does this mean noboby with 8GB of system memory will manage to run the game without major stuttering and framedrops?
Batman AK looks like the outlier. I don't know of another game needing +8GB for optimal performance. Eh, hoping my 8 gigs will carry me some more years.

Hm, a technical question. My motherboard has Dual Channel for RAM and mine are 2x4GB. If I add another 4GB stick from another vendor, will that disable advantages of running Dual Channel, or is it advised to pull the 2x4 out and get 2x8 sticks?

Asgaro

MS is getting on my nerves.

FqLhEI6.png

Yeah, I can hide updates so these messages go away. It's just wrong they don't have an easily accessible opt-out in this nag window.

Millions of non tech savvy people will eventually have given in to upgrade to make it go away. And now they are running a messy OS installation, because upgrades are never as clean as clean-installs.

Yeah. After hearing about the problems, I've written 10 off. Might upgrade for the next version after. I tend to use the same OS for at least five years on average.

Chariot

Huh, what is going on? I thought people were mostly positive about it a few weeks ago. Was it Konami'd or did I listen to the wrong people?

Dusk Golem

I've avoided upgrading since there's some really old horror games I still need to play that can be tricky to run on a Windows 7 computer, let alone a Windows 10 one.

White Day and NOCTURNE are done, but there are others I want to complete all the way (like the Blair Witch games and maybe a replay of White Day).

Remember: when you don't upgrade your devices your selfishness does not hurt only yourself, but the developer community at large because we have to put up with your legacy shit #forthefuture

(Only half joking here)

Dusk Golem

The NieR sequel I am quite excited for, with Platinum and that universe it promises some amazing things. Gameplay wise it should be more fully realized, and with the quirky world and gameplay mash-ups, it can definitely be something special. The only thing I'm worried about for the NieR sequel is if it can live up to the original game's soundtrack/story,

It probably can't.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
The NieR sequel I am quite excited for, with Platinum and that universe it promises some amazing things. Gameplay wise it should be more fully realized, and with the quirky world and gameplay mash-ups, it can definitely be something special. The only thing I'm worried about for the NieR sequel is if it can live up to the original game's soundtrack/story,

It probably can't.

Same writer and composer! Emi Evan's isn't confirmed for vocals yet but I'm sure she'll come in too for the OST.

Hektor

The only thing I'm worried about for the NieR sequel is if it can live up to the original game's soundtrack/story,

It probably can't.

You may want to listen to Drakengard 3's "The last song", "Kuroi Hana" and "This silence is mine" as well as some of the boss themes.

Dusk Golem

Same writer and composer! Emi Evan's isn't confirmed for vocals yet but I'm sure she'll come in too for the OST.

I know that, but for music especially, the original NieR's soundtrack took something like 3 years to put together. NieR's music people were also on Drakengard 3, and that game had some good music tracks, but didn't even come close to touching NieR's.

You may want to listen to Drakengard 3's "The last song", "Kuroi Hana" and "This silence is mine" as well as some of the boss themes.

I own the Drakengard 3 CE's, I know. There are some amazing songs there, but as a whole the overall soundtrack is weaker than NieR's, and I don't think most would disagree.

It probably can't.

Here's a quote from Yoko Taro

"I am the writer so i can't confirm the story will be good"

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I know that, but for music especially, the original NieR's soundtrack took something like 3 years to put together. NieR's music people were also on Drakengard 3, and that game had some good music tracks, but didn't even come close to touching NieR's.

Yeah it was a mishmash of styles from OG Drakengards and Nier so they were going for something familiar to the Drakengard series on that which was weirdly chaotic. (I only like a few songs myself from D3.)
I'd expect something more in line with what we heard in the original for this one.

Hektor

I own the Drakengard 3 CE's, I know. There are some amazing songs there, but as a whole the overall soundtrack is weaker than NieR's, and I don't think most would disagree.

CE's? Multiple ones?

Speaking of RAM, I remember my first PC, I had 4mb on it and upgraded to 8mb, it cost me around 180 euros haha.XD

In 92-93 I built a PC for my online BBS I was running. I was running os/2 so I wanted lots of memory. Got 16 megs. I spent almost $1700 for the ram alone.

Almost always. As an exception to the rule, CD Projekt underestimated the hour value in Witcher 3's DLC, Heart of Stone.

I almost always take twice as long if not more on most games. Guess I'm getting slow in my old age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom