• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

There's only one Nier and it's brilliant

The only Nier I know is from this webcomic...
8NfQuLB.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yeah it was a mishmash of styles from OG Drakengards and Nier so they were going for something familiar to the Drakengard series on that which was weirdly chaotic. (I only like a few songs myself from D3.)
I'd expect something more in line with what we heard in the original for this one.

I actually think all the Drakengard games have different stylized musics. The first game's soundtrack I actually like a LOT, the way they used sampling and how atmospheric/catchy/creepy some of the songs are. But then Drakengard 2 has a very different style of music, and then I felt so did Drakengard 3, each tackled music very differently in my opinion.

NieR was also quite different, and had an amazing soundtrack as most know, but then that soundtrack was something they spent a lot of time on, there's some very interesting articles about the development of NieR's soundtrack and how long it took.

I expect the NieR sequel to have some amazing tracks, what I'm worried about is a minor thing and wouldn't ruin the game or anything, but can the whole soundtrack stand up to NieR's? A soundtrack with a few amazing songs is not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but for a follow-up to a soundtrack like NieR's, I hope but don't expect it to be as amazing. I hope to be proven wrong, though.

CE's? Multiple ones?

I kind of typed it accidentally, just one CE, I pre-ordered it the day it became available and have it right over there on my shelf.

Something to clarify is I expect the sequel to be amazing, and I'm very excited for it. Something about the whole Drakengard/NieR series is that they have amazing stories, amazing music, amazing atmosphere, but often have mediocre/repetitive/specific taste gameplay, or at the very least some flaws. Great experiences though. NieR's sequel is sure to have the best gameplay in the series due to Platinum being at the helm, but maybe because it's too good to be true I worry how the story/music may fair for the sequel, since I think very few would disagree with me if I were to say those two areas were the best part about NieR.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I actually think all the Drakengard games have different stylized musics. The first game's soundtrack I actually like a LOT, the way they used sampling and how atmospheric/catchy/creepy some of the songs are. But then Drakengard 2 has a very different style of music, and then I felt so did Drakengard 3, each tackled music very differently in my opinion.

NieR was also quite different, and had an amazing soundtrack as most know, but then that soundtrack was something they spent a lot of time on, there's some very interesting articles about the development of NieR's soundtrack and how long it took.

I expect the NieR sequel to have some amazing tracks, what I'm worried about is a minor thing and wouldn't ruin the game or anything, but can the whole soundtrack stand up to NieR's? A soundtrack with a few amazing songs is not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but for a follow-up to a soundtrack like NieR's, I hope but don't expect it to be as amazing. I hope to be proven wrong, though.

I kind of typed it accidentally, just one CE, I pre-ordered it the day it became available and have it right over there on my shelf.

Something to clarify is I expect the sequel to be amazing, and I'm very excited for it. Something about the whole Drakengard/NieR series is that they have amazing stories, amazing music, amazing atmosphere, but often have mediocre/repetitive/specific taste gameplay, or at the very least some flaws. Great experiences though. NieR's sequel is sure to have the best gameplay in the series due to Platinum being at the helm, but I maybe because it's too good to be true I worry how the story/music may fair for the sequel, since I think very few would disagree with me if I were to say those two areas were the best part about NieR.

It's cool! We'll see soon enough I think and we can judge what is laid before us. Personally pretty jazzed at the moment because the game-play is right up my alley with the android pulling off Vergil-esque moves.

The exclusivity isn't even logical.

Take a super niche title, that was previously multiplatform, and relegate it to a single platform? That doesn't maximize sales potential.

Well the last related game Drakengard 3 was exclusive to the PS3 too which is a shame because it runs at like 3 FPS sometimes.

Stuff and things.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Blackguards -- MB-988FBA279657E55A - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
Contagion #2 -- MB-FFB091B5055DA480 - Taken by Phinor. 1 entrants total.
Contagion #1 -- MB-ABFE94FDBD170974 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 1 entrants total.
Insurgency -- MB-86BA180AEDC6803E

t1446119951z1.png

Hektor

I was jelly for a second because i thought you had a 10th anniversary box or something. :3

Something to clarify is I expect the sequel to be amazing, and I'm very excited for it. Something about the whole Drakengard/NieR series is that they have amazing stories, amazing music, amazing atmosphere, but often have mediocre/repetitive/specific taste gameplay, or at the very least some flaws. Great experiences though. NieR's sequel is sure to have the best gameplay in the series due to Platinum being at the helm, but maybe because it's too good to be true I worry how the story/music may fair for the sequel, since I think very few would disagree with me if I were to say those two areas were the best part about NieR.

Im pretty confident with that, Yoko Taro showed that he learned a lot between Drakengard 1 and Nier, while the story of D3 may be questionable to some due to its crazyness, i figure that got less to do with him in per se and more with him writing without constraints, which will most likeley not be the case with automata.

As for the soundtrack, every game so far had a different one as you said, so i wont expect Niers soundtrack again, but something rather different, probably more mechanical and maybeeven electronic when i think about the story, but im confident in Okabe making something very excotic again.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Im pretty confident with that, Yoko Taro showed that he learned a lot between Drakengard 1 and Nier, while the story of D3 may be questionable to some due to its crazyness, i figure that got less to do with him in per se and more with him writing without constraints, which will most likeley not be the case with automata.

As for the soundtrack, every game so far had a different one as you said, so i wont expect Niers soundtrack again, but something rather different, probably more mechanical and maybeeven electronic when i think about the story, but im confident in Okabe making something very excotic again.

Also there was apparently a few production problems with Drakengard 3 apparently and the budget was extremely low as well compared to Nier. So far it looks like SE didn't skimp on Automata.

Jawmuncher

Too bad Square isn't really big on giving us ports of games from last gen. Looks like after lightning returns we probably won't be seeing much from that gen from them.

Ludens

Banned
Too bad Square isn't really big on giving us ports of games from last gen. Looks like after lightning returns we probably won't be seeing much from that gen from them.

Nier is also super-hard to find for a good price, my local Gamestop has a copy for 10€ but they don't manage to find it inside the store :S

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The problem is that everything in Alan Wake is mediocre at best. The light-based combat is the only inspired thing about AW, and it sucks.

Agreed.

Just imagine Deadly Premonition with that combat engine... it would be better!

No, it wouldn't. :/ At least it'd be a better port though.

When's Marvelax Payne 3, Remedy?

When I played it I initially used a joy2key template for my 360 controller but the driving was so terrible I finally gave up and just used mouse and keyboard. Driving was still pretty rough, it's super sensitive and prone to oversteer, particularly with the motorcycles.

The thing is, the Steam Controller is supposed to emulate the keyboard and mouse. Someone made a controller-like conversion for the Witcher 1 which shows that potential off. Nobody last time I boosted Just Cause 1 up tried to make a config. And I can't be assed to do it myself because fucking about for 2 hours to try to get a controller layout that's comfortable for me to go through it quickly isn't "fun" for me.

Dusk Golem

So, anyone got their eyes on anything for the Halloween Sale? From previous years, I find if there's certain horror games you want to buy sometimes the Halloween Sale is best for them, a number of horror-related titles go on sale a lot cheaper during the sale than the following Winter Sale, in my experience.

Chariot

So, anyone got their eyes on anything for the Halloween Sale? From previous years, I find if there's certain horror games you want to buy sometimes the Halloween Sale is best for them, a number of horror-related titles go on sale a lot cheaper during the sale than the following Winter Sale, in my experience.
Holding out for a New Vegas Ultimate Deal on the eve of Fallout 4. Other than that... NepNep of course.

I'm not into horror games right now so I'm not too hopeful but I'll keep an eye on it. If Dead Rising 3 gets a huge discount, I might get it to fill out the collection.

Grief.exe

Ubisoft is actually doing a great job lately, games that I have been waiting years to be fully discounted have actually shown up.

Beyond Good & Evil
Rainbow Six Series
Dawn of Discovery (Anno 1404 was never added to the Anno sub when it was added back in the western hemisphere and, as a result, never received any discounts)

Now just need Prince of Persia series and Brother in Arms series. I'm starting to be more confident that this will happen.

Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition is only 7.99 on wingamestore. Price mistake for sure.

http://www.wingamestore.com/product/4161/Cities-Skylines-Deluxe-Edition/

Edit: use coupon code skylines for 20% off. Thanks to crazyrabbits.

GOTY.

fertygo

A bit hopeful there's bigger deal for Grim Dawn

dex3108

People really weren't kidding about overuse of Batmobile. Every time I get immersed there it is mandatory Batmobile shit. I barely started playing thus game and I am already sick of Batmobile.

Dusk Golem

Dead Rising I can't imagine not having a sale, Neptunia of course I'll be on board with, as well as trails.

But alas, it be lonely being a horror enthusiast, apparently. Especially since this year has been so good for horror games.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Pretty tired right now so I can't bring anything off the top of my head, but looking at my wishlist going to keep a look out for Claire and Five Nights at Freddy's 4.

Damn, I didn't know it was going to be taken off that quick. I barely got in 5 minutes before it expired.

This is the Sim game I always knew I wanted.

Uzzy

Only the USF4 Halloween outfits for me. I've already got DreadOut to play for Halloween itself, and a ton of other horror games in the backlog.

That said I'll probably see something good in the sale and snap it up, just to add it to the backlog.

SSPssp

Good luck to the people who missed it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SSPssp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cities Skylines Deluxe Edition -- MB-F8FD40F6073FD65A - Taken by PunishedSnake. 60 entrants total.

t1446131711z1.png

Durante

Remember: when you don't upgrade your devices your selfishness does not hurt only yourself, but the developer community at large because we have to put up with your legacy shit #forthefuture

(Only half joking here)
And also, you hurt memory vendors! Think of the memory vendors.

bloke

Evil Within for like... $5 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom