• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

If anyone is interested...

UP - Intel x5-Z8300 board (Kickstarter) Can emulate Gamecube, INSANELY SMALL.

KICKSTARTER - Target goal already met.

Design based on Raspberry Pi, mostly as adevelopmet platform, but this can be used as a anormal PC, so you can isntall Windows, Linux or any other OS and you can install games on it.

Here is an example of it's capabilities running Dolphin, this is based on a commercial tablet with the same atom architecture for comparisons sake:

Why is this good for gaming?

1. The new CherryTrail platform is great for gaming, can run games from 2010 and below at medium/low settings
2. Can be used for streaming games through Steam or Moonlight
3. Low power usage and small form factor, could be modified into a portable handheld.
4. Emulation performance is pretty good, should be able to emulate Gaemcube games, can "run" PSP
5. has enough ports for gamepads and other devices you may want to hook up.

Why don't I just use a Small factor PC / Windows Stick/ Tablet instead?

1. smallest form factor that does not sacrifice ports, not tied down to a tablet interface or design of a box, can be integrated into other things.
2. more ports anf functionailty make it more expandable taht most boards
3. GPIO is a huge benefit for button / board integration
4. One of the first iterations on where we can just buy the atom board by itself with no extra junk.
5. Should be a lot easier to modify a heatsink for the cpu.

Hopefully we can see projects like this:

Xeo7knO.jpg

SPECS:

eKL2bVy.png

Turfster

Oh, totally missed the start of the sale. Did i miss a pricing error or something?

€: oh, no games are showing up. Steam pls.

They care so fucking little the damn garbage search isn't even showing the sale stuff any more.
Hell, the banner even disappeared.

Sober

In other news, I noticed Unity and Rogue have had their regular prices dropped to 30$ finally, so I'm hoping to pick those up on sale by Christmas.

GaussTek

Is it just me or GAF has been terribly slow this morning?

Please, don't die on me today that we have TitS SC launch / Halloween Sale / Humble Weekly :(

Ruruja

Is it just me or GAF has been terribly slow this morning?

Please, don't die on me today that we have TitS SC launch / Halloween Sale / Humble Weekly :(

Yeah it was the same for me until a couple of minutes ago, funny because freshVeggie was saying it's faster than ever for him lol. Maybe it's an issue with DNS servers.

Eila

Downloading SC and getting really shitty speeds.
Just yelled at my ISP but to no avail. Fuck them and this shitty overpriced service.

You sure it's on your ISP? Servers usually get shit on sale time. Try changing your download region, but before that check if it really is your ISP by going to speedtest.

Ludens

Banned
Then do as nabs suggested ... hell, even just buy it with the 50% off coupon... it's only $1.49 difference from the price it was discounted on PSN.

The rule is 75% off or nothing.*

*Excluding rare occasions.

**Because I'm broke and I need to put this rule on myself if I want continue to play, lol. Not because a game is not worth full price or something.

Li Kao

2spooky4me sadly ToT
I know its Ravensoft but I can't stomach many horror-inspired areas or settings.

Eh, I won't categorically say everybody can play it, but the horror elements really aren't something I remember from this game. Maybe some gruesome monsters, at best.

Khronico

2spooky4me sadly ToT
I know its Ravensoft but I can't stomach many horror-inspired areas or settings.

From what I remember there's only one major section that's spooky.

The game does have an overall pretty spooky atmosphere but I was able to handle it and I'm a total coward.

Same. Getting half the speed. :(

Too much load on servers I guess

You sure it's on your ISP? Servers usually get shit on sale time. Try changing your download region, but before that check if it really is your ISP by going to speedtest.

Not sure if it's a coincidence but it's going a lot faster since I turned off the phone lol.
Wasn't getting past 200kbs and now it's all over the place with peaks at 1,5 mbs. I dunno, I had a 2.5 hour window to download and play a bit but it doesn't look like I'll even finish the download. It's 3.4 gb for fuck's sake!

Edit: now it's going at over 3mbs. I was downloading for 30 minutes without going beyond 200kbs before I made the call..

Hey so with Arkham Knight's Windows 7 hard drive paging issue is GPU related. Is that cards without 3GB of vram?

Warner Bros. still acknowledges "a hard drive paging issue with some GPUs on Windows 7" that requires players to periodically restart the game to fix.

If I ever buy this on PC it's going to be for 5$ and only when I have a machine that can brute force it, but even that doesn't seem to be a guarantee...

"If you're running a top-of-the-line system, you might find this playable (although that's not a guarantee) but otherwise you should stay away for performance reasons alone," one reviewer wrote. "I was one of the lucky, hated few for whom, on release, the game worked well for... Now the game crashes every 120 seconds in the batmobile, and around every 8 minutes on foot," wrote another.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/...problematic-arkham-knight-for-pc-12gb-of-ram/

One thing's for damn sure, I am never pre-ordering a game published by Warner Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom