• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
gQ50TgH.png

Someone call a medic!

Riot's artists are, for the most part, kind of terrible. Alas, they don't need to be anything else, so it doesn't really matter much.

I'm not sure if this is a counter-point or to add to the fact that their designs are terrible.

There's only so many times I want to see Anub'Arak redesigned for a new MOBA, and generic, shit-looking art that's worse than the stuff on DA without poking my eyes out.
Y'all are talking about LoL designs when Steam has SMITE — a much better MOBA with much better designs.
Ya'll are crazy if you're being serious.

These are all terrible, for LoL and Smite alike when compared to the GOAT Dota 2.

(No seriously, fuck Smite's in particular, atleast LoL has a general (and 'generic') artstyle and aesthetic theme, whereas Smite is a clusterfuck of gritty, realistic-textured wurms and cartoony flying babies with celshading)

LoL has personality. Smite...

Eh. Yeah, it really doesn't. Although I do play a tad of Smite because it's... Kinda fun, atleast.

But yeah, all you folks have terrible opinions.

And ofcourse, just to remember and be properly on-topic: FUCK ANIMU.
Oh man I thought I clicked into another thread on gaming side about slow console discussions...then I noticed this is the Steam thread.

Fuck it, here's some anime

giphy.gif

Grief is dead, baby. Long live Grief.

derExperte

Since nobody reads my twitter (or my posts):

It's a crying shame I can get top 500 in levels in a twin stick bullethell shooter like Assault Android Cactus.
I suck at these games.

You should all buy it to kick me down to where I belong, at the bottom of the leaderboard.

My scores didn't get transferred from EA to final version so I'm redoing them now.

Can confirm that you suck at these games.

Except that one level. And that other one.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I want to call people's attention to an upcoming game called Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. It is a local multiplayer game. One player is in a room with a bomb, which they need to defuse. Time is ticking. The other player(s) are in the real world, not looking at the bomb, but they have a bomb diffusing manual. The game is designed to be played with VR--obviously the easiest way to pull this off is to have one player with a VR helmet on and the rest in the room--but you could play it without VR as long as the players with the manual can't see the screen. There's a ton of content, so this is something you can play for a very long time.

Here's an example of one of the bomb defusing instructions from one particular type of bomb:
vnKmgUs.png

Just reading the options you can tell how crazy and fun this is going to be. <Instructor> What word is on the display? <Defuser> Display? <Instructor> Wait, is that a question or the word... alternatively <Instructor> What word is on the display? <Defuser> It's blank <Instructor> Wait, like, is the display blank, or is there a word on the display and the word is quote blank unquote?... alternatively <Defuser> Your... etc You can imagine how this is going to go totally bonkers.

There's another module that involves the defuser looking at a light flashing morse code and then tapping it on the table to the instructors so the instructors can read the word to get the code... but all the words are like one letter apart from each other so you know you're going to screw that up. Another one involves the instructors deciphering a pretty complicated venn diagram several times in a row. Another involves the defuser having to solve a maze where he can't see the walls while the instructors have have all the possible mazes but can't see which one the defuser is in.

And like chubigans' games The Oil Blue and Cook, Serve, Delicious there's a mechanic where the defuser occasionally has to switch to parts of the bomb that require maintenance every little while. Just busy work, but it's designed to break your concentration and interrupt your flow...

If you get something wrong, the timer accelerates. You can imagine what the time pressure situation is going to be like. There are a bunch of pre-set missions to tutorialize you and other then that there's an absolute ton of random possibilities. They're also planning to update with new content and new manuals, so I can't imagine you'll run out of content before you tire of the concept. I'm imagining a table with all the instruction manual scattered everywhere. The devs also mentioned they hope that the game will be streamable over Twitch. Imagine Twitch monsters suggesting incorrect information to a streamer. Holy hell. Twitch Plays Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. Yikes.

It is releasing on October 8th for $10-20 (I have no idea what the price is, but I'm sure it's in that ballpark)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/341800/

The team is a small team from Ottawa, Canada and one of the devs previously made DLC Quest, which I thought was pretty fun for what it was, a tiny little cheap game from XBLIG that got a PC port and bundle-dumped a bunch. So I think this is definitely a team you want to support just for the purpose of helping them keep chasing their dream.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
At first when I read your post I was like, "What?!" But watching the video it seems like it could be really fun. It's different enough from Drawful though that I feel like they could have kept Drawful in.

It definitely seems a lot more time sensitive than Drawful was, so streaming it might not work out so well. Hopefully Drawful will be back eventually.

Dsyndrome

All of you besides derExperte
fuck soccer, it's not football :)
need some sports in your lives so you can have minor heat attacks every weekend. Haven't played anything on Steam this weekend, just Dragon Quest IX and Diablo III.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
need some sports in your lives so you can have minor heat attacks every weekend. Haven't played anything on Steam this weekend, just Dragon Quest IX and Diablo III.

When your team is the Washington Godless Heathens, you don't look forward to Sundays all that much. :c

My father was very angry when I talked to him today. Something about a bunch of young English men not tackling young buff Scottish men well enough.

Anastasia

It definitely seems a lot more time sensitive than Drawful was, so streaming it might not work out so well. Hopefully Drawful will be back eventually.

I didn't consider the streaming aspect of it, but that's a good point. The delay on Hitbox isn't too harsh though so I think it would be fine. Will probably just have to wait until you're streaming it to see how it works out.

Another one involves the instructors deciphering a pretty complicated venn diagram several times in a row. Another involves the defuser having to solve a maze where he can't see the walls while the instructors have have all the possible mazes but can't see which one the defuser is in.

Does the defuser get any cues? Like is there a sound if he bumps into a wall? Also, what prevents the "left hand rule" of mazes from working?

Ehhh, if I wasnt enjoying it that much to begin with. I don't wanna put even more time into it.
I didnt even beat reapers of souls, beat diablo with my bro and 2 friends on ps4 and did like 1 or 2 bosses in reaper of souls and felt like i had enough. i got my moneys worth, and i didnt want to play it for like another 5 or so hours

Jawmuncher

I didnt even beat reapers of souls, beat diablo with my bro and 2 friends on ps4 and did like 1 or 2 bosses in reaper of souls and felt like i had enough. i got my moneys worth, and i didnt want to play it for like another 5 or so hours

Me and my friend started get rather tired of it and began to skip a lot of the extra dungeons. We wouldn't even explore the whole dungeon. just try and beeline to the exit the longer the game went on. It's not a bad game and for the 30 bucks i spent on it altogether I got my money's worth as well. Just wished it was more like the Dark Alliance games. Those are really fun dungeon crawlers.

Me and my friend started get rather tired of it and began to skip a lot of the extra dungeons. We wouldn't even explore the whole dungeon. just try and beeline to the exit the longer the game went on. It's not a bad game and for the 30 bucks i spent on it altogether I got my money's worth as well. Just wished it was more like the Dark Alliance games. Those are really fun dungeon crawlers.
Thats what we were soing too and googled how long reaper of souls was we found a bunch of different answers and we were all getting bored of the game so we just agreed to stop. I spent $60 on it and even though technically i didnt finish the game it was worth it, i was really digging it for the first 10 or so hrs

My issue was that idk if my build was op but i was the witch doctor and id just be slaying it without even moving from my spot, even in hard difficulty, game was even easier when in co op, not even the bosses made a huge dent on me, only real challenges were the nemesis.

Lain

Well, there is no point in exploring a whole dungeon really. Getting quickly to the exit is something that translates into the end game as well, since you want to quickly complete Rifts for keys so you can do Greater Rifts which are timed.

TF2 is so boring now. No one plays the best game mode (arena), and only Valve free-player servers are populated. It's a nightmare.

Path of Exile is now the best free-to-play game on the market.

Haunted

I want to call people's attention to an upcoming game called Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. It is a local multiplayer game. One player is in a room with a bomb, which they need to defuse. Time is ticking. The other player(s) are in the real world, not looking at the bomb, but they have a bomb diffusing manual. The game is designed to be played with VR--obviously the easiest way to pull this off is to have one player with a VR helmet on and the rest in the room--but you could play it without VR as long as the players with the manual can't see the screen. There's a ton of content, so this is something you can play for a very long time.

Here's an example of one of the bomb defusing instructions from one particular type of bomb:
vnKmgUs.png

Just reading the options you can tell how crazy and fun this is going to be. <Instructor> What word is on the display? <Defuser> Display? <Instructor> Wait, is that a question or the word... alternatively <Instructor> What word is on the display? <Defuser> It's blank <Instructor> Wait, like, is the display blank, or is there a word on the display and the word is quote blank unquote?... alternatively <Defuser> Your... etc You can imagine how this is going to go totally bonkers.

There's another module that involves the defuser looking at a light flashing morse code and then tapping it on the table to the instructors so the instructors can read the word to get the code... but all the words are like one letter apart from each other so you know you're going to screw that up. Another one involves the instructors deciphering a pretty complicated venn diagram several times in a row. Another involves the defuser having to solve a maze where he can't see the walls while the instructors have have all the possible mazes but can't see which one the defuser is in.

And like chubigans' games The Oil Blue and Cook, Serve, Delicious there's a mechanic where the defuser occasionally has to switch to parts of the bomb that require maintenance every little while. Just busy work, but it's designed to break your concentration and interrupt your flow...

If you get something wrong, the timer accelerates. You can imagine what the time pressure situation is going to be like. There are a bunch of pre-set missions to tutorialize you and other then that there's an absolute ton of random possibilities. They're also planning to update with new content and new manuals, so I can't imagine you'll run out of content before you tire of the concept. I'm imagining a table with all the instruction manual scattered everywhere. The devs also mentioned they hope that the game will be streamable over Twitch. Imagine Twitch monsters suggesting incorrect information to a streamer. Holy hell. Twitch Plays Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. Yikes.

It is releasing on October 8th for $10-20 (I have no idea what the price is, but I'm sure it's in that ballpark)

The team is a small team from Ottawa, Canada and one of the devs previously made DLC Quest, which I thought was pretty fun for what it was, a tiny little cheap game from XBLIG that got a PC port and bundle-dumped a bunch. So I think this is definitely a team you want to support just for the purpose of helping them keep chasing their dream.
I absolutely adore the concept, but the double whammy of best played in VR and not having enough competent English speakers in my immediate surroundings makes this one a pass for me.

But I think the idea is absolutely brilliant and hope they find some success with it.

oipic

finished dishonored, it's pretty fun, samuel turns into a dick at the end

High chaos ending?

I've got to get around to picking up the DLCs one day, and play through again as a killing machine (did the clean hands thing on my first and only play-through). Such a great game.

gurm3n

Neo Member

vnKmgUs.png

This game looks really nice! It reminds me of a mobile game called Space Team which has a similar concept, so maybe you should check it out!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is pretty similar to something like Spaceteam. The puzzles are randomized and there are plenty of symbols that need to be described to the person without the goggles on

EDIT: Weird. Posted at the same time

finished dishonored, it's pretty fun, samuel turns into a dick at the end

gonna do the DLCs next!

That Samuel heel turn actually depends on how you play the game,
if you have high chaos he will be a dick alert everyone that you are there but if you have low chaos he will be chill and not.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
2 in 1 day??

ethanpsb9z.jpg

n7uXGP3.gif

Ethan Carter is hella easy if already beat it though. Might go replay the UE3 edition at some point since I played it on release when it didn't have achievements.

Ethan Carter is hella easy if already beat it though. Might go replay the UE3 edition at some point since I played it on release when it didn't have achievements.

Well if you did everything the chievos were retroactive you just needed to load a save. I had gotten them all except the sniper one when they added them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom