• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could have told you guys not to try to talk to Zky about character design the moment League is mentioned.

Also Anteater I see what you are getting at but I find her design fine.

can someone explain me how the numbers of steamspy work? , for example this:

Owners: 11,782 ± 2,732
Players in the last 2 weeks: 664 ± 648 (5.63%)
Players total: 7,633 ± 2,199 (64.79%)

Eila

± is the variation, meaning the actual number could be up to 11782 minus 2732 or plus 2732.
Owners: number of people who own the game.
Players in the last 2 weeks: number of people who have played the game in the last 2 weeks.
Players total: number of people who have recorded playtime in the game.
Or so I think.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Imo, if you give Blanka enough unnecessary armor and random objects on him he would fit right in with League.

They've already got his purple stepcousin in there, so why not?

rJTrwON.jpg

hey we care about everyone's opinion in this thread!

Cool! Here's mine!

...I thought about getting back into Street Fighter when Ultra 4 came out. Then I looked at the thread in GAF and it was like everyone was posting in Newspeak. I couldn't make heads or tails of it. Then I realized it was now too esoteric for me...bought MK9 on sale and beat story mode with a keyboard...um...Laura looks kinda hot...

My opinions suck.

First line mean there are 11,782 owners of the game with an error margin of 2,732. Meaning the number of owners could be 2,732 more or less than 11,782.
Second line means individual owners having started up the game in the last 14 days. Again, second figure is error margin.
Third line is the same as second apart not being restricted to two week span. In other words, how many individual people have actually started the game up. Plus-minus error margin.

Finally finished The Ballad of Gay Tony. Pretty good sized for a DLC. A solid 10 hours. There's also new mechanics like parachute, cagefighting and new weapons. Writing and characters are crap though. But if you have the patience to get to gripes with GTA4's "unique" feel of movement, you'll have your fun. Flying the Buzz was cool.
Liberty City is insanely well detailed and huge, it is a damn shame when you see how underutilized it all stays during the campaign. Don't want to even imagine the man-hours spent into building all that just to see it become nothing more than a glorious background in the end.
Still have The Lost and Damned left to plow through. Not sure what to expect as I always hear BoGT is the best GTAIV content.
I told you that you could've taken my spot, jerkdish.
Nah, it's cool. Been long since I played last, so I would have dragged you all down anyway. Gave me a chance to finish BoGT and play a bit more Spelunky, too.

They've already got his purple stepcousin in there, so why not?

and his blue one

Well there ya go.
First line mean there are 11,782 owners of the game with an error margin of 2,732. Meaning the number of owners could be 2,732 more or less than 11,782.
Second line means individual owners having started up the game in the last 14 days. Again, second figure is error margin.
Third line is the same as second apart not being restricted to two week span. In other words, how many individual people have actually started the game up. Plus-minus error margin.
Ah that seems really obvious now. Thanks Veggie.

EDIT: Eila thanks as well! I didn't see your post until afterward my bad!

± is the variation, meaning the actual number could be up to 11782 minus 2732 or plus 2732.
Owners: number of people who own the game.
Players in the last 2 weeks: number of people who have played the game in the last 2 weeks.
Players total: number of people who have recorded playtime in the game.
Or so I think.

oh ok now i get it , thanks :)

Anteater

Cool! Here's mine!

...I thought about getting back into Street Fighter when Ultra 4 came out. Then I looked at the thread in GAF and it was like everyone was posting in Newspeak. I couldn't make heads or tails of it. Then I realized it was now too esoteric for me...bought MK9 on sale and beat story mode with a keyboard...um...Laura looks kinda hot...

My opinions suck.

my knowledge of fighting games is still the first street fighter 2

all those new characters are complicated man

gurm3n

Neo Member
Finally finished The Ballad of Gay Tony. Pretty good sized for a DLC. A solid 10 hours. There's also new mechanics like parachute, cagefighting and new weapons. Writing and characters are crap though. But if you have the patience to get to gripes with GTA4's "unique" feel of movement, you'll have your fun. Flying the Buzz was cool.

Liberty City is insanely well detailed and huge, it is a damn shame when you see how underutilized it all stays during the campaign. Don't want to even imagine the man-hours spent into building all that just to see it become nothing more than a glorious background in the end.
Still have The Lost and Damned left to plow through. Not sure what to expect as I always hear BoGT is the best GTAIV content.

Nah, it's cool. Been long since I played last, so I would have dragged you all down anyway. Gave me a chance to finish BoGT and play a bit more Spelunky, too.

Damn, that looks beautiful. Now I regret not getting that GTA collection from Gamersgate for 10 bucks...

Tizoc

Current # of a a game's owners, the number to the left is margin of error, meaning it could be more or less by 2L people.
Number of people who played the game in the past 2 weeks.

Total current # of players if not the number of people who actually played the game.

That's just my guess btw ^^:

You telling me every single lol champion is a good design? I'm calling bias

I'm with corrosive on this.
I mean LoL's got good designs, but they're not the ONLY video game series in the world :V

Anteater

that looks really cool

still haven't finished gay tony, i enjoyed The Lost and Damned tho, something about being in a bike gang was fascinating and they've improved quite a few things with the gameplay

gaytony was made after the lost and damned so it might be the better game out of the two

FloatOn

I haven't played a video game in a week. Pretty lame. I will remedy this tomorrow.

Side note - go see the martian. It's so good.

Grief.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom