• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

people are hyping up Transfarmers after the lackluster Korra?

Why?
Beats me, I was wondering the same thing.

Because TF Devastation is a $50 game that is Bayonetta+Vanquish+MG Rising in terms of gameplay.
If you actually bothered to follow the game's discussion you'd know why, instead of just making a one off comment :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1117255&page=14

Just read the last 2 pages for quick impressions on the gameplay and why most are looking forward to it.

Because TF Devastation is a $50 game that is Bayonetta+Vanquish+MG Rising in terms of gameplay.
If you actually bothered to follow the game's discussion you'd know why, instead of just making a one off comment :p

Just read the last 2 pages for quick impressions on the gameplay and why most are looking forward to it.

But weren't people saying the same shit about Korra before that came out? And the fact that is a $50 game should make you even more apprehensive.

Gentlemen, I'm about to play Sleeping Dogs for the first time. Is there anything I should know before jumping in? General tips or config/keybind options or anything.

Tizoc

But weren't people saying the same shit about Korra before that came out? And the fact that is a $50 game should make you even more apprehensive.

As I wrote; it's Bayonetta+Vanquish+MG Rising.
Rising released for $60, and despite being short had replayability; that applies the same here as the game offers replayability.
...and as I also wrote, check the last 2 pages of the thread I linked, go a page or 2 back more and you'll see early impressions of someone who put a few more hours into the game.

I don't remember much about LoK discussion on GAF, but that game was $15 and I knew what I was getting; Platinum games trademark action but 'lite' on in a small/short package, and I enjoyed the game for what it was.

Well crap, I don't have a PC controller. Is it necessary (like it hear it is for Dark Souls) or just a little better? I don't play enough single-player games to justify buying a PC controller.

No it's not necessary at all, I just preferred it that way. I'm sure it plays fine with M+KB.

I read the impressions and I hope you and them are right, the game looks nice visually, but it could just as easily be another Korra as easily as it could be another Bayonetta+Vanquish+MG Rising. I would still wait until it's gotten into a bunch of peoples hands.

EDIT: Oops double post.

zkylon

zkylewd
I can't take the main character seriously when he wears that in cutscenes.
don't worry the story falls apart midway through so you don't really have to take it seriously

tho it may hurt ur suspention of disbelief for those amazingly realistic dating missions

I'm at the very last chapter (14) in Assassin's Creed 2. For the past 6 hours I've been playing this level over and over and over. I'm just not skilled enough to pull this off. I really miss achievements. Even Steam achievements are better than no achievements. I know Uplay has upoints but there is no notification and no tracking. :\

Momentary

Banned
For those STEAM bros who are also STG bros here's a list of upcoming goodies I put together for us to gander at over on the Shoot'em up thread. If I'm missing anything let me know.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=180656584&postcount=6007

Here is some Anime relevant to my post

CQEw-3nUsAAg01m.png
CQEw-x0U8AEtqm2.png

Tizoc

Tony Hawk 5 is $60, what does price have to do with its quality?

Because you mentioned LoK which was a $15 game.

I read the impressions and I hope you and them are right, the game looks nice visually, but it could just as easily be another Korra as easily as it could be another Bayonetta+Vanquish+MG Rising. I would still wait until it's gotten into a bunch of peoples hands.

EDIT: Oops double post.

But it HAS gotten into a bunch of people's hands :3 There are various videos online of people playing the game, although some aren't very good at it. It was linked in the thread I mentioned but since I can't make threads myself there wasn't a thread to discuss the new footage and no one stepped up to make one.
aT ANy rate, Reveiws will be up in a few days, although I would recommend reading GAFfers' impressions of the game, especially since that way it's approached from the views of those who are more proficient in character action games.
Also did I mention that the game has a Robot Dinosaur doing Flash kicks?

Perhaps Platinum actually has more time and budget to work with this time.

That's the key thing though: TF was developed by Platinum games, Tony Hawk sadly wasn't.

Now imagine a Tony Hawk game developed by Platinum games XP

Dr Dogg

I'll be doing a preview for Football Manager 2016 next month. I wonder how many Special One references I can get in.

I wonder if he'll get the sack before your recommendation is posted? Speaking of FM...

I think diablo 3 x dark souls would be the perfect video game

I always liked when just one game vied for my attention. Used to be Battlefield and before that for years it was Champ/Footy Man but seeing the unhealthy amount of DIII that I've been playing recently this combo would probably see me through for eternity.

aw350

Banned
Made a ton of progress in Kerbal today.

I got orbital transfer mechanics down and I managed to land on my first moon, which was quite the learning experience. It was a hairy landing due to my lander being far too top heavy, but I managed to stick it down after some tricky flying.

The first few hours of the game is constant trial and error, but once you understand the basics, the sky is the limit.

Which mode are you playing in - sandbox, science or career? Which would you recommend to a new player?

zkylon

zkylewd
man the last stretch of witcha 3 is so cool and kind of disappointing at the same time. i didn't finish it, gotta wake up early tomorrow to watch leagues worlds games, but i'm at the part where the open world map opens up again, so i think this time is endgame for realsies.

the part that was disappointing was (ENGAME SPOILERS)
how that whole section in which you go from kaer mohren to vizima to kill the hunt general is just almost all cutscenes. even if it's the end of the game, it feels like such an epilogue-y section that it was just begging to be playable. all this trouble looking for ciri for hundreds of hours, i wish i had gotten to play that section, chat with her a little bit more, ride the horses ourselves instead of cutscene skip, to maybe run into a few things in the way and do some father and daughter witching.

the cutscene approach works but feels like such a missed opportunity to get you fantastic payoff for all the work you put into finding ciri, it's a pity that you lose some of that by just turning the last 5 hours or so in a linear cutscene -> fight -> cutscene thing

the story does go in awesome directions, the whole "suicide mission" section was amazing and i can't help but wonder if letho would've been there if i didn't kill him in witcha 2, or maybe the baron if he hadn't hanged himself, etc.

gonna get the season pass this week, as much as i'm tired of this game after completing ALL THE QUESTS, the new stories and characters and seeing shani again and whatnot will pull me back really easily

what a great fucking game

Want to get removed from my Steam friends list?

All you need to do is post screens from a game I haven't played and then write some story spoilers in the caption (even if the screen itself is harmless).

Easy as pie.

It's not a $50 game. They're only selling some versions of it for $50.
The fact that you can get the PC version for 17€ should tell you something

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00ZUYEJ6C/

I don't care about the game either way but that's a silly argument

Dr Dogg

There's one thing I certainly don't miss about disc/cart based media is opening a box to pop something on and not find what you're looking for. Admittedly that's my fault for being lazy but it really gets on my wick!

Saying that a lad I worked with ages ago when his missus walked out on him she took all of the CDs and DVDs in the house with her. Just the discs though not the cases and he didn't work that shit out for months. That had a few of us chuckling for a few days just how brilliantly evil that was.

Wow, that's quite a price difference. I can't see any mention of steamworks so would I be right in presuming this doesn't redeem on steam?

I don't think anyone knows yet but it seems very likely that it'll redeem on Steam. Amazon is offering some kind of pre-order DLC and I'm not sure where else you would redeem that?

Corpekata

Banned
Oh well, if they're selling it for 20 euros in a single country on a single platform that's for some reason coming out a month after the other version, I guess that should be taken as representative of the whole.

Oh well, if they're selling it for 20 euros in a single country on a single platform that's for some reason coming out a month after the other version, I guess that should be taken as representative of the whole.

It's about as representative as the price of the other versions, especially considering Activison just released THPS5.

I didn't know that defending the quality of a game that almost no one here has played based on its RRP was a thing now.

So it's not only silly Denmark pricing! (I saw that edit). Who woulda thunk.

In other news, the animals in MGSV are bumming me out. I love hunting in open world games but most of them can only be caught with cages and there's no way to tell where they're at without looking at a guide. :|

Running into a bear in the wild was pretty cool at least

Corpekata

Banned
So, just to clarify, should we now all be acting like Nuuvem prices are the MSRP of games? Just want to be up to speed, so I can thank Konami for releasing MGSV at 50 dollars and not being greedy about charging 60 bucks for their PC games these days like a lot of current publishers.

The very fact that Transformers is getting a retail release, let alone a frigging PC retail release, clearly puts this into a different category than Korra. I am not saying it will be good, but it's asinine to imply some random prices for cheap that are, again, coming out a month later for no apparent reason (these could very likely be old outdated SKUS given Amazon UK is selling two version of the same thing at different prices), are a "different" version, especially when you were trying to call someone else's logic flawed.

Like, if 20 euros was a standard price, wouldn't there be 20 euro versions for say, the PS4? Or perhaps it's a reflection of the fact PC retail prices vary wildly?

So, just to clarify, should we now all be acting like Nuuvem prices are the MSRP of games? Just want to be up to speed, so I can thank Konami for releasing MGSV at 50 dollars and not being greedy about charging 60 bucks for their PC games these days like a lot of current publishers.

The very fact that Transformers is getting a retail release, let alone a frigging PC retail release, clearly puts this into a different category than Korra. I am not saying it will be good, but it's asinine to imply some random prices for cheap that are, again, coming out a month later for no apparent reason (these could very likely be old outdated SKUS given Amazon UK is selling two version of the same thing at different prices), are a "different" version, especially when you were trying to call someone else's logic flawed.

Like, if 20 euros was a standard price, wouldn't there be 20 euro versions for say, the PS4? Or perhaps it's a reflection of the fact PC retail prices vary wildly?

My whole point was that saying "you can't compare it to Korra since it's a $50 game" is silly. I'm not saying anything about the quality of the game either. And sort of unrelated, but PC retail releases are not as rare as you think in Europe/Germany.

Only 2 of the 5 SKUs being released are even close to full price in Europe. PS4/XONE is 50€, PS3/360 is 30€ and PC is ~20€.

Dr Dogg

I liked Dishonored, and Derrick...

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag137/nelsonmonty/SCAREDSHAKING_zps768ab00c.gif[img][/QUOTE]

You also like indie games so I'd say the scale is tipping more in the opposite direction of Derrick's tastes. But hey I like lager and wine so somes you can have your chalk and cheese and eat it. That's enough mashed up idioms for one day.

Anteater

wow only a page after passing out

High chaos ending?

I've got to get around to picking up the DLCs one day, and play through again as a killing machine (did the clean hands thing on my first and only play-through). Such a great game.

That Samuel heel turn actually depends on how you play the game,
if you have high chaos he will be a dick alert everyone that you are there but if you have low chaos he will be chill and not.

Figures, I
shot him with an arrow before I go
, lol

Only if
you were a murdering asshole bastard

Can't let all those grenades go to waste!

Did he? Can't remember.

yeah if you kill everyone through out

lemme know how long the dlc takes you

i might try that later, i'm craving for something that doesn't last an eternity

They're probably not too long

Preordered Fallout 4 yesterday from Funstock just to be able to tell people from day 1 how they ruined Fallout (again) :smug:

Nah, just kidding, I hope it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom