• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

I don't know why I day 1 Bethesda RPG's when I always stop on a bugged quest and wait a week until a patch/modfix appears and rinse and repeat.

I haven't finished Skyrim and New Vegas yet.

Hektor

I don't know why I day 1 Bethesda RPG's when I always stop on a bugged quest and wait a week until a patch/modfix appears and rinse and repeat.

I haven't finished Skyrim and New Vegas yet.

consequences-of-high-cholesterol-2.jpg

Arthea

Preordered Fallout 4 yesterday from Funstock just to be able to tell people from day 1 how they ruined Fallout (again) :smug:

Nah, just kidding, I hope it's good.

I'm not buying it, at least not any time soon, so when you'll play it and say how they ruined Fallout, I nod my head and agree with you and that will be good.

About earlier Transformers discussion, dlcs doesn't have to be activated they can be installed just as a drm free game.
As for prices and release dates being all over the place, that is kinda weird. I still hope digital retailers will get it and I can buy it for a better price, otherwise I'll just wait.

Arthea

About Fairy Fencer dlcs, if you don't go for 100% and I strongly advised against it on several occasions, you don't need any dlc, these are all for grinding your way to 100% and none are story or gameplay related or needed.

edited: ups, not all, some are cosmetic.

Milamber

About Fairy Fencer dlcs, if you don't go for 100% and I strongly advised against it on several occasions, you don't need any dlc, these are all for grinding your way to 100% and none are story or gameplay related or needed.

Excuse me, I need to see mai waifu's in swimwear, thank you.

EDIT: Damned edit.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

DREW AND THE FLOATING LABYRINTH -- MB-093AC1A97329946E - Taken by Hektor
12 Labours of Hercules -- MB-4239A11AEB32A8D3 - Taken by Saty

Arthea

I gave Chime fair chance - 6 hours to win me over, it didn't. Not that it's bad or not worthy, but it missing something, too simple, too time bound, IDK, didn't click with me. I've played all levels though, so I consider myself done with it.
Time to get back to real game aka Celestian Tales.

It still nicely filled the rest period I needed after Fairy Fencer, together with Legends of Solitaire I'm about to finish.

aw350

Banned
A question - has The Orange Box ever been discounted?

Also, is there a site or something which lists the lowest price point for (Steam) games?

Woke up to an MGSV booster pack in my inventory.

Life is good.

First booster pack. Much excite.

Opens pack.

All cards I have.

Rage.

Sells.

Buys cards I needed.

Complete badge.

Goodies.

Sell goodies (in 7 days)

Profit?

Am I doing it right?

Arthea

Woke up to an MGSV booster pack in my inventory.

Life is good.

First booster pack. Much excite.

Opens pack.

All cards I have.

Rage.

Sells.

Buys cards I needed.

Complete badge.

Goodies.

Sell goodies (in 10 days)

Profit?

Am I doing it right?

more or less, you could have traded those cards on trade boards every game has, if lucky you wouldn't have needed to wait not only 10 days but even one to sell goodies.

Thanks! That's very useful.

Almost forgot, if you want to see lowest price point in steam browser, you should install Enchanted Steam, in case you use Chrome that is.

aw350

Banned
Almost forgot, if you want to see lowest price point in steam browser, you should install Enchanted Steam, in case you use Chrome that is.

Wow. Thanks again.

Kinda want to try one of those Grand Strategy game.

Crusader King II or Europa Universalis IV?

I'd start with CK2, because if you like it, you can continue with EU4 - it works chronologically (and you can even continue the same game you started with CK2 in EU4).

A question - has The Orange Box ever been discounted?

Also, is there a site or something which lists the lowest price point for (Steam) games?

If you aren't already using it get Enhanced Steam, you can get the link from the OP. It gives you this info built right into the store page and a ton of other useful stuff.

Arthea

Wow. Thanks again.

It just occurred to me that you probably don't know this joke, it actually is called Enhanced Steam and it is an extension for Chrome and FireFox but last one isn't updated anymore, unless jschackles got back to doing it again.

more or less, you could have traded those cards on trade boards every game has, if lucky you wouldn't have needed to wait not only 10 days but even one to sell goodies.
Hmmm not sure I follow. Just want to know for the future. How could I have traded and ended up with about the same value I have now of goodies and been able to sell them without the 7 day hold?

I sold 3 cards for about 90 cents. Bought 3 cards I needed to complete badge worth about the same 90 cents.

Completed badge. Ended up with goodies worth about 90 cents lol. And a coupon for a game I will never buy and probably give away in here when I can. BUT after all this I basically have more e-cred in my steam level going up and 90 cents given to me for free from Steam.

Is this not the right way to do it or is there a better way? What could have I done in the trade route to come out more ahead?

Sorry if confusing post. Need morning coffee.

aw350

Banned
If you aren't already using it get Enhanced Steam, you can get the link from the OP. It gives you this info built right into the store page and a ton of other useful stuff.

It just occurred to me that you probably don't know this joke, it actually is called Enhanced Steam and it is an extension for Chrome and FireFox but last one isn't updated anymore, unless jschackles got back to doing it again.

Getting it now, will be surfing like a man.

Thanks to both of you and big props to jshackles.

Arthea

Hmmm not sure I follow. Just want to know for the future. How could I have traded and ended up with about the same value I have now of goodies and been able to sell them without the 7 day hold?

I sold 3 cards for about 90 cents. Bought 3 cards I needed to complete badge worth about the same 90 cents.

Completed badge. Ended up with goodies worth about 90 cents lol. And a coupon for a game I will never buy and probably give away in here when I can. BUT after all this I basically have more e-cred in my steam level going up and 90 cents given to me for free from Steam.

Is this not the right way to do it or is there a better way? What could have I done in the trade route to come out more ahead?

Sorry if confusing post. Need morning coffee.
While trading on steam card trading boards, you can request all trades to be 1:1, and trade your doubles for cards you don't have, not only this way you don't loose any money whatsoever, but you don't have trade restrictions to trigger if you trade cards with people, instead of buying them on the market. It doesn't work for all games, but it does for popular (or just bundled, given for free) ones, where trades appear faster. You might consider it not worth your time, because selling/buying is of course faster.

The last booster pack I got was for Super Distro, a game that has been given away and bundled multiple times and has 10 cards in the set. With the valve/maker cut I cleared a whole 2c each per card for a grand total of 6 cents!

Just once I'd like a booster for a game that hasn't hit junk card status.

Uzzy

Kinda want to try one of those Grand Strategy game.

Crusader King II or Europa Universalis IV?

Both are excellent titles, and will give you hundreds if not thousands of hours of gametime. There's almost infinite possibilities for you to engage with. They're also very different games.

Crusader Kings II is focused on feudal politics. It's all about your dynasty and its power base, it's history, it's interactions between other lords and bishops and succession laws. It's all about plots, uncovering plots against yourself and launching them against others. It's notable that you play as an actual character in CKII, which is quite different from EU4.

In Europa Universalis IV you take charge of a nation, and it's focused on interactions between nation states, in war, trade and diplomacy. Form alliances with major powers and crush your enemies, then stab them in the back once they've bled their armies dry for you. Go and colonise the world, then watch as your colonial states try and rise up against you. Play as a major power like France and laugh manically as you conquer everything in your path, or pick some minor power like Taungu and rewrite the history books.

Both have a wealth of tutorials and information about them available online at various places, so that's no issue.

While trading on steam card trading boards, you can request all trades to be 1:1, and trade your doubles for cards you don't have, not only this way you don't loose any money whatsoever, but you don't have trade restrictions to trigger if you trade cards with people, instead of buying them on the market. It doesn't work for all games, but it does for popular (or just bundled, given for free) ones, where trades appear faster. You might consider it not worth your time, because selling/buying is of course faster.
Thanks I follow now. Bit new to this. In this case it probably was not worth the time just by looking at the MGSV trade board. Will make sure to check in the future before selling.

Thought this whole trading card thing was dumb and useless before I got the booster pack this morning and realize it can turn into free money - which ain't a bad thing at all. :D

gaming side crack me up sometimes

I can't wait for the day that game discussion will evolve as whole and the games can be classified between "THE BEST THING EVER" and "WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT".

Whoa, cool. At first I thought it was the bike at the bottom which was our playable character.

The gimmick on the game is you can charge your and engines or your weapons, you can't do both so it may leads to an interesting gameplay.

So, is there going to be controller wars once the Steam Controller and XB1 Elite ship? Because some people like to bring up which is superior without even trying any of them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom