• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

You need a Slowpoke avatar LORD.

....and tag

I'm used to associating L.O.R.D's avatar with slowpoke.

If anyone has the same avatar I'll associate them with it too, just to be sure.

C5pkwgA.jpg

Hinomura

Reposting from the OT

My list of Tales of games that I've beaten (updated Oct 30th, 2015):
- Tales of Phantasia
- Tales of Symphonia
- Tales of the Abyss
- Tales of Vesperia
- Tales of Xillia
- Tales of Zestiria

I've played most of Tales of games, but I rarely finish them, and Zestiria has earned its spot on my list. Totally enjoyed the journey with fantastic characters and great bonding between them (one of the best in JRPGs). Combat is pretty challenging as usual Tales of games, but kinda hindered with the wonky camera. Story is interesting but still with flaws here and there. Discovering new areas is worth it. There are lots of zones and dungeons that are totally unrelated to the main story. Too bad, sometimes travelling is just too long. I also love the sidequests. They're not your usual fetch quests, they usually started with a small hint from a villager or opened after a big story plot. Overall I totally enjoyed Zestiria, totally exceeded my expectations.

8/10

Nine hours in and my daughter and I are enjoying it very much. The first Tales of we played together was Vesperia and she liked that too, but - at least to me - Zestiria is much, much better, probably one of the best of the few I played (PS2 Legendia, PS2 the Abyss, PSP Eternia, PSP the World: Radiant Mythology, GC Symphonia, X360 Vesperia - I've yet to buy Xillia 1 and 2), if not the best.

In nine hours we didn't met any annoying characters (and that's a relief!), and we're looking forward to play it again this we! :)

We have to
get on the hill after fighting on the battlefield and beating our own general

Nine hours in and my daughter and I are enjoying it very much. The first Tales of we played together was Vesperia and she liked that too, but - at least to me - Zestiria is much, much better, probably one of the best of the few I played (PS2 Legendia, PS2 the Abyss, PSP Eternia, PSP the World: Radiant Mythology, GC Symphonia, X360 Vesperia - I've yet to buy Xillia 1 and 2), if not the best.

In nine hours we didn't met any annoying characters (and that's a relief!), and we're looking forward to play it again this we! :)

We have to
get on the hill after fighting on the battlefield and beating our own general

Yeah, the fact that there is no annoying loli character in Zestiria is already made this game one of the best Tales of games. Loli is kinda a must have in most JRPGs, but I can't stand them, especially their voice. The loli character in Zestiria, in the other hand, is actually the best character in the game.

Hinomura

Yeah, the fact that there is no annoying loli character in Zestiria is already made this game one of the best Tales of games. Loli is kinda a must have in most JRPGs, but I can't stand them, especially their voice. The loli character in Zestiria, in the other hand, is actually the best character in the game.

Probably it's just me, maybe it was a matter of planetary and stars alignment, and it's very probably not a popular thing, but I was on the fence of shredding in pieces the discs of Symphonia the nth time Colette talked about her ultralove for everything, the fantastic inspiring nature, the greatness of friendship, and that the boo-boo-scary-evil-doers didn't concern her because love wins everything now and forever. Fortunately, I limited myself to turn off the Gamecube without saving ^__^

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC -- MB-A24D829A9ABA16B8 - Taken by Diedac. 64 entrants total.

t1446223434z1.png

Only enter if you'll play it this week or month. :p

I forgot to add auto repost. Oh well.

Serious question.

Is <game x> worth is at <price y>? Or should I wait until <sale z>?

I mean, do you plan on playing it now or at some point in measurable time?

Anyway, here's my haul-list we all love for the sale so far:

Black Flag "Damaged"
Descendants x 2
Black Sabbath "Vol 4"
High on Fire "Blessed Black Wings" (purple vinyl)
...and the Lisa DLC

bloke

IndieGala giving away these with purchases now...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Slender: The Arrival -- MB-5147BDA98BECF37F - Taken by ExoSoul
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-177089B0264E2BFA - Taken by texhnolyze

I was thinking the same thing. Apparently the consensus is Dragonfall, but I thought I'd like to start from the beginning with Returns.

I haven't made up my mind yet.

If you're only playing one, Dragonfall is it, though Hong Kong is also good.

Returns is an all-or-nothing deal: it's the worst, so play it first or skip it entirely. It is a very primitive game compared to the other two.

pahamrick

I was thinking the same thing. Apparently the consensus is Dragonfall, but I thought I'd like to start from the beginning with Returns.

Well, the stories aren't connected if that's what you're worried about. I really like Returns, but I can see how most found it lacking / mediocre. The UI is basically a touchpad UI adapted for PC, and it shows terribly. The actual campaign is okay, I enjoyed the writing and what was there for what it was.

Everything is better in Dragonfall. The UI, writing, setting, actual story.

Nzyme32

CSgB4FOXIAAazeY.jpg

Which of the 3 games should I get considering the price?

I decided to get both Returns and DragonFall. I'll get Hong Kong later.

Dragonfall is apparently better, but Returns is no slouch and definitely seem to be worthwhile. So I figured I would go from the start with Returns then do the expansion, ie DragonFall.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So... has Anno dropped it's DRM or what? I remember JaseC saying it did, but apparently it hasn't?

I know it literally just came out, but I wish Bulb Boy had a little bit better discount. I've been interested in it for a while, but I'm hesitating on getting it. If it were 20-30% off I would have already bought it.

Serious question.

Is <game x> worth is at <price y>? Or should I wait until <sale z>?

Train A is departing Chicago at 9:00am and travelling <number of games in your backlog> mph.

If it can reach New York in less than an hour, don't buy it.

If it's travelling faster than Mach 1, then you probably own the game already, JaseC.

Probably it's just me, maybe it was a matter of planetary and stars alignment, and it's very probably not a popular thing, but I was on the fence of shredding in pieces the discs of Symphonia the nth time Colette talked about her ultralove for everything, the fantastic inspiring nature, the greatness of friendship, and that the boo-boo-scary-evil-doers didn't concern her because love wins everything now and forever. Fortunately, I limited myself to turn off the Gamecube without saving ^__^

Wait no, Collette is not an annoying loli character to me. She's a sweet yet quite mature girl. Yes, I love her. The actual loli in Symphonia, Presea, is actually a decent character as well. That's also the reason why I enjoyed Symphonia.

Wait no, Collette is not an annoying loli character to me. She's a sweet yet quite mature girl. Yes, I love her. The actual loli in Symphonia, Presea, is actually a decent character as well. That's also the reason why I enjoyed Symphonia.

I would rather play with an all Agnès Oblige party than suffer more Collette.

EDIT - Okay, half-Agnes party.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Costume Quest -- MB-5AB95B54BD0E8F3C - Taken by fuzzy123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom