• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think it's worth grabbing the third one 50% off? I already have I and II.

Only if you really want to play Final Cut as soon as it releases. The devs have said they want to make it so you can still get it free after the release date so you could just wait for it to get a bigger discount. It's not 100% guaranteed though so it might be worth picking up just in case.

They added three new ones, finish a discovery queue, view a broadcast, and add your phone number (which was the obvious point of the whole thing). And as with the last level, you just have to do all of them but one to get the badge.

Valve's push to get everyone's phone number is kinda creepy now. Before it was just mildly annoying, like "Hey, we've got a new security feature, wanna try it? No? How about now? How about NOW?" ...now it seems more like "Seriously, give us your fucking phone number." What is their obsession with it? Why can't they understand some people might not be able to give it, let alone want to?

Chariot

Valve's push to get everyone's phone number is kinda creepy now. Before it was just mildly annoying, like "Hey, we've got a new security feature, wanna try it? No? How about now? How about NOW?" ...now it seems more like "Seriously, give us your fucking phone number." What is their obsession with it? Why can't they understand some people might not be able to give it, let alone want to?
Gaben drunk calling 3 in the morning.

1.5 GB update for Pillars of Eternity. Ugh.
well most of them

A9E1leO.png

:,(

wtf

Valve why. He was the best of the mascots. Might've even had a name!

Hektor

You remember that girl in middleschool with the ugly braces who sat near you and always ended up in your school project group, asking you to meet her after school at your home so you can finish the project even tho the work was already done?

Knurek

Steam Controller support has been patched into Pillars of Eternity.

How about X360/DS4 support? D:OSEE shows it's possible, heck, a good method for controlling a cRPG.

Lomax

It's a good security feature that if not pressed to do, most people wouldn't bother. I'm a good example, as I didn't bother to do it until they made it part of the badge. Sometimes you need to nag people for their own benefit. And better secured accounts means fewer customer service calls down the line for Valve, which is why they push it.

That said, there should be an option somewhere that says "no, and don't ask me again" for people who want to opt out completely. But it should be something you have to go looking for.

Eila

Only if you really want to play Final Cut as soon as it releases. The devs have said they want to make it so you can still get it free after the release date so you could just wait for it to get a bigger discount. It's not 100% guaranteed though so it might be worth picking up just in case.

Better hold, I guess. Might be on some bundle down the line.

got my PS3 controller working and now I can play game DMC and RE: Revelations at a beautiful resolution of 640x480 :")

im still in shock these games even run on this toaster

Mikaju

Disney Infinity 3.0 found my purchased and registered playsets (Star wars and Inside out, toy box takeover) and also all my characters from all 3 games. Playsets I did not own it offered me a demo. Nice to have this on Steam. Definitely going to buy other SW playset now too.

Jawmuncher

Disney Infinity 3.0 found my purchased and registered playsets (Star wars and Inside out, toy box takeover) and also all my characters from all 3 games. Playsets I did not own it offered me a demo. Nice to have this on Steam. Definitely going to buy other SW playset now too.

Nice to know. Still downloading it to try it myself. Have been wanting to play the Star Wars stuff.

Eila

got my PS3 controller working and now I can play game DMC and RE: Revelations at a beautiful resolution of 640x480 :")

im still in shock these games even run on this toaster

REvelations should run on anything. DmC is UE3, so it might be a little harder to get it running at a good framerate.

Corpekata

Banned
Steam Controller support has been patched into Pillars of Eternity.

How about X360/DS4 support? D:OSEE shows it's possible, heck, a good method for controlling a cRPG.

Have you played both games? Because they aren't that comparable when it comes to control schemes. Divinity and Wasteland work because they are turn based.

Reposting from the OT

My list of Tales of games that I've beaten (updated Oct 30th, 2015):
- Tales of Phantasia
- Tales of Symphonia
- Tales of the Abyss
- Tales of Vesperia
- Tales of Xillia
- Tales of Zestiria

I've played most of Tales of games, but I rarely finish them, and Zestiria has earned its spot on my list. Totally enjoyed the journey with fantastic characters and great bonding between them (one of the best in JRPGs). Combat is pretty challenging as usual Tales of games, but kinda hindered with the wonky camera. Story is interesting but still with flaws here and there. Discovering new areas is worth it. There are lots of zones and dungeons that are totally unrelated to the main story. Too bad, sometimes travelling is just too long. I also love the sidequests. They're not your usual fetch quests, they usually started with a small hint from a villager or opened after a big story plot. Overall I totally enjoyed Zestiria, totally exceeded my expectations.

8/10

Kifimbo

If you received a -75% off coupon for Heavy Bullets from Alienware, you can use it with the current -75% discount and the game ends up really cheap.

Is it fun? The figures get big discounts around black friday so if it's decent I might pick up a couple.

I think it's fun. You can download the game and see if you like it. It's F2P so at the very least you can try things out. The game will have a few characters unlocked for the trial mode and those will change each week I believe.

one thing though...there's no in-game vsync option (no idea why not) and I had some tearing...I tried to force it through Catalyst Control Center and it didn't work but it did let me force vsync through RadeonPro to stop the tearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom