• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

So, there's a VN from the doujin circle Aiueo Kompany and Sekai Project coming to Steam, called Sound of Drop -fall into poison- (aka Shizuku no Oto), and it's releasing tomorrow:

Description:
Nestled in the heart of Tokyo, the quaint little aquarium, Manten Aquarium.
Numerous urban legends have arisen from here.
On the night of the full moon the waters turn to blood and man faced fish lurk within.

Junior high school students Mayu and Himeno came to Manten Aquarium to investigate these urban legends.
In the beginning it was fun, but then.
They see a glimpse of Mayu’s missing littler sister, Mari.
The wheels of fate begin turning as they chase after Mari’s shadow.

--Before she realizes it, Mayu finds herself alone and lost in the crimson aquarium.

How to play
・Proceed through the story from Mayu’s point of view
・Make choices through the game and choose your fate.

Contains
・3 main story routes
・Over 30 endings (Mostly bad)

Steam page

I heard the Mahjong stuff might be bad, because it doesnt use either standard chinese or standard japanese rules, but some strange mix of chinese specific provincial rules along with some special japanese rules and feels like a mix.

My first real Steam sale where I have a computer to play the games I am buying.

Never expected much anyways. Waiting for Christmas.

Also I have a severe lack of steam friends please add me. I am currently going through my backlog but hope to get onto some of the popular multiplayer games some of you guys play like Rocket League soon.

Link to profile in quote.

SalsaShark, I hope this game doesnt go on a crazy sale soon

ULXxmlZ.jpg

Jawmuncher

So got the Star Wars: Rise Agaisnt the Empire code from a friend for Disney Infinity 3.0. Made a Disney infinity account and added the code. Logged into the PC game with said account and I have access to the playset now. Right now the biggest issue is that you have to force Vsync since the options are pretty lacking. Aside from that the camera control is pretty slow on the controller. No other big issues I have noticed though. Seems to be fine aside from that.

Dota is the abusive spouse that beats and berates you but you still stay and spend money on them because they gives you things every now and again

I dont know why I bought a damn copendium

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So, I came pretty close to purchasing Layers of Fear earlier, but decided to do some looking into it. It's not mentioned on the store page, but on the game's Steam forums, the developers have openly admitted that story and playable content will be removed intentionally when the game leaves Early Access, in an attempt to feign value for early buyers. They claim this content is substantial enough to give EA players a better understanding of the story, but will even go missing for those buyers once the game goes live.

I'm pretty tired, so I can't fully articulate how I feel about this, but people need to know what's going on with this game and I encourage others to ask the developers to rethink this stance. I'm having serious apprehensions about putting money down on the game knowing that stuff will go missing just because the developers wanted it to. I don't think I've ever seen a developer attempt this sort of content witholding before, and I don't intend to start encouraging it.

Dsyndrome

So, I came pretty close to purchasing Layers of Fear earlier, but decided to do some looking into it. It's not mentioned on the store page, but on the game's Steam forums, the developers have openly admitted that story and playable content will be removed intentionally when the game leaves Early Access, in an attempt to feign value for early buyers. They claim this content is substantial enough to give EA players a better understanding of the story, but will even go missing for those buyers once the game goes live.

I'm pretty tired, so I can't fully articulate how I feel about this, but people need to know what's going on with this game and I encourage others to ask the developers to rethink this stance. I'm having serious apprehensions about putting money down on the game knowing that stuff will go missing just because the developers wanted it to. I don't think I've ever seen a developer attempt this sort of content witholding before, and I don't intend to start encouraging it.
Sounds like The Flock somewhat; why make a game that's not multiplayer whatsoever with content that has an expiration date? The Flock's worse and I have this game, but I still don't support this. Early Access should be used for showing workable builds and squashing bugs, not having some story that will be lost to the ether when the game finally goes live.

So got the Star Wars: Rise Agaisnt the Empire code from a friend for Disney Infinity 3.0. Made a Disney infinity account and added the code. Logged into the PC game with said account and I have access to the playset now. Right now the biggest issue is that you have to force Vsync since the options are pretty lacking. Aside from that the camera control is pretty slow on the controller. No other big issues I have noticed though. Seems to be fine aside from that.

I had most of the Disney Infinity 1.0 figures so I used the codes to add those characters

Dr.Acula

Banned

The game's still in development. What if they're removing stuff just because it's kinda techy, proof-of-concept for the demo stuff? The Phantom Pain didn't need all of Ground Zeros in it to be worthwhile.

I get that it's sad that the demo will be "gone forever" like PT, but I don't lament that some of the early stuff from the HL2 or STALKER leaks isn't in the final game. Those games were under development, things do change.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The game's still in development. What if they're removing stuff just because it's kinda techy, proof-of-concept for the demo stuff? The Phantom Pain didn't need all of Ground Zeros in it to be worthwhile.

I get that it's sad that the demo will be "gone forever" like PT, but I don't lament that some of the early stuff from the HL2 or STALKER leaks isn't in the final game. Those games were under development, things do change.

This isn't a demo, this is the full game with chunks removed that are still in development or being kept under wraps so fans have something new to learn when the game officially launches. The content they're talking about removing is already integrated into the game plan and exists as-is beside all of the currently existing content. There's no technical reasons why it's being removed. I perfectly understand that games change drastically, content is cut and replaced all the time, but it's usually for a variety of reasons that don't include "dicking customers who buy the game later because stone cold said so".

The only reason it's being removed is to give EA players a better understanding of the game as a whole. It's a massive difference and should absolutely be discouraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom