• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomac

Extra:
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-588D0862EC410721 - Taken by madjoki. 3 entrants total.

t1443966496z1.png

Jawmuncher

Finished Ys I & II last night. After finally getting past the hump of the bump combat system. I really came to enjoy Ys I. I liked how while simple it still had a nice challenge to it, was also great that the dungeons and others areas while big for their age. Never got too convoluted or confusing. On the other hand while I still enjoyed Ys II to an extent. It adds way too much onto the base of Ys I and is worse off for it. There was far more grinding in Ys II (In Ys I you're max level without much work before you're even at the end of the game) and the dungeons get very very confusing. Doesn't help that the last dungeon alone has so much back and forth, that it really kills the pace of it. Still not a bad experience, but compared to the first Ys I was a tad bit dissapointed. Both games together took about 11 hours with Ys II being the longer of the two at like 6ish hours. My time is a tad wrong since there was some idling before I played so i'm just subtracting that off the top of my head. Overall still think both are worth playing especially for those who like older jrpgs. Since they're pretty unique in that genre. They go on sale every holiday for a pretty good price.

Dr Dogg

I can't wait for the day that game discussion will evolve as whole and the games can be classified between "THE BEST THING EVER" and "WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT".

Sadly that day has been upon us for a very long time.

That 32k Puzzle thread is stressing me out.

I like jigsaws but no way do I have the patience to do one with that many pieces. Just imagine if the box only contained 31,995 pieces. That table would be getting flipped the fuck out!

So, is there going to be controller wars once the Steam Controller and XB1 Elite ship? Because some people like to bring up which is superior without even trying any of them lol

Soooooo just like every review thread then. "This game that I haven't played is better than the subjective score someone who reviews things for a profession gave it!".

Finished Ys I & II last night. After finally getting past the hump of the bump combat system. I really came to enjoy Ys I. I liked how while simple it still had a nice challenge to it, was also great that the dungeons and others areas while big for their age. Never got too convoluted or confusing. On the other hand while I still enjoyed Ys II to an extent. It adds way too much onto the base of Ys I and is worse off for it. There was far more grinding in Ys II (In Ys I you're max level without much work before you're even at the end of the game) and the dungeons get very very confusing. Doesn't help that the last dungeon alone has so much back and forth, that it really kills the pace of it. Still not a bad experience, but compared to the first Ys I was a tad bit dissapointed. Both games together took about 11 hours with Ys II being the longer of the two at like 6ish hours. My time is a tad wrong since there was some idling before I played so i'm just subtracting that off the top of my head. Overall still think both are worth playing especially for those who like older jrpgs. Since they're pretty unique in that genre. They go on sale every holiday for a pretty good price.
dZbzyEU.gif

Glad you liked it! Did you try out the
magic ins Ys II which lets you talk to roos?

Jawmuncher

dZbzyEU.gif

Glad you liked it! Did you try out the
magic ins Ys II which lets you talk to roos?

I did, that was basically a necessity for me to get around the last dungeon lol. Since you would know are the later games more similar to Celceta? In terms of not easily being lost?

madjoki

So, is there going to be controller wars once the Steam Controller and XB1 Elite ship? Because some people like to bring up which is superior without even trying any of them lol

XB1 Elite is like 3 times more expensive, so it's clearly 3 times better.
Also Steam controller doesn't work on X1. ;)

Seriously, can't wait to get my hands on Steam Controller in November.

derExperte

Gotta agree with Turfster, the lack of GAFers on the Assault Android Cactus learderboards is as shameful as it was in the case of Geometry Wars 3. Same for Shütshimi, Ozi and me are in the top 15 of the hard mode and I only tried about five times. Hello?

wait a second, why do you suddenly changed sides when you were fighting for DS4 for so long? betrayal much?

You've been acting kinda out of it the last couple of days and now I'm really worried. Because the only time I ever say something good about the DS4 is in comparison to the torture device aka DS3. Pls, if you're feeling dizzy call 911.

Dr Dogg

Every controller ever made has had some flaw or another and there is no such thing as the perfect controller in my eyes. Plus the Steam Controller is trying to do a job no other controller on the market can, emulate a mouse and keyboard setup from the sofa, which even the 'Elite' controller is going to be bollocks at. I'm happy to have so many options at my disposal on my platform of choice that don't cost a stupid amount that will probably come with suspect build quality.

I did, that was basically a necessity for me to get around the last dungeon lol. Since you would know are the later games more similar to Celceta? In terms of not easily being lost?

Yup, they're all pretty straightforward.

Gotta agree with Turfster, the lack of GAFers on the Assault Android Cactus learderboards is as shameful as it was in the case of Geometry Wars 3. Same for Shütshimi, Ozi and me are in the top 15 of the hard mode and I only tried about five times. Hello?
Hi.

Waiting for the GAF giveaway to end, maybe i'll win. That, and I need to finish MGSV asap before i have the drive to continue other games. :/

Parsnip

I still haven't had hands-on with dualshock 4 or xbone controller.
But I know that I prefer the microsoft stick layout, so xbone controller is an obvious choice. Also knowing that the dpad is not absolute garbage this time and that the new version improves the bumpers, sounds like the controller for me.

Also it takes rechargeables and fits into my eneloop lifestyle.

Arthea

You've been acting kinda out of it the last couple of days and now I'm really worried. Because the only time I ever say something good about the DS4 is in comparison to the torture device aka DS3. Pls, if you're feeling dizzy call 911.
I don't know why you and Turf are so outraged, it's a new game, of course leaderboards will be half empty, as for GW3, I'll get to it eventually, not that will do any good for leaderboards

That's not how I remember it! and btw I'm fine, thanks for worrying

Ive never cared for leaderboards, they could be missing and i can play the game for dozens of hours without even realizing it, i dont even care to beat my score. Pacman dx for example, i play it and just try to last longer than i did before, dont really care about my points

Dr Dogg

Experte, stop spewing nonsense, the dualshock 4 controller is the best controller that has ever been in the market up to this point.

If the best controller that has ever been is one with squeaky triggers, rubbish thumb sticks and a 5 hour battery life then these are dark times indeed.

madjoki

Maybe it's broken? I checked leaderboards and even I'm not there despite completing most of levels.

If the best controller that has ever been is one with squeaky triggers, rubbish thumb sticks and a 5 hour battery life then these are dark times indeed.
Well i mainly use mines for my pc so its always wired, i got 2 and neither have squeaky triggers. Ill give you the rubbish sticks tho, i didnt say it was perfect :p

derExperte

Maybe it's broken? I checked leaderboards and even I'm not there despite completing most of levels.

Did you finish the levels before the game came out of EA? Which I realize is probably the main reason why there aren't that many scores but still, it's a great game and replaying the earlier levels doesn't take that long.

Woke up to an MGSV booster pack in my inventory.
Am I doing it right?

Apparently you're doing it better than most of anyone in here.

Personally, I've never seen a booster for something that actually has cards of value.

The best controller is obviously your kb/m.
I mean, you use it to "control" your actions in any game you play, right?
I have never been as precise or accurate in spreadsheet data entry before... master race, y'all.

abracadaver

How is the DLC campaign for Resident Evil 6?

I liked Leon's the most, chris wasn't as good and the 3rd guy has the worst campaign.

Is it getting better with Ada's campaign?

Jawmuncher

The games are pretty straight forward IMO.

Thad good then. That's what I liked about Celceta. Ys II was quite the shock to me with how maze like it felt like sometimes.

How is the DLC campaign for Resident Evil 6?

I liked Leon's the most, chris wasn't as good and the 3rd guy has the worst campaign.

Is it getting better with Ada's campaign?
You played them all so you might as well play Ada's (it's not DLC). Everyone's order seems to be different (for example I think Leon's is the weakest not count vehicle sections). Ada's I feel is somewhere in the middle. It's like older RE campaigns, in that you keep to see things from another side which is cool.

Dr Dogg

The best controller is obviously your kb/m.
I mean, you use it to "control" your actions in any game you play, right?
I have never been as precise or accurate in spreadsheet data entry before... master race, y'all.

Pfft anyone knows 360 controller on Excel all day long!

And yet I can't get settled into one game for more than a few hours with my interest fading. AssCreed can't come soon enough.

Tizoc

Thad good then. That's what I liked about Celceta. Ys II was quite the shock to me with how maze like it felt like sometimes.

You played them all so you might as well play Ada's (it's not DLC). Everyone's order seems to be different (for example I think Leon's is the weakest not count vehicle sections). Ada's I feel is somewhere in the middle. It's like older RE campaigns, in that you keep to see things from another side which is cool.

Ys 2 could've really benefited from a map, getting lost in Ys 2 was annoying, granted it's a throwback to how older games required the player to make their owns maps or memorize areas, but nowadays a map menu would've really made the game less tedious to navigate.

What did you think of Ys 1 and 2's soundtracks though?

I've been playing some of the excellent Pilgrimage scenario in ARMA 3 again recently, and it's really damn good. Here's some pictures and thoughts.

Fantastic post. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really wish I could find more time in the day to play Arma on top of everything else I don't have time to play, so reading impressions like this is the next best thing.

And yet I can't get settled into one game for more than a few hours with my interest fading. AssCreed can't come soon enough.

Terrible post! Geralt is judging you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom